Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software > HandiFast Handicapping Software

Old 04-19-2010, 03:19 PM   #61
Handiman
BarelyWinning

I will look into this asap.

Thanks
Handi
Handiman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-21-2010, 07:21 PM   #62
Floyd

Limited # of horses?

Hey, guys. After paying my rent today at Tampa Bay, (Oh, and did anybody else bet on the top F.A.S.T. number on the default setting in the ninth today? Sweet!) I figured I'd run The Kenducky Terby, since I'll be seeing my father-in-law this weekend and he's sure to ask. ( I've got a long-standing vow never to bet that behemoth) Anyway, the 22 horses crashed HandiFast 7. What's the limit? 20? 21?
Old 04-22-2010, 02:39 AM   #63
Handiman
BarelyWinning

I'm pretty sure it's 20. I will look tomorrow and see if I can easily expand it to cover derby day.

Handi
Old 04-23-2010, 04:51 PM   #64
SoCaGambler

Hello Handi,

I am having the same problem as Big Hit when i try and access the batching part of Handifast7. All seems to work ok until i click the batch processor.
I have downloaded the results from Brisnet and placed the file in C:\horse\results. When i click the batch processor i am receiving the same error messages that Big Hit noted. I am confused as xrd files that you noted could you explain what they are and where to get them. Maybe i am not downloading the correct files from Brisnet.

Thanks for your time,
Chuck
SoCaGambler is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2010, 05:36 PM   #65
kroow

handi.
i have the same problem as BigHit&SoCaGambler
program works great until i try to use the batch processor.
same error messages,and yes everything is in the proper folder, including
the xrd files.
that aside, its a terrific program, i thank you and everyone, involved for all your
work in developing it.

kroow
kroow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2010, 06:12 PM   #66
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaGambler
Hello Handi,

I am having the same problem as Big Hit when i try and access the batching part of Handifast7. All seems to work ok until i click the batch processor.
I have downloaded the results from Brisnet and placed the file in C:\horse\results. When i click the batch processor i am receiving the same error messages that Big Hit noted. I am confused as xrd files that you noted could you explain what they are and where to get them. Maybe i am not downloading the correct files from Brisnet.

Thanks for your time,
Chuck
".xrd" is the file type suffix for the "Exotic Results Files". From the home page, click "Results and Charts" then scroll down to "Result Data Files", then click "Exotic Results Files".

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2010, 06:47 PM   #67
SoCaGambler

Thanks Raybo, that's what i am doing wrong. Have a great weekend.
SoCaGambler is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-25-2010, 09:11 AM   #68
BIG HIT

Wink Hey guys

Sorry to repeat problem again MT-7 all works where it show batch and database and mt-7 the batch and mt-7 are in dark print.Meaning thier alive but database is grey out why.? Also did as raybo said makeing horse folder and sub folder on desktop.Then drag sub folder into horse folder and then drag that into c drive. still problem.
Even though have file and xrd in correct folders.Did not download these files drag them to correct folders that should not make a difference should it.?
BIG HIT is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-25-2010, 05:31 PM   #69
Handiman
BarelyWinning

I need to know what the error message says when the program crashes.

As for the files. As long as the files are unzipped and then put in the folders, it shouldn't matter how they get in there.

The database bar is greyed out because the database module is not done.

Important that you tell me what the error message says when the program crashes.

Thanks
Handi
Old 04-26-2010, 07:40 AM   #70
BIG HIT

Wink Handi

When open prgm batch and MT-7 are live dark print Database greyed out.When push batch screen pop up asking file date put it in push button and nothing if push agian get. msghandles closed liberty basic.Please add appropriate close commands.Push agian runtime error handi# horse bet already open.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:35 PM   #71
Handiman
BarelyWinning

Ok what is happening when you enter the date, which I assume you are entering in the 4 digits ie; 0426 which would be today for instance, the program starts working internally and it looks like nothing is happening. But you must give it a little while to run.

It will process the files and then ask you if you want to save the first file. Then it will process the next and ask you again. And so on depending on how many files you have in the folder for the entered date.

When you click the 2nd time you interupt the program flow and it will crash. So try it and give the program at least 2 minutes to hunt down the matching dates and start processing. I thought the cursor was changing while the program processed files...but maybe I forgot to do that. I'll have to look.

Anyway try that and let me know what happens.

Handi
Old 04-27-2010, 09:52 AM   #72
BIG HIT

Handi

Ok here what happened hit batch entered file ie;0807 hit close the batch button show's cycleing blue to white which i take was working.Didn't notice that before still searching as we speak been 30+ min will it go forever or tell you can't find it.
Also should tell you since are last msg some how lost orignal database that was in c;\ but horse data you had me or raybo suggested is in c;\ as instructed so batch should work any how right as long as data is in horse folder and it is.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:01 PM   #73
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG HIT
Ok here what happened hit batch entered file ie;0807 hit close the batch button show's cycleing blue to white which i take was working.Didn't notice that before still searching as we speak been 30+ min will it go forever or tell you can't find it.
Also should tell you since are last msg some how lost orignal database that was in c;\ but horse data you had me or raybo suggested is in c;\ as instructed so batch should work any how right as long as data is in horse folder and it is.
C:\ not C;\

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-27-2010, 09:16 PM   #74
Handiman
BarelyWinning

Big,

It should only be a couple of minutes. It sounds as if you have entered into an endless loop.

Let me see what I can find. I get back here in just a little bit.

Handi
Old 04-27-2010, 10:02 PM   #75
Handiman
BarelyWinning

I just ran the program and did not have any problems. One thing is a must...and that is for every race card you have you have to have a matching exotic results file in the results folder.

I hope to have ver 7.1 ready for tomorrow....the change is just to make it handle number of horses that run in the Kentucky Derby.

I don't know what the problem could be with the batch processor. If the problem continues with this new release let me know and we will look into it farther.

Handi