Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-15-2020, 03:34 AM   #1
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Tucker Carlson is the GOAT

Old 05-15-2020, 09:55 AM   #2
davew

racist and dangerous to the public health to show this

youtube will probably delete this as propaganda
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2020, 07:32 PM   #3
highernote

I canceled my cable TV and rarely get to see this shows. They're not news shows. They're opinion shows. But what cracks me up is they constantly promote each other's shows by telling the viewer how bad the opponent is. Their job is to pander to their audience while making sure they give free publicity to the opposite opinion. You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours.
highernote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2020, 07:52 PM   #4
thaskalos

Blatant sarcasm is for twitter...not for the national newscasts. But...what can we expect when "entertainment" masquerades as 'News'. David Brinkley and Walter Cronkite must be rolling in their graves.
Old 05-15-2020, 08:26 PM   #5
Poindexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Blatant sarcasm is for twitter...not for the national newscasts. But...what can we expect when "entertainment" masquerades as 'News'. David Brinkley and Walter Cronkite must be rolling in their graves.
Why? Everybody has to have the same style? His sarcasm is great and drives the point across. I like it.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2020, 08:39 PM   #6
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
Absolutely
Old 05-15-2020, 08:45 PM   #7
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poindexter View Post
Why? Everybody has to have the same style? His sarcasm is great and drives the point across. I like it.
I wasn't talking just about him...I was talking about "News" in general. These aren't "newscasters"...these are would-be comedians. How dumb must we be if we need Tucker Carlson or Anderson Cooper to "decipher" the news for us. These are deadly-serious times...and these guys can't even maintain a serious tone of voice when they address the public. Carlson sounds as if he is joking with his buddies in that clip.

Last edited by thaskalos; 05-15-2020 at 08:46 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2020, 08:47 PM   #8
AndyC

Quote:
Since when has Tucker Carlson been advertised as a newsman? It's more like analysis and opinion about the news. Sarcasm is a great way to get his point across in a town where politicians stand up with a straight face and lie to the people on a daily basis.
Old 05-15-2020, 08:50 PM   #9
jk3521
Registered Loser

Quote:
I wasn't talking just about him...I was talking about "News" in general. These aren't "newscasters"...these are would-be comedians. How dumb must we be if we need Tucker Carlson or Anderson Cooper to "decipher" the news for us. These are deadly-serious times...and these guys can't even maintain a serious tone of voice when they address the public. Carlson sounds as if he is joking with his buddies in that clip.
I miss the deadpan delivery of Huntley/Brinkley.
jk3521 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2020, 08:51 PM   #10
garyscpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
Since when has Tucker Carlson been advertised as a newsman? It's more like analysis and opinion about the news. Sarcasm is a great way to get his point across in a town where politicians stand up with a straight face and lie to the people on a daily basis.
You mean a Botox face.
garyscpa is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2020, 08:52 PM   #11
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
Yeah...but if you believe Tucker Carlson...only HALF the politicians are lying.
Old 05-15-2020, 09:13 PM   #12
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
In an ideal world, both sides (Fox and CNN) would be reporting about Georgia reopening and the data for Georgia since that state reopened in much the same way Walter Cronkite would have.

Sadly, the world we live in is anything but ideal.

Imo, the mainstream media was a bit too enthusiastic about 'reporting' the impending mushroom cloud that was surely about to happen in Georgia.

But now that three weeks have passed since Georgia reopened and the data for Georgia has actually been ok, the mainstream media is still 'reporting' about the virus.

For example, in the last 24 hours they were all over a story about a nail salon owner in Oklahoma who became infected with the virus.

Yet at the same time, they've been strangely quiet about Georgia.

My sincere hope is that the data for Georgia continues trending in the right direction.

I say because if the data for Georgia continues trending in the right direction:

THAT would suggest there's a light at the end of this tunnel many of us find ourselves in.

-jp

Last edited by Jeff P; 05-15-2020 at 09:19 PM.
Jeff P is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2020, 09:31 PM   #13
AndyC

Quote:
I have heard Tucker call out both sides albeit more on the left than the right. I don't find him to be blatantly partisan like Hannity or Ingraham.
Old 05-15-2020, 09:34 PM   #14
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyscpa View Post
You mean a Botox face.
Touché!
Old 05-15-2020, 10:12 PM   #15
mountainman

Quote:
brilliant post..never has biased news commentary been more succinctly defined as absolute nonsense
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply