Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 12-11-2018, 01:10 PM   #16
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Why is it that the same people who are in favor of preserving the lives of these unborn, unwanted fetuses...are also against the government programs which are meant to support these same lives after birth?
Because the creation of any human life as an abstract concept of a Divine Will and Machination is held to be Sacred and ought-to-be, inviolable....but “the fetuses” seem to lose that Sacredness over-time as they evolve into “just-another-hungry-mouth-to-feed”...idling away in some vast-publicly-sponsored-dormitory/ hell-hole of the unredeemed, ruled over by none other than, Satan himself....that’s why...
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-11-2018, 01:15 PM   #17
zico20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
Funding abortions SAVES money otherwise spent on entitlements, remedial education, incarcerations, etc. It is the prudent thing to do.
Kicking uneducated, unskilled, no talent, non English speaking illegals out of the country and not letting them in in the first place saves money otherwise spent on entitlements, remedial education, incarcerations, etc. It is the prudent thing to do.
Old 12-11-2018, 01:20 PM   #18
zico20

Quote:
Aborting a fetus is not murder.

But if you think so and it makes you uncomfortable then ...good!
So I am assuming you have no problem with taking the eggs of an extremely endangered species on the verge of extinction and frying them up into an omelet. If the fetus is defenseless and is okay to remove, then so is the egg, correct?
Old 12-11-2018, 01:23 PM   #19
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20 View Post
Kicking uneducated, unskilled, no talent, non English speaking illegals out of the country and not letting them in in the first place saves money otherwise spent on entitlements, remedial education, incarcerations, etc. It is the prudent thing to do.
I agree with you! In fact...I am in favor of expanding this to include kicking out all the uneducated, unskilled, no talent NATIVES...in order to save even MORE money.
Old 12-11-2018, 01:25 PM   #20
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20 View Post
So I am assuming you have no problem with taking the eggs of an extremely endangered species on the verge of extinction and frying them up into an omelet. If the fetus is defenseless and is okay to remove, then so is the egg, correct?
I didn't know that the human species was "endangered and on the verge of extinction". In fact...I thought that the problem was quite the opposite.

Last edited by thaskalos; 12-11-2018 at 01:27 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-11-2018, 01:42 PM   #21
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
I didn't know that the human species was "endangered and on the verge of extinction". In fact...I thought that the problem was quite the opposite.
Global warming, oops I mean climate change.

Isn't the extinction of the human species at the core of the scientific communities consensus warning about global warming, oops climate change is not heeded?
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-11-2018, 01:46 PM   #22
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire View Post
Global warming, oops I mean climate change.

Isn't the extinction of the human species at the core of the scientific communities consensus warning about global warming, oops climate change is not heeded?
Overpopulation is a much greater risk...IMO.
Old 12-11-2018, 02:07 PM   #23
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Our kind is endangered and on the verge of extinction at any time...not from over-population per se, but from other, largely made-man potentialities, War, pollution, ozone depletion, etc..

...the problem is not so much with over-population as it is with population density problems within Metropoles and the ineffectiveness of social-support support structures within those Metropoles and delivery methods and structures to support populations living AWAY from the regional Metropoles...

Terminating one’s own pregnancy is a Moral issue of Pregnancy Control primarily, that has been viewed as an economic issue with an medical solution, AS IF for treating an economic problem, related to poverty, scarcity, career direction, etc...

Once the idea and ideal of the sanctity of all human life has been mitigated by the idea that, well, maybe NOT-ALL-HUMAN-LIFE is sacred or has value....that really opens up the debate...the fine line between when a fetus has rights demonstrates the arbitrariness and hypocrisy of such ‘legal’ valuations of developing human life...
Old 12-11-2018, 02:07 PM   #24
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Clearly, fear of overpopulation is widespread.

But the truth is that overpopulation in the United States is not even close to a serious problem. Even globally, overpopulation is an overstated problem.

.......It’s simplest to start with just the United States. How many people can the country support? Because I am an agricultural economist by profession, my bias is to first think about food. One simple question is how many people can the United States feed? Well, our net agricultural exports account for about 25 percent of the physical volume of agricultural production, which suggests that if we redirected those exports internally, the US could probably support approximately 25 percent more people. That’s assuming current technology and current diets and current land use..........

In short, we could feed more than 400 million people, total, merely by consuming locally what we now export.

If you assume that a growing population induces more land to be shifted to food production (because farming becomes more profitable), that food imports can rise, and that agricultural innovation continues apace, it becomes clear that our land can physically support even more people than that — I estimate as much as double our current population. And given that agricultural yields are far lower in the developing world today than in the United States, thanks to the much lower level of technological advancement and managerial expertise in those countries, the truth is that the rest of the world has plenty of potential for increased food production: more than enough to feed itself and provide imports for a more populous United States. Merely tweaking foreign land use rules could unlock large gains in agricultural production.........

https://www.vox.com/the-big-idea/201...rld-population
Old 12-11-2018, 02:10 PM   #25
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44 View Post
Judge Brett Kegvanaugh already disappointing his followers.
So now you're in favor of special K? Hi - lair - eee - us
Old 12-11-2018, 02:10 PM   #26
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey View Post
Our kind is endangered and on the verge of extinction at any time...not from over-population per se, but from other, largely made-man potentialities, War, pollution, ozone depletion, etc..

...the problem is not so much with over-population as it is with population density problems within Metropoles and the ineffectiveness of social-support support structures within those Metropoles and delivery methods and structures to support populations living AWAY from the regional Metropoles...

Terminating one’s own pregnancy is a Moral issue of Pregnancy Control primarily, that has been viewed as an economic issue with an medical solution, AS IF for treating an economic problem, related to poverty, scarcity, career direction, etc...

Once the idea and ideal of the sanctity of all human life has been mitigated by the idea that, well, maybe NOT-ALL-HUMAN-LIFE is sacred or has value....that really opens up the debate...the fine line between when a fetus has rights demonstrates the arbitrariness and hypocrisy of such ‘legal’ valuations of developing human life...
Slavery and oppression, based on the idea that all human life is not sacred? If life is an accident, an accident has no inherent sacredness, it is just a thing that happened.
Old 12-11-2018, 02:11 PM   #27
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Funding abortions SAVES money otherwise spent on entitlements, remedial education, incarcerations, etc. It is the prudent thing to do.
This is the part Mein Kampf left on the cutting room floor due to size constraints.
Old 12-11-2018, 02:13 PM   #28
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
And why is a Justice citing a debunked right-wing conspiracy theory in his opinion?
Debunked...

Yes, I'm sure it was...thoroughly....Hillary/Obama-style no less....
Old 12-11-2018, 02:18 PM   #29
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
This is the part Mein Kampf left on the cutting room floor due to size constraints.
Not left out of Sanger's racist manifesto, though.
Old 12-11-2018, 02:27 PM   #30
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire View Post
Slavery and oppression, based on the idea that all human life is not sacred? If life is an accident, an accident has no inherent sacredness, it is just a thing that happened.
How do we know what is sacred and what is not...?

In India, the cow is sacred, here in the US and elsewhere, we EAT THEM...!

Could sacredness be a matter of personal preference...?