Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 01-25-2022, 12:32 PM   #16
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Smoke View Post

if I was an NFL GM I would hire a 7 foot tall college hoopster who didn't make the NBA to block field goals, punts and extra points

yay or nay__________?

Somebody would just fire off the line and knock him on his ass. When was the last time even a physical freak that never played football did anything in the NFL? The only successes I do believe have been punters and place kickers whose job doesn't require contact. Correct me if I am wrong.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-25-2022, 04:49 PM   #17
Half Smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Somebody would just fire off the line and knock him on his ass. When was the last time even a physical freak that never played football did anything in the NFL? The only successes I do believe have been punters and place kickers whose job doesn't require contact. Correct me if I am wrong.

first - 7 foot basketball players are not freaks anymore - there are dozens of them out there now and most are highly agile

2nd - he would be standing behind his own line whose job would be to protect him

3rd - with just average jumping ability he would be able to get his hand easily 12 feet in the air - pretty imposing

4th - when was the last time___? who cares - why not try something new and different

Old 01-25-2022, 05:07 PM   #18
Cuffdaddy

This is similar to the idea of having having a gigantic fat guy as a goalie in hockey that takes up the entire space.
Cuffdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-26-2022, 02:10 PM   #19
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Smoke View Post
first - 7 foot basketball players are not freaks anymore - there are dozens of them out there now and most are highly agile

2nd - he would be standing behind his own line whose job would be to protect him

3rd - with just average jumping ability he would be able to get his hand easily 12 feet in the air - pretty imposing

4th - when was the last time___? who cares - why not try something new and different

I wasn't referring to a 7 foot guy as a physical freak. I am referring guys that
are strong and put up great combine type numbers but never played football and are 21 and up. Like the track star that runs like a deer, but only in a straight line, the tall heavy strong guy with no balance, etc,etc. I think the only ones have been turning a track star into a wide receiver, but those are very few. Most end up like Renaldo Nehemiah, fast in a straight line and hands of stone.
Old 01-26-2022, 02:13 PM   #20
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuffdaddy View Post
This is similar to the idea of having having a gigantic fat guy as a goalie in hockey that takes up the entire space.

A lot of funny comedians in here today. Would they allow him to lay across
the goal, instead of balancing on skates?