Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

View Poll Results: Is it a good deal for US that FOX now has the Belmont Stakes
YES! 134 42.68%
NO! 45 14.33%
Only if they keep covering the ladies' HATS! 16 5.10%
Who cares? 119 37.90%
Voters: 314. This poll is closed

Old 01-05-2022, 10:33 PM   #16
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
Harvey? He hasn't worked at NYRA in over 20 years.

Funny stuff.

Hey, at least I was, apparently, good once. Better than most.
That's true....But with Harvey's passing, it affected your energy and things changed.

We are peers in this game, just having different endeavors....It's all good.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-05-2022, 11:08 PM   #17
The_Turf_Monster

There’s only one way to watch the Belmont and it starts with a trip on the LIRR
The_Turf_Monster is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-06-2022, 08:15 AM   #18
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

Quote:
Maybe? You figure I'm like, what, third or fourth string now?
Just seeing if you were paying attention.
Quote:
Hey, at least I was, apparently, good once.
You and Moonlight Graham.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-06-2022, 09:51 AM   #19
classhandicapper

The way things look now, there may be less of a Triple Crown this year than the year everything was rescheduled due to the pandemic.

If Baffert's owners stick with him, the Derby could turn into a 20 horse prep for the Preakness where Baffert will show up with his first string to take on the Preakness prep winner.

The Belmont could turn into an afterthought if he dominates the Preakness and then heads back to California with the best 3yos.

His owners have some interesting decisions to make.
Old 01-06-2022, 10:23 AM   #20
Spalding No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
The way things look now, there may be less of a Triple Crown this year than the year everything was rescheduled due to the pandemic.

If Baffert's owners stick with him, the Derby could turn into a 20 horse prep for the Preakness where Baffert will show up with his first string to take on the Preakness prep winner.

The Belmont could turn into an afterthought if he dominates the Preakness and then heads back to California with the best 3yos.

His owners have some interesting decisions to make.
Is Baffert's 2022 3yo crop up to snuff? Even if it is, how many will he actually keep in one piece by the spring?

His best horse Corniche is currently not in his barn; turned out at the black hole known as WinStar Farm, a Baffert client that bailed on him last summer when taking away two top horses from him (Life is Good, Country Grammar).

Gonna take a lot of intestinal fortitude to LEAVE Kentucky with the likely 2yo Champion to continue to NOT accumulate points towards the Derby...
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-06-2022, 10:32 AM   #21
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalding No! View Post
Is Baffert's 2022 3yo crop up to snuff? Even if it is, how many will he actually keep in one piece by the spring?

His best horse Corniche is currently not in his barn; turned out at the black hole known as WinStar Farm, a Baffert client that bailed on him last summer when taking away two top horses from him (Life is Good, Country Grammar).

Gonna take a lot of intestinal fortitude to LEAVE Kentucky with the likely 2yo Champion to continue to NOT accumulate points towards the Derby...
I have no idea what's going to happen, but there's a chance his best 3yo hasn't even started yet. Personally, I wouldn't give up a shot at the Derby, but he seems to have no shortage of top horses right now.
Old 01-06-2022, 01:27 PM   #22
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
That's true....But with Harvey's passing, it affected your energy and things changed.

Thank you for giving me a good laugh. Both ignoring the last 20 years of NYRA and horse racing in general and yet also finding a way to compare "Replay Randall", a fictional Internet clown, to be a peer to anyone successful.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-06-2022, 01:54 PM   #23
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

When you post in the future....Pretend you have something to offer.
Old 01-06-2022, 02:22 PM   #24
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post

We are not peers with TLG in this game, Randall...not by a longshot. Our work, even if it was comparable, doesn't carry the same responsibility as his work does. He plies his trade out in the open, for everybody to see...while we hide under the cover of anonymity, far away from the prying eyes of our critics. If TLG were operating in secret as we are...then you wouldn't be able to say that his performance has declined since Harvey died.

We call ourselves "winning players"... but our claims are unsubstantiated. TLG's work is out there for everybody to see. And this makes any comparison between us and him very unfair, to him.
Old 01-06-2022, 02:24 PM   #25
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

I respect your opinion....We'll just leave it at that.
Old 01-07-2022, 10:01 AM   #26
CheckMark

Yes I think it's a great deal that FOX has the Belmont Stakes in their control for a few reasons

1) It seems like every year the quality of the NBC channel for either TC season or Breeders Cup is going down and there is nothing really "new" honestly

2) All NBC cares about is Eddie Olczyk and his selections and never brings in actual handicappers to talk about the Triple Crown or Breeders Cup; Like sure they brought in Steve Kornacki for a few times but I believe Olczyk is way better handicapping hockey vs horses in my opinion so please bring back Kornacki FOX please he actually did a good job

I mean I have always watched the NBC channel when the TC or BC is on but what I have said above is why FOX is a positive switch over NBC for the Belmont Stakes
Old 01-07-2022, 02:39 PM   #27
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

I voted no. I like the NBC announcers. Jerry Bailey, Randy Moss, Nick Luck, and yes, Eddie. And a few others. Are they same ol, same ol, ,,,,,, maybe.

Not sure who will be Fox's.
Redboard is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2022, 02:57 PM   #28
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redboard View Post
I voted no. I like the NBC announcers. Jerry Bailey, Randy Moss, Nick Luck, and yes, Eddie. And a few others. Are they same ol, same ol, ,,,,,, maybe.

Not sure who will be Fox's.
Fox has been covering way more racing than NBC, almost daily.

Serling, Courtney, Kinchen, Migliorie, Wolfendale, Wolf, etc.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2022, 03:33 PM   #29
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Fox has been covering way more racing than NBC, almost daily.

Serling, Courtney, Kinchen, Migliorie, Wolfendale, Wolf, etc.
If that's the Fox coverage; change vote from Hats to congrats

talented team of horseracing journalists with a lot of genuine quality to offer.
Old 01-07-2022, 09:38 PM   #30
burnsy
self medicated

Who cares? Is the response. If you want to win or have a chance. This is where being TV Fan guy will kill you. Betting other sports is the same way. If you like cashing….. you gotta block the back round noise out. The people that are any good realize they’re on their own. It takes patience, study and trying to eliminate the bias crap that’s presented on there. Those shows are not even geared towards people that actually handicap. I don’t care if it’s the “expert” or the kid wearing a Tu Tu , I need to come up with my own winners. You gotta block that out. Just be happy a major network like FOX is so interested. Then get to work regardless of the presentation. One thing I try to do is not worry about whose saying what or who calls the race. I spend all my energy on figuring out the race myself.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: