Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-26-2020, 06:35 PM   #196
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Have you ever owned a business in your life or have only been employed by others?
yes, had to layoff 12 a week or so ago.

Lockdown has been a horrendous decision for the working american.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-26-2020, 06:40 PM   #197
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
sorry

I own part of a business, we are struggling mightily, as I have relayed on a few threads.
No apology necessary. It made me laugh.

Sorry to hear about the struggles with the business.

Last edited by AndyC; 04-26-2020 at 06:43 PM.
AndyC is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-26-2020, 07:14 PM   #198
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
yes, had to layoff 12 a week or so ago.

Lockdown has been a horrendous decision for the working american.
"America only works when Americans are working" -- someone said this, but I dont' recall who. But truer words were never spoken.

I hope you and your employees pull through this? The lockdown stunk to the high heavens from its very inception, since it was unprecedented in world history, to the best of my knowledge -- but if not, certainly U.S. history. That's enough right there to raise my eyebrows.
Old 04-26-2020, 07:33 PM   #199
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Excuse you?

It was a rather short, very easy to understand reply. lol

You see a kid, keep your distance. That's all...very simple.

I mean, if you think they're dangerous, just stay away. It's not all that difficult.
Gee, that is how I live normally - AVOID KIDS!!!

Never raise you hand to a child.
It leaves your groin open.
Old 04-26-2020, 07:34 PM   #200
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
I take it that you don't trust people to do the right thing and, therefore, advocate for strict government mandates?
Well, Cuomo's brother is out there infecting people willingly, so there's that that....
Old 04-26-2020, 07:37 PM   #201
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
There is reason to be fearful......

Why daily death tolls have become unusually important in understanding the coronavirus pandemic
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-01008-1

COVID-19 is different from the viral epidemics of the recent past in a few ways: it is more widespread than severe acute respiratory syndrome, more infectious than seasonal influenza and has killed more people than Ebola.

And it is different in the way that epidemiologists are tracking its progress. Instead of relying principally on the number of infections, or the ratio of deaths to infections — known as the case fatality rate — researchers are looking at the daily deaths attributed to COVID-19 to monitor the impact of the disease and to guide responses.

In part, that’s due to a lack of testing in many countries — and the virus’s ability to spread in people who don’t show symptoms — both of which make counting the number of infections very difficult. COVID-19 has also been more fatal than many recent epidemics, which makes its death toll relevant to understanding the pandemic more broadly.
Grapsh is not reality.
What is DPM for each country.
Of COURSE US will have more deaths, we have FAR more people.
Old 04-26-2020, 07:40 PM   #202
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
No, I don't trust some people because I do not agree with their policies, actions and philosophy. .

You, governors Kemp, Desantis and Trump to name a few
Well now, that doesn't have anything to do with the thread topic, now does it?
Old 04-26-2020, 07:44 PM   #203
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
You’ve obviously not had a dining experience ruined by unruly children. Or kids running underfoot in the aisles of a grocery or department store. It’s been happening more frequently and poor parenting is to blame.

Now you’re telling me that because of being ‘at risk’ means I’m the responsible party?
I love kids, and seniors much more senior than me. It's the people like you and I that I have no time or patience for.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-26-2020, 09:45 PM   #204
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
I love kids, and seniors much more senior than me. It's the people like you and I that I have no time or patience for.
Well mannered kids are awesome...we give them free popcicles (with parents permission of course).....unruly kids and lazy parents...get NOTHING....
Old 04-27-2020, 05:00 AM   #205
hcap

Quote:
Well Kemp's philosophy is certainly, at bare minimum trusting, of people to make good, responsible decisions -- just like Sweden is trusting their citizenry.
You're obviously talking out of both sides of your mouth...again. No surprises here.

There's no reason on this planet why individuals should not decide for themselves whether they want to put themselves at risk or not.
You usual incoherent BS. Absolute trash.
Old 04-27-2020, 10:44 AM   #206
boxcar

Quote:
You usual incoherent BS. Absolute trash.
You're the only incoherent one spouting trash around here. You can't refute anything I just said in my last post. The fact is: You do not trust Americans to make their own personal choices about risk-taking.
Old 04-27-2020, 12:07 PM   #207
hcap

Quote:
Well Kemp's philosophy is certainly, at bare minimum trusting, of people to make good, responsible decisions -- just like Sweden is trusting their citizenry.
You're obviously talking out of both sides of your mouth...again. No surprises here.

There's no reason on this planet why individuals should not decide for themselves whether they want to put themselves at risk or not.
You are wrong.

I posted this on the other thread...

"Asymptomatic carriers are common. The reason the call it... Community Health Science (CHS) is a field of public health that is concerned with protecting and improving the health of communities through education, promotion of healthy lifestyles, and research for disease control and prevention.

I realize the fringe right wing pandemic deniers, the "economy at any cost" promoters , do not understand the word "community" or "common", let me sum it up. What we do without realizing how our actions may affect our neighbors may infringe ion out neighbors right TO LIVE, and RIGHT to live a healthy life

The only way to to understand the odds of doing so, is by consulting experts in the field, not crackpots. We all must make a value judgement. And strive to produce the least harm to both the right to live, and the right to own. It is a false dichotomy assuming it is either one orb the other.

Most experts are urging caution, extensive testing, contact tracing and continuing number crunching on re-opening."
Old 04-27-2020, 12:23 PM   #208
boxcar

Quote:
You are wrong.

I posted this on the other thread...

"Asymptomatic carriers are common. The reason the call it... Community Health Science (CHS) is a field of public health that is concerned with protecting and improving the health of communities through education, promotion of healthy lifestyles, and research for disease control and prevention.

I realize the fringe right wing pandemic deniers, the "economy at any cost" promoters , do not understand the word "community" or "common", let me sum it up. What we do without realizing how our actions may affect our neighbors may infringe ion out neighbors right TO LIVE, and RIGHT to live a healthy life

The only way to to understand the odds of doing so, is by consulting experts in the field, not crackpots. We all must make a value judgement. And strive to produce the least harm to both the right to live, and the right to own. It is a false dichotomy assuming it is either one orb the other.

Most experts are urging caution, extensive testing, contact tracing and continuing number crunching on re-opening."
No, I'm right. Informed people know all about "asymptomatic carriers", and if they're willing to expose themselves to that kind of risk, what in the world is that to you!? Would anyone be forcing you to assume any unwanted risks!? If you want to exercise your right to live, what would you stop from sticking your head up the safe space of your dark nether regions that never see the light of day and is never exposed to airborne viruses for as long as your little black heart desires?

P.S. And just think about the huge upside to your safe space You wouldn't even have to mask up!
Old 04-27-2020, 02:37 PM   #209
hcap

Quote:
No, I'm right. Informed people know all about "asymptomatic carriers", and if they're willing to expose themselves to that kind of risk, what in the world is that to you!? Would anyone be forcing you to assume any unwanted risks!? If you want to exercise your right to live, what would you stop from sticking your head up the safe space of your dark nether regions that never see the light of day and is never exposed to airborne viruses for as long as your little black heart desires?

P.S. And just think about the huge upside to your safe space You wouldn't even have to mask up!
You do not know all about asymptomatic carriers, nor do you realize how super fast covbid-19 spread, and how those carriers accelerate it through the world community.
Fatalities have only been going on since Feb29th. Do you recall any previous flu hospitalizing, and killing so many so quickly??
Right now...

Coronavirus Cases:
Deaths:

Last edited by hcap; 04-27-2020 at 02:40 PM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-27-2020, 03:29 PM   #210
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
You do not know all about asymptomatic carriers, nor do you realize how super fast covbid-19 spread, and how those carriers accelerate it through the world community.
Fatalities have only been going on since Feb29th. Do you recall any previous flu hospitalizing, and killing so many so quickly??
Right now...

Coronavirus Cases:
Deaths:

You bring up the flu?

The flu is STILL laughing at COVID-19.

Four months into this (which is the equivalent of about 80% of the flu season in length), COVID-19 has killed (according to official stats) 209,661 people worldwide.

This is, of course, not insignificant and it is indeed a horrible and tragic outcome for the people who suffered this disease and their families.

However, taking emotion out of the equation, the FLU kills 600,000+ worldwide in a bad year. That's a FACT.

So this whole "killing so many so quickly" doesn't stand up to the current statistics.

It's been FOUR MONTHS. AT LEAST. WORLDWIDE.