Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 11-24-2018, 02:32 PM   #1
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

R5 Del Mar G3 Jimmy Durante 11/24/18

I'll be honest upfront. I have a very good friend that is a part owner in the Cedars of Lebanon, so this might not be the most un-biased race preview.

Italia: Only a single race to her credit, but it was a win. She also draws the services of Mike Smith on her back. An interesting entry amid an entire field of interesting entries.

Lakerball: She ran an absolute monster in her last out, and will likely be the post time favorite. Has won 3 of her last 4 including a couple of stakes races leading into this G3 event. Deserving favorite, that could be a nice price.

Elsa: Stretches out here along with a ship from from the East Coast. Always hammered at the windows, and her backers will get a very serious price in here. Solid work at the Fair Grounds on the 16th, so she could be ready for a peak effort.

Monette: Her American debut was pretty damn solid, but I fear she'll get way overbet in here. 6 for 7 in the Exacta, but I'm gonna have to let her beat me.

Cedars of Lebanon: 9 races already as a 2 year old, so we know she is a sound filly. O'Neill hasn't had the greatest start to the Del Mar meet, but has a couple in here. She looks to be very dangerous at a likely price of 10/1 or better.

Pivottina: Fired her into a G1 at Woodbine last out, and she was in the thick of it. DVD having another solid meet with an obvious gal that should be amongst the favorites. Hard to exclude from any ticket, especially exotics.

Thriving: Another Euro shipper that has shown some promise. She scares me, but I have to look elsewhere.

Creative Instinct: First race on turf, which is a bit interesting. Work on the green stuff is also intriguing. Dangerous entry that should be a massive price for one of the hottest trainers on the planet right now.

Kookie Gal: Solid debut, and the Show horse won her next out. Biggest problem is she was giving up ground late and had to hang on. An obviously tougher group here.

Posh Holly: Hard to find a way or reason to wager this one other than she may be 40/1 or better. Anything less, you aren't getting the proper odds.

Courteous: She kind of put all the things together last out at 23/1. Maybe turf is her thing? Yet another dangerous entry at what should be a huge price.

Velvet Queen: Hard to argue much with her first out victory. Gate to wire in impressive fashion down the hill at Santa. That isn't easy to do. Near bullet works 3 times since then. Could be a serious horse here.

Discreet Diva: Had to drop to the Maiden Claiming ranks to get her first win, and they roll her here in her next? Can't see it.

SUMMARY: Gonna take the Cedars of Lebanon, not only for bias and interest, but legitimately feel she'll be the right price with a legit shot. Gonna take a stand against the , and try to fill in the and for some solid return.

WP
EX Box:
Tri: //

Last edited by Lemon Drop Husker; 11-24-2018 at 02:34 PM.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-24-2018, 05:03 PM   #2
olddaddy

Ill take another first time euro along with the . I just dont like playing 1st time euros that were running in a claiming race in europe. Mullins won with a first time euro yesterday.

Last edited by olddaddy; 11-24-2018 at 05:04 PM.
olddaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply