Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 07-29-2020, 04:46 PM   #1
SG4

Voided claim well after the fact

Anyone with insight as to what happened here - Spirit Animal won at Belmont on 6/14 & was claimed for 50k. He was entered back for new connections on 7/4 at Belmont but was scratched that day. Now he's entered again for Saturday at Saratoga, but under his connections from the 6/14 race & the chart from that day now says claim was voided for an administrative reason. Wondering what could have possibly triggered the claim being voided several weeks after the fact?
SG4 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2020, 05:31 PM   #2
Robert Fischer
clean money

curious, as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG4 View Post
Anyone with insight as to what happened here - Spirit Animal won at Belmont on 6/14 & was claimed for 50k. He was entered back for new connections on 7/4 at Belmont but was scratched that day. Now he's entered again for Saturday at Saratoga, but under his connections from the 6/14 race & the chart from that day now says claim was voided for an administrative reason. Wondering what could have possibly triggered the claim being voided several weeks after the fact?

good question.

I also don't know the Bebe Banker (today, r8) story. (similar 'admin' voided-claim)

I was under the impression that voided claims were generally for lameness or bleeding.

If that were the case, I would expect to see either a health condition or a 'veterinary' designation, as opposed to an administrative designation.
Old 07-29-2020, 06:09 PM   #3
Prytanis

Maybe they didn't pay the Aftercare fee?
Old 07-29-2020, 06:38 PM   #4
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post
good question.

I also don't know the Bebe Banker (today, r8) story. (similar 'admin' voided-claim)

I was under the impression that voided claims were generally for lameness or bleeding.

If that were the case, I would expect to see either a health condition or a 'veterinary' designation, as opposed to an administrative designation.
Administrative reasons why a claim could be voided could be a mistake on the claim slip. Misspelling, incorrect date.

Sometimes an "open claim" license will be issued and then there's a problem with that. Could be another reason.
Old 07-29-2020, 09:14 PM   #5
green80

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer View Post
Administrative reasons why a claim could be voided could be a mistake on the claim slip. Misspelling, incorrect date.

Sometimes an "open claim" license will be issued and then there's a problem with that. Could be another reason.

I have seen a misspelling voided at the time of the claim, never weeks later.
green80 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-30-2020, 02:40 AM   #6
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by green80 View Post
I have seen a misspelling voided at the time of the claim, never weeks later.
Is there a chance the void happened on the claim date and wasn't disseminated until much later?
Old 07-30-2020, 08:12 AM   #7
green80

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer View Post
Is there a chance the void happened on the claim date and wasn't disseminated until much later?

He was entered, then scratched, under the new connections.
green80 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-02-2020, 12:10 AM   #8
SG4

Story's on twitter about what happened here, some drama involved, here's the readers digest version from what I gathered: According to one of the owners who made the claim, they privately sold a % of the horse a week after the claim & Chad Brown eventually found this out & let the stewards know, which led to a voiding of the claim because you can't privately sell a claimed horse within 30 days of the claim.

This is all just snippets from the tweets & replies, don't shoot the messenger.
SG4 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: