Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-26-2021, 03:57 PM   #1
46zilzal
velocitician

Good suggestion

A war time rationing system to help the climate crisis,

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...climate-crisis

Joanna Lumley has suggested that a system of rationing similar to that seen during wartime, under which people would have a limited number of points to spend on holidays or lavish consumer goods, could eventually help to tackle the climate crisis.

The Absolutely Fabulous actor, who has long campaigned against single-use plastic, said legislation could be the only way to curb the amount of waste produced by the public. “These are tough times, and I think there’s got to be legislation,” she told the Radio Times.

“That was how the war was – stuff was rationed – and at some stage I think we might have to go back to some kind of system of rationing, where you’re given a certain number of points and it’s up to you how to spend them, whether it’s buying a bottle of whisky or flying in an aeroplane.”

My parents had some old rationing stamp hidden in a drawer in the kitchen when I was in high school. I thought they were some variant of Green Stamps
Old 10-26-2021, 04:18 PM   #2
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post

Joanna Lumley has suggested that a system of rationing similar to that seen during wartime, under which people would have a limited number of points to spend on holidays or lavish consumer goods, could eventually help to tackle the climate crisis.

The Absolutely Fabulous actor, who has long campaigned against single-use plastic, said legislation could be the only way to curb the amount of waste produced by the public. “These are tough times, and I think there’s got to be legislation,” she told the Radio Times.

“That was how the war was – stuff was rationed – and at some stage I think we might have to go back to some kind of system of rationing, where you’re given a certain number of points and it’s up to you how to spend them, whether it’s buying a bottle of whisky or flying in an aeroplane.”

My parents had some old rationing stamp hidden in a drawer in the kitchen when I was in high school. I thought they were some variant of Green Stamps
Thanks for the suggestion Komrade
tucker6 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-26-2021, 04:22 PM   #3
Greyfox

That is not a good suggestion but that will be what is coming down the track when "Environmental Neo-Marxists" get in key Government positions.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-26-2021, 04:50 PM   #4
chrisl

That would be a disaster. War time sacrifices were easy to swallow. How did prohibition work. There would be under the table items. Anything you want for the right price. Government cannot plan a picnic. Or enforce one. It was called patriotic to sacrifice for the war. Americans stood up and worked hand in hand. Never work.
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-26-2021, 05:18 PM   #5
TJDave

Quote:

I think this is a great idea and should be enacted the day after I die.
Old 10-26-2021, 06:01 PM   #6
AndyC

Quote:

Great idea! It shouldn't be hard to get the Chi-coms and the rest of the world to participate in a program whereby we would all have to lower our standard of living in order to possibly produce results that may or may not solve a perceived problem. Where do I sign up?
Old 10-26-2021, 06:22 PM   #7
tbwinner

Hahahahahahahaha
It should start with the biggest polluters...OTHER COUNTRIES AND LARGE CORPS flouting the rules.

But yeah let's also do a PER MILE DRIVING TAX.

Remember no new taxes on people earning less than 400k? Well you won't be able to afford a car making that little anyway so the tax won't affect you.
tbwinner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-26-2021, 07:09 PM   #8
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Hey 46, google "pareto" and then your pea brain to figure out how that applies here.
Old 10-26-2021, 09:00 PM   #9
MargieRose

Quote:

There is NO climate crisis. Dry up!

Instead of going off on to a new topic, how about you circle back () and answer my question from the "Fauci needs to go to prison" thread?:

'Can you tell me what "purity" benefit there is to humans requiring experimenting with sand fleas [flies] eating dogs' faces until they die??'

"Experimenters locked beagles in cages alone in the desert for nine consecutive nights, using them as bait to attract infectious sand flies."

Answer it, doctor!!
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-26-2021, 09:32 PM   #10
davew

what can be done to help the sinking Maldive Islands from catastrophic climate disruption? Have countries send them money so they can do what Holland has done for the last 300 years

https://journal-neo.org/2021/06/11/t...done-about-it/
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-26-2021, 11:16 PM   #11
MargieRose

Antarctic Sea Ice ‘Rebound’ Surprises Scientists — MSM Silent

Quote:
Just two years ago, many mainstream media outlets declared that sea ice at the South Pole was melting at an “astonishing” rate.

As recently pointed out by notrickszone.com, German national daily Süddeutsche Zeitung reported in June 2019 that Antarctic sea ice had “shrunk 1.8 million square kilometers”, writing: “the massive disappearance of ice is astonishing”.

And while the reporting was technically factual, it has proven to be yet more [Anthropogenic Global Warming] AGW-driving obfuscation and cherry-picking rather than well-founded indications of a concerning climatic trend.

And now, in 2021, as the ice sharply rebounds, these same MSM outlets have fallen silent–which is speaking volumes…
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2021, 07:07 AM   #12
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

Ironically, creating artificial shortages for imaginary reasons will probably lead to wars that will not be good for the 'climate' at all.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2021, 10:35 AM   #13
xtb

The next "catastrophe" will be "Global Cooling" like in the 1970's. And there is no doubt it will be blamed on: Co2!
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2021, 11:12 AM   #14
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Man was unable to stop past ice ages...and they weren't the cause of them.

It's kinda funny.

SCIENCE can't even accurately inform us how long a VACCINE is going to be effective in 2020/2021.

But they can tell us EXACTLY why the earth is getting warmer and what we can do to STOP IT.

BELIEVE THE SCIENCE!

YEAH

FVCKING

RIGHT
Old 10-27-2021, 11:33 AM   #15
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Man was unable to stop past ice ages...and they weren't the cause of them.

It's kinda funny.

SCIENCE can't even accurately inform us how long a VACCINE is going to be effective in 2020/2021.

But they can tell us EXACTLY why the earth is getting warmer and what we can do to STOP IT.

BELIEVE THE SCIENCE!

YEAH

FVCKING

RIGHT
Global warming/Climate change/climate disruption was Plan A for global wealth redistribution. Covid is Plan B. And I'm not kidding. Never let a catastrophe go to waste.
tucker6 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply