Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets

Old 03-05-2024, 11:27 AM   #1
Teach

"Is This Gold's Time?"

"You can rock it, you can roll it, you can even start to stroll it…” Call it what you will, I believe this is “gold’s time.”

I liken the current rise in gold as a "warning sign" as to the efficacy of fiat currency. Do I dare used the word “capitulation," at least as being on the precipice of such?

Analogously, I liken it to a dam. Yes, over the years, when it comes to keeping gold in its place, everything has been used. Do I dare suggest Central Bank “collusion.” "Blaspheme!" I doubt it.

Moreover, I liken "the dam,” at least one that’s holding back gold, to have been under the heading of “by any means necessary.” But wait, how long can you keep the dam from collapsing. There are, most decidedly, cracks. Do I dare say "significant leaks." There is the risk that the dam could collapse, and then, if that were to occur, what would then prevent the pent-up demand for gold. It's Gresham’s Law, “Dear money is hoarded, while cheap money abounds.”

As I continue, we’re seeing signs of it. Many governments around the world are "over their heads." Unfortunately, as matters stand, inflation is taking away "purchasing power." This coming from someone who remembers nickel, and later dime, ice cream cones, and 25-cents-a-gallon gas.

On this topic, there are countries, such as Egypt, where their residents are buying gold in droves. The inflation bubble in that country is about to burst. No, it's not the Aswan Dam on the Nile, but the average Egyptian. And that's just one country, among many, that are facing the ravages of inflation. "Rich country, poor country" is becoming more and more evident, and even the rich countries...

Some are saying that gold's rise is attributable to expected Fed rate cuts. I say that "the genie is already out of the bottle." What do you think, a March 25 basis-point rate-cut is going to turn inflation around. I personally believe this whole thing will take years to play our. It took us close to a decade to "extricate" the U.S, out of the "Great Depression." Anyone, in my opinion, who thinks it's an "overnight-task" to tame inflation believes the moon is made of "green cheese.”

In concluding, I, personally, would be a buyer of gold. Paper money is just that, paper. Fiat currencies are vulnerable, especially when it comes to inflation. I remember decades ago if you were a millionaire, that was something. A rarity. Today, especially if you own your own house, you too could be a millionaire. It's all about what the money can buy. It's all relative.

Finally, I would be a buyer of gold. That decision is totally up to you. As I've stated over and over again, everyone is a “free agent.”

I’m 81-years old, "this ain't my first rodeo.” I see signs that tell me that this appears to be “gold’s time.” I have no vested interest. I shill for no one.

Yes, "Danny and Juniors" sang, “At The Hop.” Well, I see this as "gold’s time," metaphorically-speaking, “At the hop." Yet, in a note of caution, I would aver that gold is something that you have to watch carefully, i.e., “keep your finger on the pulse.” I’ve witnessed some wild swings. Yet if you catch it ("I think you still can”), this may just be the start of a period of substantial gains.

By way of disclosure, I own one major gold-mining stocks, one “junior” gold-miner, and two “junior” silver-mining stocks.”

Moreover, I personally look at my precious metals' stocks as “insurance.” On that note, I believe I'm in line for some "premiums." Frankly, I use my precious metals' holdings as a "hedge" against inflation. Yet, who knows where this rally will lead. If it ever were to become a row of dominoes...

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply