Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 09-26-2018, 08:25 AM   #1
Gorrex

AmWager Next update

Was hoping to get a little feedback prior to actually putting this live.

Our next update will have several enhancements, most of the visible ones around odds.

Odds Sparklines - Each runner will have its own minature chart of the win odds. Since its a standalone chart for that runner it is a bit exaggerated but makes it VERY easy to spot trends.

Runner Highlighting on price shifts - Whenever a price shift of over 5% happens we will highlight the runners in Green or Red. Green the price(odds) are going down, red they are going up.

Win Table - You will be able to view the last 5 odds cycles and get a quick indicator of direction of odds from one cycle to the next.

We have also cleaned up the Win Chart.

We have added Race ALL for greyhound bets (easy to add for others if warranted)

Jason Martin
IT Director
AmWest Entertainment - AmWager
Gorrex is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-26-2018, 09:15 AM   #2
pandy

Looks good!
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2018, 06:34 PM   #3
12/ALL/ALL

Certainly does look cleaner.
12/ALL/ALL is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-28-2018, 08:56 AM   #4
Helles

The odds trend line is interesting to see.
Helles is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-03-2018, 07:43 AM   #5
Gorrex

Update is live, hope everyone likes it. Please let me know either way..

The one part that probably needs a bit of explanation is the runner highlighting indicates large changes in odds/price for Win. Specifically over 5%. Green means the odds/price went lower and red is higher.

Combined with up to the second updates after tote cycles it makes it easy to spot oddities and trends.

Jason Martin
IT Director
Old 10-03-2018, 07:56 AM   #6
JerryBoyle
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorrex View Post
Update is live, hope everyone likes it. Please let me know either way..

The one part that probably needs a bit of explanation is the runner highlighting indicates large changes in odds/price for Win. Specifically over 5%. Green means the odds/price went lower and red is higher.

Combined with up to the second updates after tote cycles it makes it easy to spot oddities and trends.
Checking it out now. What is the time range for the small odds graph next to each runner, and how are they scaled on the y axis e.g. are they all on the same scale. Asking because of this example pics attached. This is Mysore Race 7. The odds line for the 12 horse clearly show an upward trend. However, the win table shows little movement over the available times.

Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2018-10-03 at 7.53.39 AM.png (12.8 KB, 12 views)
File Type: png Screen Shot 2018-10-03 at 7.53.30 AM.png (13.9 KB, 10 views)
JerryBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-03-2018, 10:22 AM   #7
Gorrex

The sparklines (individual runner charts) is the full odds data from 60MTP to current. They are scaled entirely to that runners data so the up/down becomes exaggerated. A movement from 2-1 to 3-1 could look huge if that runner has been otherwise flat. It's useful for seeing trends on that runner, not for comparing to others.

The full Win Chart is also the full odds data from 60MTP to current but is scaled to the data for all runners. This makes it a comparitive view and the lines will be much smoother compared to sparklines. This allows you to compare the odds progression of each runner to the others.

The Win Table is the last 5 cycles of actual decimal odds data. At some point we can expand to allow scrolling and show all cycles but wanted to add that later.

Also.. you should refresh to get the latest patch. It better sizes the sparklines for smaller resolution screens.

Jason Martin
IT Director

Last edited by Gorrex; 10-03-2018 at 10:23 AM.
Old 11-13-2018, 08:12 AM   #8
Gorrex

It will be a while before this update goes live, (December) but there are enough changes in it I'd like to get any possible feedback leading in.

First:
Rank Modifier -> This will allow you to choose runners in a set order and the system will calculate the optimal combinations for your ticket based on your ordering up to your set budget amount. This ranking is done once per race no matter how many legs.

Second:
Rank Pro Modifier -> This allows users to set a percentage chance for each runner to finish in each given leg. (Both a Pick 3 and Trifecta will show 3 legs) Each leg can add UP TO 100% but not higher. Runners without percentages in a given leg are left out of combinations entirely. To the best of my knowledge this emulates the systems many if not all Computer Wagers are using.

Third:
Simplified Conditional System -> Users will be able to input 1 MTP condition and up to 2 Odds conditions. Odds conditions can be based on ANY pool we have data for no matter which pool is being wagered. This will allow for a user to place a conditional with a range of odds. (I.E. >= 2 and < = 20) This does not modify the system itself and all of the enhanced features of our conditional system such as continual verification vs one time checking others do will remain.

Fourth:
TRU Odds -> We will begin showing an aggregated odds calculation using all available pool data with each pool being weighted. This may help highlight overlays and underlays for some players.

We may also have one or two more additions to the update but its to early to promise it..

Please let me know how all of that sounds, as we get closer I'll post screen shots etc for everyone to comment on. I also want to thank everyone for the feedback on my last post, the feedback on our surveys and to say that we really are listening and ALL of the above has came directly from player feedback and suggestions.

Jason Martin
IT Director
Old 11-20-2018, 04:32 PM   #9
biggestal99

I would like to see handle on each horse ala betfair for each betting period

They do a wonderful job.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2018, 05:24 PM   #10
michiken

I could not stare at that screen for more than 10 minutes because that oversaturated/chronic blue background is a little to harsh on these old eyes.

I have the same complaint with all of these tracks that insist on having moving backgrounds on their toteboards i.e. Hoosier Park having ligntning bolts constantly flashing.

I just get my attention span is longer than an average Millenial!

Last edited by michiken; 11-20-2018 at 05:26 PM.
michiken is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-02-2018, 06:54 PM   #11
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiken View Post
I could not stare at that screen for more than 10 minutes because that oversaturated/chronic blue background is a little to harsh on these old eyes.

I have the same complaint with all of these tracks that insist on having moving backgrounds on their toteboards i.e. Hoosier Park having ligntning bolts constantly flashing.

I just get my attention span is longer than an average Millenial!
Try going to "My Account", "Wagering Preferences", then choose a theme.
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-05-2018, 01:03 PM   #12
Gorrex

Yes, if you do not like the blue theme there are 3 other color themes to choose from including "classic" that emulates the prior platform.

We wanted to get the update live this week, but still doing final changes and tests.

A few other things I left out of the list above...

AmWager will install itself as a native app on most devices starting with this update.
The new bet modifiers AND conditional system will be fully functional on mobile. (Rank Pro has issues on some tablets due to the keyboard popup but we are working on that, works great on most phones though..)

Jason Martin
IT Director

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: