Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 30 votes, 3.80 average.
Old 07-16-2017, 04:33 PM   #4081
oughtoh

Makes sense and it is true, but I just like to watch the big tracks. Small tracks don't excite me and jockeys drive me crazy. When I start back up with the software, I will take your advice.
Anyways, I know how Greg feels when he puts picks on here and then they don't run like they usually do. I guess we can't do anything about that.
Hope everyone does great in the next 2 months with the software while the Del Mar meet is going on. I will be reading but will not be participating on this part of the forum,
Old 07-16-2017, 05:07 PM   #4082
Handiman
BarelyWinning

Oughtoh why aren't you using software at Del Mar?

Handi
Old 07-16-2017, 05:50 PM   #4083
oughtoh

That use to be my home track. I will be handicapping the form and only place win bets, 2% of my bankroll, with a set bankroll. Make alot bigger bets then I do with the software. Will be passing alot of races and need to be able to know which ones to pass. I need to have faith with my picks and my handicapping gives me one horse to play verses multiple picks.
Old 07-16-2017, 05:56 PM   #4084
oughtoh

It has nothing to do with the software, I love this software and it makes it so easy. Just need to work on it more to find out what I can bet heavy on and what I can't.
Old 07-17-2017, 01:38 AM   #4085
Handiman
BarelyWinning

Ok. Got it. Makes perfect sense.
Old 07-17-2017, 06:33 PM   #4086
REBel

TO OUGHTOH

Are you following any qtr. horse tracks?
Old 07-17-2017, 06:41 PM   #4087
oughtoh

No.I was doing Los Al quarter horse track, but only the 4 1/2 fur races. When they started putting a qtr horse race in the pk 4 I quit looking at them. Don't know if it works on qtrs or not.
Old 07-17-2017, 09:07 PM   #4088
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by oughtoh View Post
No.I was doing Los Al quarter horse track, but only the 4 1/2 fur races. When they started putting a qtr horse race in the pk 4 I quit looking at them. Don't know if it works on qtrs or not.
I've accidentally (some smaller tracks like to slip one in on ya) posted sets of plays that contained 1- Qtr horse race selection, and a couple actually won. I've also noticed that seemingly half the races pay big win prices.

I figured this needed further investigation, so played entire cards--didn't hit anything.

My thought was---if it hits a huge longshot once in a blue moon--then maybe playing the huge longshots was the way to go.

Haven't checked it since...have you done any good with Qtrs, Ron?
Old 07-18-2017, 12:40 PM   #4089
REBel

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg View Post
I've accidentally (some smaller tracks like to slip one in on ya) posted sets of plays that contained 1- Qtr horse race selection, and a couple actually won. I've also noticed that seemingly half the races pay big win prices.

I figured this needed further investigation, so played entire cards--didn't hit anything.

My thought was---if it hits a huge longshot once in a blue moon--then maybe playing the huge longshots was the way to go.

Haven't checked it since...have you done any good with Qtrs, Ron?
No, I haven't purchased a file with qtrs. in it. I thought Oughtoh mentioned earlier that qtrs. numbers would work in some of your software, but I don't know which one.

I will check it out and get back to you.

Ron
Old 07-18-2017, 12:54 PM   #4090
oughtoh

It was for the 4 1/2 fur at Los Al qtrs. As Greg said he has hit some. I know at Los Al some of the qtr races czme up, but hardly ever hit.
Old 07-18-2017, 01:05 PM   #4091
oughtoh

When you get the files from brisnet they have 2 lines on the top of the box. What is they are the and the box does not have the lines, what does this mean.
Old 07-18-2017, 01:14 PM   #4092
REBel

qtr horses

Anybody know where the qtrs. are running?
Old 07-18-2017, 01:18 PM   #4093
oughtoh

Los Al on fri sat and sun. I also think Delta Downs has qtrs but not sure if they are still running. You can also look at Ruidoso Downs.
Old 07-18-2017, 01:57 PM   #4094
oughtoh

If the data files have no lines on them they have no odds or post positions on them
Old 07-18-2017, 07:11 PM   #4095
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Hey

Sorry I haven't posted much lately--busy with family stuff.

Plus...everyone in my family is under the assumption that I "dont work" and have all day to take care of anything.

Let's see...I own a home that seems to be in need of constant repair (the wife is the one that actually sees all the "repairs" needed)---looks fine to me.

The dog needs to go to the vet or get a grooming. My wife saves aluminum cans and water bottles so I can run them down to the recycler every other week. People need a ride to or from the airport---since I "don't work" I've got plenty of time.

Not to mention I wish I had the luxury of devoting all day to horse racing.

I probably should go out and get a "real job"

Anyhoo....I noticed Ellis Park was really hot with PP and B-5. I have some of the recent winners written down somewhere.

A customer sent in this email:

Greg: "Too bad I was not active the past couple of days. I hope you were playing the 9th race at ELP on Sunday. I just checked out the results for last Sunday's races and the payoffs for that race, using your Exotics program were phenomenal! With those payoffs, you could have made a down payment on the farm! Wow!

Congratulations on that hit. Hope you or one of your customers was active for that race. Couldn't have been many winners with those numbers".

Besides EXOTIC BETS!

PONYPICKER & BEST-5 nailed some of that.

The PLATINUM POWER Top Picks...honestly I really haven't come up with anything that much better. I think it hit $21 AND $36 winners. Even LEAD E-1/LATE scored a $22 winner somewhere...unusual as that's usually a short priced selection.

I know a lot of people like to have different programs, for various reasons. That's good for me

But...you have perfectly fine plays in PLATINUM, and as I mentioned--TOP PLATINUM POWER is just about as good stand-alone---as anything else. Think about how you can make a method using top-2 power for contenders...and make a chart of the winners and what their "profile" was.

I'm working on this now with pencil/paper. The goal is to avg about a $6.00 payoff for screened horses, and obviously a positive strike rate. If I don't succeed--it's still fun trying.

BBL

-NCG

Last edited by NorCalGreg; 07-18-2017 at 07:12 PM.
Closed Thread