Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 12-08-2020, 02:40 AM   #76
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Yup...that's why it's getting harder and harder to load up the classic YouBet interface.

They are phasing it out because it will no longer work in most/all browsers because it utilizes Adobe Flash.

And apparently, TwinSpires has no interest in recoding the page to work without flash...which is a crying shame.

They are going to lose a not so small number of people over this decision, I suspect.
Old 12-09-2020, 05:45 AM   #77
sjk

Why don't they just remove the links to video? Video is not the reason people still like to use the legacy classic interface.

I only use TS at a few tracks these days. Withdrew 95% of my funds months ago and may well close the account entirely if classic does go away.
sjk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-09-2020, 06:09 AM   #78
TexasDolly

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjk View Post
Why don't they just remove the links to video? Video is not the reason people still like to use the legacy classic interface.

I only use TS at a few tracks these days. Withdrew 95% of my funds months ago and may well close the account entirely if classic does go away.
This note sounds like you are still able to use it. Is that correct ??
Thank you,
TD
TexasDolly is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-09-2020, 11:57 AM   #79
sjk

It is still there for me.

SK
sjk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-09-2020, 12:33 PM   #80
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Here's how to get Twinspires Express (YouBet).

Make sure you are logged into your account.

Go to this page:

https://www.twinspires.com/bettingtools

Then paste this link into your browser:

https://www.twinspires.com/php/tsexpress/2.3/index.php

This works for me. But again, your browser won't let you load this page after this month. So it's going away...unless you can find a browser that supports Adobe Flash AND they keep this page up at TS (hell, even posting this might risk it being taken down before the end of December).
Old 12-09-2020, 04:31 PM   #81
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
And apparently, TwinSpires has no interest in recoding the page to work without flash...which is a crying shame.
That would have been a worthy solution. I doubt they tried to determine what % of their customer base would stay if they did that.

Only "workaround" I can think of is to not update your legacy browser, ie. keep an old version of Firefox on your computer, that is able to run Flash, as well as preserve your Flash plug-in (which also won't be available soon). Something open source like Firefox, you could probably do this and/or find an older version to load and work with.

Just lock down your browser so it cannnot receive updates.

However, If browsers don’t get updates, they are vulnerable to security threats and attacks. But if you're not a bank, and/or you don't keep things on your PC that are vulnerable, then you could probably gain another year or so. Not really worth it to me to do a workaround.

What I can't figure out is why they made the ability to view cancelled wagers go away.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-10-2020, 01:20 PM   #82
JohnGalt1

I just received an email saying that if I bet on the new platform I would get 8 points at CDI owned tracks and 3 points for all others.

I still use legacy classic.

How many points am I getting per dollar?

And why would it make a difference in my points since they are getting a certain dollar amount wagered?
JohnGalt1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-15-2020, 02:37 PM   #83
TexasDolly

PA EXpress

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Here's how to get Twinspires Express (YouBet).

Make sure you are logged into your account.

Go to this page:

https://www.twinspires.com/bettingtools

Then paste this link into your browser:

https://www.twinspires.com/php/tsexpress/2.3/index.php

This works for me. But again, your browser won't let you load this page after this month. So it's going away...unless you can find a browser that supports Adobe Flash AND they keep this page up at TS (hell, even posting this might risk it being taken down before the end of December).
I was able to use the links for 2bdays after you posted them but today no dice.
It is pretty handy as you mentioned earlier.

I wondered if you still have access to Express ?

Thank you,
TD
TexasDolly is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-15-2020, 02:57 PM   #84
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Nope, not working for me.

I was afraid that if I posted this publicly they would take it down...I have a feeling they didn't realize there was still a back door.

Oh well.

Everybody kept asking...so I decided to try and help out.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Guess I'll just transfer my balance into my AmWager account.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 12-15-2020 at 06:51 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-15-2020, 03:25 PM   #85
lamboguy

i have 5 different adw accounts, but i don't have amwager. i hear nothing but good things about them...i think i will give them a shot now.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-15-2020, 06:51 PM   #86
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I've been told the link I posted isn't working at this time...my apologies...

However, this link will give a $25 instant + $100 match

https://www.amwager.com/?amwaffid=Am..._campaign=base

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 12-15-2020 at 06:52 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-15-2020, 09:06 PM   #87
thaskalos

I can't believe that Twinspires considers their new online interface to be an improvement over what they previously offered. What "improvement" do they see in their new offering...that laughable betting line that they now feature there? If I were allowed to bet into their "fair value line"...I would retire rich in three months.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-28-2020, 10:32 PM   #88
thaskalos

After letting my account lapse for several months, I decided to fund it again yesterday...and I started wrestling with their new interface today. Whenever I attempted to place an exotics wager using their new wager tab on the right of the webpage, as soon as I clicked on my first betting selection, a flap documenting my wager would open up from the bottom of the page which covered up almost the entire wager pad...making it impossible for me to proceed with the rest of my bet. the only way I could finish my bet sequence was by carefully scrolling down and viewing the betting choices one horse at a time...and this while using a desktop computer with a 24" monitor. My question is...does anyone here know if this infuriating wager tab could be modified into a workable kind...or should I let my account lapse again?

Does it take geniuses to realize that a wagering company shouldn't make the betting process as difficult as possible for the customer?
Old 12-28-2020, 11:42 PM   #89
trifecta

What I ended up doing was closing out the video for the race I wanted to bet, then clicking on Classic under Program on the left side of the webpage, and placing exotic wagers from there.

Once you have the video up and running, click on the blue Video button on the right side of the web page to close it out. Then click on Classic on the left. I hate it. It's maddening, but it's the only way I know how to get there.
trifecta is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2020, 12:45 AM   #90
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by trifecta View Post
What I ended up doing was closing out the video for the race I wanted to bet, then clicking on Classic under Program on the left side of the webpage, and placing exotic wagers from there.

Once you have the video up and running, click on the blue Video button on the right side of the web page to close it out. Then click on Classic on the left. I hate it. It's maddening, but it's the only way I know how to get there.
Who would have thought that it would be that difficult to just make a bet.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: