Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-13-2017, 04:03 PM   #16
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
But you are downplaying the fact that Trump is also shining a light back on HIMSELF, thus causing his backers -- by your own admission -- to "cringe at some of the things that he says and does". Is that a natural byproduct of "making America great again"? Can't we have someone "shine a light on the government's warts", whose own conduct doesn't make us cringe in the process?
I'm willing to take the bad with the good. Yes, he's egocentric and bombastic and that isn't pretty to see. On the other hand, his ego and nature allows him to call a spade a spade, which is damn refreshing. He sees a bankrupt politician, he calls him a bankrupt politician. I don't really care that he sometimes doesn't look presidential. I think that's a made up construct people use to corral language and actions that they don't like or are too unpredictable. Trump will have none of it, and I'm cheering him on. We need less presidential and more leadership. It would be nice to have both (and Trump fails here), but give me leadership over marketing. When people look back on the great presidents, do they say that they were presidential or great leaders. Every one was a leader of men and took us in directions that we didn't necessarily want to go, but did so for the good of the country. Now I'm not saying Trump is a great leader. All I'm saying is that I prefer leadership over looks any day.

Last edited by tucker6; 10-13-2017 at 04:04 PM.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-13-2017, 04:13 PM   #17
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
I'm willing to take the bad with the good. Yes, he's egocentric and bombastic and that isn't pretty to see. On the other hand, his ego and nature allows him to call a spade a spade, which is damn refreshing. He sees a bankrupt politician, he calls him a bankrupt politician. I don't really care that he sometimes doesn't look presidential. I think that's a made up construct people use to corral language and actions that they don't like or are too unpredictable. Trump will have none of it, and I'm cheering him on. We need less presidential and more leadership. It would be nice to have both (and Trump fails here), but give me leadership over marketing. When people look back on the great presidents, do they say that they were presidential or great leaders. Every one was a leader of men and took us in directions that we didn't necessarily want to go, but did so for the good of the country. Now I'm not saying Trump is a great leader. All I'm saying is that I prefer leadership over looks any day.
Unfortunately for Trump...our system of government requires that an effective president be a good COMPROMISER...as WELL as a good "leader". There are checks-and-balances within our government system which obligate the president to cooperate with others in order to really get things done in the country. And Trump fails miserably in this regard.

His "leadership" methods would work GREAT in a "dictatorship" though...
Old 10-13-2017, 05:15 PM   #18
jms62
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Unfortunately for Trump...our system of government requires that an effective president be a good COMPROMISER...as WELL as a good "leader". There are checks-and-balances within our government system which obligate the president to cooperate with others in order to really get things done in the country. And Trump fails miserably in this regard.

His "leadership" methods would work GREAT in a "dictatorship" though...
Considering HE NEVER worked in a position previously in his entire life wher he wasn't a Dictator it is obvious he is ill equipped for the job. Trying to delegitimize the media is Dictator 101.
jms62 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-13-2017, 07:33 PM   #19
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

No, I think in Dictator 101 they are taught to make the media the in-house organ.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-13-2017, 08:56 PM   #20
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Obama's major talent is delivering a well-written speech. Speaking off the cuff is definitely not his strong point.
It seemed to me he rehearsed everything that came out of his mouth, even if you just asked him what he had for lunch. That makes him a major phony in my book.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-13-2017, 09:17 PM   #21
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastajenk View Post
No, I think in Dictator 101 they are taught to make the media the in-house organ.
Brilliant!!
Old 10-13-2017, 09:52 PM   #22
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
to "cringe at some of the things that he says and does". Is that a natural byproduct of "making America great again"?
No, that is the frosting on the cake!

Just watching the liberal zombies on CNN melt down daily is so entertaining. Trump is driving them battier that than they were to begin with. It's like scoring a touchdown on a bomb and then pounding your chest in front the the defender you just beat. Totally unnecessary but of so much fun to watch.
Old 10-13-2017, 09:54 PM   #23
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Obama's major talent is delivering a well-written speech. Speaking off the cuff is definitely not his strong point.
Uh, yes, I uh, uh, he, uh, I agree, uh with, uh,that, uh,clocker.
Old 10-13-2017, 09:56 PM   #24
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
Just so I'm clear, this was all intended to be serious and not sarcasm, right?
Thank you for confirming Trump is doing his job so well!
Old 10-13-2017, 09:58 PM   #25
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
There are checks-and-balances within our government system which obligate the president to cooperate with others in order to really get things done in the country.
Say what????
Trump tried to work with the Twins of Deception, UPchuck and Nancy.

Obama never made any effort to compromise with the republicans.
Old 10-13-2017, 10:08 PM   #26
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Say what????
Trump tried to work with the Twins of Deception, UPchuck and Nancy.

Obama never made any effort to compromise with the republicans.
In two years Nancy will be asking "who am I, whats my name" Upchuck is already saying "your killing me" every time the President pulls out a pen.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-13-2017, 10:27 PM   #27
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Schumer....an open minded man.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot2084.jpg (19.1 KB, 9 views)
Old 10-14-2017, 12:38 AM   #28
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
#SAD that you don't have a witty cartoon to describe us deplorables.
like this?

davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-14-2017, 01:19 AM   #29
Parkview_Pirate

Trump is "winning" in pretty much the same fashion that Obama delivered on hope and change. If you dig a little past the headlines and don't get sidetracked by the emotional and polarizing (and relatively unimportant) issues, the trend is the same. The economy is in a shambles dominated by racketeers in the military-industrial complex, "health care" industry, and welfare - and of course the government bureaucracies that support them. The financial sector is built on a house of sand, and U.S. foreign policy isn't making any friends. The younger generations are saddled with personal college debt and a degree not worth the paper its printed on, and the debt of the older generations.

Trump, Obama, Bush, Clinton - they all work(ed) for the same puppet masters. We'll go down the road to a dictatorship, or get caught up in the backlash of a civil war, as various factions attempt to wrest control from the current establishment of elites.

The decline continues.
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-14-2017, 02:44 AM   #30
CincyHorseplayer

Grabbing Washington by the pussy and doing his own thang!
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply