Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 07-03-2020, 10:51 AM   #31
MonmouthParkJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by alhattab View Post
Ok so maybe there isn’t plenty of room. Attendance capped at 2,000.

https://www.app.com/story/sports/202...00/5366747002/
You still going?

I will be there for sure. Assuming there are some concessions in the back yard, same place as always.
MonmouthParkJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-03-2020, 11:34 AM   #32
alhattab

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonmouthParkJoe View Post
You still going?

I will be there for sure. Assuming there are some concessions in the back yard, same place as always.
Yeah I will try on Saturday but probably not out there. Maybe in the seats, on the apron near the TVs or by the paddock if they allow it. What Kenny Peck just reported is that they are trying to figure out how to fit the 500 person "gathering" limit into Monmouth Park's footprint. For example, no more than 500 in the picnic area, no more than 500 on the apron, etc. Hopefully see you tomorrow
alhattab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-03-2020, 01:00 PM   #33
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonmouthParkJoe View Post
You still going?

Given the new restrictions on attendance, how many people will they be counting you as?
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-03-2020, 03:28 PM   #34
classhandicapper

Posted a little after noon.

Quote:
Kenny Peck
@DRFPeck
Just now hearing that the attendance capacity is expected to be raised to a much more reasonable level, with some type of announcement coming very shortly. Awaiting word on exact figure.
Old 07-04-2020, 06:09 AM   #35
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
Given the new restrictions on attendance, how many people will they be counting you as?
On track handle was 160,000.

That’s means attendance was about 3k or so?

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-04-2020, 10:21 AM   #36
alhattab

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
On track handle was 160,000.

That’s means attendance was about 3k or so?

Allan
I think that's about right. Monmouth on-track handle on its own races is about $50 per capita
Old 07-05-2020, 12:52 PM   #37
wisconsin

Were any of you there this weekend? How was the crowd size and protocol? In case I decide a road trip is in order...
Old 07-05-2020, 07:45 PM   #38
RunForTheRoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin View Post
Were any of you there this weekend? How was the crowd size and protocol? In case I decide a road trip is in order...
I went there today. Got there about 4th or 5th race. Parked in Clubhouse Parking Lot, no delay getting in, was asked if I had any symptoms today and the dude placed this thing on my forehead for one second looked at it and said you can go in.

It wasn't empty but it wasn't crowded at all. Not much of a festive atmosphere, no frills. I was surprised how few concessions were open. Went to that hot dog place class was raving about because it was really about the only option other than Lady's Secret (I think). Was a'ight, got spicy dog and fries.

Not unexpected there were no parties out in the picnic area. Really weren't many out there at all. Tellers looked lonely.

Maybe Saturday was better. I think with no coolers it puts a kibosh on drinking unless you want to pay through the nose. Did drive by the Shore, Belmar was hoppin, so definitely go if you'd like. A different Monmouth. May heat up end of month when there are more sports to bet.
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-05-2020, 11:19 PM   #39
MonmouthParkJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
Absence makes the heart grow fonder

😊
MonmouthParkJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-06-2020, 11:51 AM   #40
alhattab

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunForTheRoses View Post
I went there today. Got there about 4th or 5th race. Parked in Clubhouse Parking Lot, no delay getting in, was asked if I had any symptoms today and the dude placed this thing on my forehead for one second looked at it and said you can go in.

It wasn't empty but it wasn't crowded at all. Not much of a festive atmosphere, no frills. I was surprised how few concessions were open. Went to that hot dog place class was raving about because it was really about the only option other than Lady's Secret (I think). Was a'ight, got spicy dog and fries.

Not unexpected there were no parties out in the picnic area. Really weren't many out there at all. Tellers looked lonely.

Maybe Saturday was better. I think with no coolers it puts a kibosh on drinking unless you want to pay through the nose. Did drive by the Shore, Belmar was hoppin, so definitely go if you'd like. A different Monmouth. May heat up end of month when there are more sports to bet.
I didn't attend. Was planning on going Saturday but decided to bet (highly unsuccessfully) from home. Today's Asbury Park Press mentioned the 2,000 attendance capacity is still in effect, but I think many more than that- maybe 2x that "cap" were there on Saturday based on the on track handle numbers. So if you are guest 2,001, I doubt they turn you away. The place definitely loses some juice without the picnic area revelers. You see that on some of the Fridays there when the place can feel dead.

The area as a whole has been busy. Sea Bright and Long Branch seem to be attracting a lot of people. Some make a trip Wisconsin! Delaware, Parx, Monmouth and the Meadowlands all allowing fans you could hit all them no problem!
Old 07-06-2020, 09:33 PM   #41
wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by alhattab View Post
Delaware, Parx, Monmouth and the Meadowlands all allowing fans you could hit all them no problem!

Been to all except Meadowlands. Maybe a doubleheader...just miss live racing with Arlington not running with fans or running at all until late July.
Old 07-11-2020, 09:49 PM   #42
alhattab

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin View Post
Been to all except Meadowlands. Maybe a doubleheader...just miss live racing with Arlington not running with fans or running at all until late July.
I went to Mth on Sat. Very enjoyable. I paid the box area usher to put me in a box which is nice. I was about 25 yards before the finish line. Had my own
tv in the box so could avoid people crowding around TV sets. Bought a few beers ($6 for tall boy cans). Only a few concessions open- I ate at home and suggest eating before you get to the track. Racing no bueno but it was good to be back and I enjoyed the box seat experience. Picnic area dead but otherwise decent crowd was there all things considered.