Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 02-13-2022, 10:01 AM   #31
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
That is what the search bar is for, we can find it.
It?

More like “them” and on multiple forums.

Old 02-13-2022, 11:46 AM   #32
cato
Irrationally exuberant

Vic

The interview with Vic was great. He is a serious, excellent handicapper and tournament player + a heck of a race announcer. We need more of these!
(although a hint to the interviewer - let your interviewee talk! You constantly interrupted Vic - often with semi-goofy comments that Vic had to correct)

Timeform figs and CJ are great

Jeremy is a twit.

And that's it for Sunday.

Cheers, Cato
cato is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-13-2022, 05:48 PM   #33
TonyK@HSH

Quote:
Originally Posted by cato View Post
The interview with Vic was great. He is a serious, excellent handicapper and tournament player + a heck of a race announcer. We need more of these!
(although a hint to the interviewer - let your interviewee talk! You constantly interrupted Vic - often with semi-goofy comments that Vic had to correct)

Timeform figs and CJ are great

Jeremy is a twit.

And that's it for Sunday.

Cheers, Cato
Agree on all accounts especially the host. I was getting so frustrated with his constant interuptions. Overall thanks to Vic for making himself available to us!!
TonyK@HSH is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-13-2022, 08:49 PM   #34
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyK@HSH View Post
Agree on all accounts especially the host. I was getting so frustrated with his constant interuptions. Overall thanks to Vic for making himself available to us!!
My pleasure. Thanks for the kind words. I must admit it was a bit of a struggle.

All good.
Old 03-21-2022, 10:41 PM   #35
delfman

Good Job Vic!

I just listened to this interview. Nice call on the superbowl! hopefully you parlayed Bengals +4 with the under.
Insightful interview. I'm glad I listened to it. You have made me want to play in the BCBC this year.
I find it hilarious that anyone thinks high level 'cappers should offer insight into their handicapping process. Why should I give freely to the world what took me nearly 40 years to come up with? Besides the fact that once my knowledge of handicapping is known to everyone that cares, then I no longer have an edge over them. It took me awhile to learn what Vic did stress early in the show. Making the right bet is more important than picking the winning horses.(I don't really like $ anyways.)

I have spent most of my life picking the right horses and still coming out a loser. It is way more important to make the right bets than to pick the right horses.

I convinced myself it was OK to continue losing $ as long as I was doing good handicapping. I would continuously lose $ by betting tri's, and supers, and pick 3's. When I should have been betting to win. Then I would start to bet win only, while time and time again my exacta picks would come in.

One must specialize to be successful.
The only bets I make anymore are 25% win, 40% exactas, 25% doubles, 8% supers, 2% tri's. All of this is decided by the race at hand.
If the above formula doesn't work for a few months then I go to exactas and doubles only.
If I continue to show a loss after another few months then it will become win only, until I can get back in the red.

You guy's idea of "handicapping made for television" would be very hard to make reality. First off no top capper is going to give in depth insight into their handicapping process even if you pay them very well to be on your TV show. Other than that I love the idea. Horseplayers on the Esquire Network was very entertaining. It sure is time for something similar to be on cable TV.
delfman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2022, 12:36 PM   #36
delfman

I just listened to this interview. Nice call on the superbowl! hopefully you parlayed Bengals +4 with the under.
Insightful interview. I'm glad I listened to it. You have made me want to play in the BCBC this year.
I find it hilarious that anyone thinks high level 'cappers should offer insight into their handicapping process. Why should I give freely to the world what took me nearly 40 years to come up with? Besides the fact that once my knowledge of handicapping is known to everyone that cares, then I no longer have an edge over them. It took me awhile to learn what Vic did stress early in the show. Making the right bet is more important than picking the winning horses.(I don't really like $ anyways.)

I have spent most of my life picking the right horses and still coming out a loser. It is way more important to make the right bets than to pick the right horses.

I convinced myself it was OK to continue losing $ as long as I was doing good handicapping. I would continuously lose $ by betting tri's, and supers, and pick 3's. When I should have been betting to win. Then I would start to bet win only, while time and time again my exacta picks would come in.

The only bets I make anymore are 25% win, 40% exactas, 25% doubles, 8% supers, 2% tri's. All of this is decided by the race at hand.
If the above formula doesn't work for a few months then I go to exactas and doubles only.
If I continue to show a loss after another few months then it will become win only, until I can get back in the red.

You guy's idea of "handicapping made for television" would be very hard to make reality. First off no top capper is going to give in depth insight into their handicapping process even if you pay them very well to be on your TV show. Other than that I love the idea. Horseplayers on the Esquire Network was very entertaining. It sure is time for something similar to be on cable TV.
Old 03-23-2022, 01:41 PM   #37
delfman