Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapper's Corner

Old 10-31-2014, 10:12 PM   #1
TheOracle

E R Barker 75% return on investment @Aqueduct in 2014!!

E R Barker's 7 wins at Aqueduct have averaged $10 per win and he is giving a 75% return on investment per $2 win bet at Aqueduct so far for the 2014 season.

For those who are more conservative he has provided a 36% return on investment when wagering his horses across the board.

If you wagered $2 to win, place and show on his horses since the beginning of the year it would have cost you $120 and you would have won $163.30 giving a profit of $43.30 giving you a 36% return on your money.

Not too shabby I will be watching him for the season at Aqueduct!!

Last edited by TheOracle; 10-31-2014 at 10:21 PM.
TheOracle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-08-2014, 08:59 PM   #2
Shemp Howard
Refugee from Bowie

He had one that didn't figure at all run last at 80-1 today.

Two more entries this week.
Shemp Howard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-08-2014, 09:06 PM   #3
BetHorses!

Nicest guy...loves every horse he puts on the track
Old 11-09-2014, 02:10 AM   #4
DeltaLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOracle
E R Barker's 7 wins at Aqueduct have averaged $10 per win and he is giving a 75% return on investment per $2 win bet at Aqueduct so far for the 2014 season.

For those who are more conservative he has provided a 36% return on investment when wagering his horses across the board.

If you wagered $2 to win, place and show on his horses since the beginning of the year it would have cost you $120 and you would have won $163.30 giving a profit of $43.30 giving you a 36% return on your money.

Not too shabby I will be watching him for the season at Aqueduct!!
It would had been good if we knew this a year before; now that we found out is a little bit too late!!!

It is a huge mistake for the horse bettor to expect this kind of a stat to be repeated again...
Old 11-09-2014, 10:15 AM   #5
Appy

Seems to me "systems" such as this are very short lived. One reason is due to condition changes for each horse with each win. As they approach their talent threshold wins come much less frequently. That is a major factor in why racing barns have such a high turnover rate. They want horses with an open book for conditions to run at.
A handicapper's ability to anticipate upcoming win surges for a barn with a fresh string is a key to collecting win steaks for trainer based systems.
Old 11-09-2014, 12:33 PM   #6
acorn54

to the op. believe me when i tell nice stats like the one you illustrate is noticed by others, and it probably is put into the formulator thingy that drf subscriber's use.
years ago when it was a rarity for handicappers to have data bases, stats like those you mention "might" have been great value. nowadays database mining by horseplayers is passe'.
acorn54 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-12-2014, 09:51 AM   #7
fight

er barker

whats his website ty
fight is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-12-2014, 10:15 AM   #8
traynor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaLover
It would had been good if we knew this a year before; now that we found out is a little bit too late!!!

It is a huge mistake for the horse bettor to expect this kind of a stat to be repeated again...
You are also making a very good case for why statistics in general are deficient when applied to horse races--knowledge of the outcome of the events on which the statistics were based was unknown at the time of the events. Regression studies of past races--even without the backfitting syndrome in small models--is always less productive than it seems to be.
traynor is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-12-2014, 08:10 PM   #9
TheOracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by fight
whats his website ty
Hey fight just go to the link below and select the drop downs for the Trainer, Distance, Race Type*, Surface, and From, to Dates:

http://www.insidethenumbers.net/Hors.../?page_id=1183

*I grouped all Optional Claiming races (i.e. Optional, Starter Optional, etc.) as Allowance Optional Claiming. It just became too much to keep them separate as a Race Type.

If you have a buck $1 and an android device you can get the app if you like the demo above.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...evelop.Webview

go to the NYC racing link I'm looking for serious testers of the app.
Old 11-12-2014, 09:00 PM   #10
TheOracle

E R Barker is now 0 for 2 since last post

E R Barker is now 0 wins for his last 2 entries since the last post with a 3rd place finish today with Jeter in the 5th race.

I was hoping for a bigger price hitting the board but the favorite won this race so all of the win, place and show prices were a bit short.

Since going 0 for his last 2 starts E R Barker's horses are now only giving you a 59% return on your money to win and a 26% return on your money if you played all of his horses to win, place and show for $2.

His win return on investment has taken a big hit from 75% to 59% since going 0 for his last 2.

His win, place and show return on investment has gone down from 36% to 26% as his horses only hit the board once in 2 attempts.

However, I will still be keeping an eye on him for the rest of the season at Aqueduct.

*ML Odds indicates Morning Line Odds

Last edited by TheOracle; 11-12-2014 at 09:02 PM.