Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 09-24-2017, 02:58 PM   #1
Jess Hawsen Arown

The most idiotic rule in ALL of sports

So Shepard catches a touchdown pass for the Giants before the half, he is well in bounds. He crosses out of bounds still holding the ball, then ten feet out of bounds, he hits the ground which causes the ball to come loose. Incomplete.

Yes, that is the rule. Forget crossing the plane of the goal with the ball. Forget the ground cannot cause a fumble. This is a SPAYSHUL rule. (SPAYSHUL, as in, Now isn't that SPAYSHUL.)

The only rules that match this insanity are the NCAA rules about misconduct by players. Although, one may argue those are not SPORTS rules.

THAT BEING SAID, the Giants are unwatchable this year.

I am writing this BEFORE the second half. I will not watch the second half.

and THAT being said, I am reminded of the Giants first Manning Super Bowl team which played the worst first 10 periods in team history. Can this team do the same thing? HELL, NO!

then again...
Jess Hawsen Arown is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-24-2017, 04:33 PM   #2
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess Hawsen Arown View Post
So Shepard catches a touchdown pass for the Giants before the half, he is well in bounds. He crosses out of bounds still holding the ball, then ten feet out of bounds, he hits the ground which causes the ball to come loose. Incomplete.

Yes, that is the rule. Forget crossing the plane of the goal with the ball. Forget the ground cannot cause a fumble. This is a SPAYSHUL rule. (SPAYSHUL, as in, Now isn't that SPAYSHUL.)

The only rules that match this insanity are the NCAA rules about misconduct by players. Although, one may argue those are not SPORTS rules.

and THAT being said, I am reminded of the Giants first Manning Super Bowl team which played the worst first 10 periods in team history. Can this team do the same thing? HELL, NO!

then again...
Surprised your not boycotting the game.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-24-2017, 10:19 PM   #3
Jess Hawsen Arown

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Surprised your not boycotting the game.
I was going to ignore your post, but since it is wrong of me to assume you have read all my posts and understand where I am coming from, I will clarify my position.

1) I do not rubber stamp every Donald Trump statement. He frequently says things that are not things that I would say. What I do admire is that he is unique from other Presidents and says what is on his mind rather than adhering to political correctness.

2) As for me, my responses are measured per my own needs. I will continue to watch ESPN when they provide a sporting event that I want to see but cannot see anywhere else. I no longer use their website which was my staple for sports information. There are plenty of other sources. I no longer watch ESPN talk shows, and will no longer flip to their station because there is nothing in particular I want to see elsewhere just because I am a big sports fan. That is history.

3) As for the hate-America athletes who disrespect Americans who died for them so that they can make a fortune playing games, I can only have measured responses. I will boycott Steph Curry sponsored products, and those products endorsed by other athletes who have shown their hatred of the America that has made them obnoxiously wealthy. Again, I will not watch sporting events featuring these people for the hell of it, which I have done in the past. But I will continue to watch events that suits my specific needs or enjoyment.

But I will boycott the GIANTS for the foreseeable future -- BECAUSE THEY SUCK!

I hope that clarifies both my actions and inactions for you.
Jess Hawsen Arown is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-24-2017, 10:27 PM   #4
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess Hawsen Arown View Post

then again...

I agree, an incredibly dumb rule. That was a touchdown, plain and simple.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-24-2017, 11:33 PM   #5
elysiantraveller

You both musta missed the Lions game then...
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2017, 10:06 AM   #6
Elliott Sidewater

Jess, you missed the part of the game that was watchable. Yes, the Giants and Eagles took turns trying to give the game away, but went into the final minutes tied and the game ended on a dramatic 61 yard field goal that barely made it inside the right post. A rookie kicker (Josh Elliott) made what had to be the kick of his life.

Even though I'm an Eagles fan, I agree with you about that catch at the end of the first half. Only in the Bizarro World of NFL football is that not counted as catch. He was so far out of bounds, what if he had hit a piece of equipment on the ground before his body landed and that caused him to drop the ball? Now is that still not a catch??? .................apparently it is not.
Elliott Sidewater is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-28-2017, 07:14 PM   #7
alhattab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott Sidewater View Post
Jess, you missed the part of the game that was watchable. Yes, the Giants and Eagles took turns trying to give the game away, but went into the final minutes tied and the game ended on a dramatic 61 yard field goal that barely made it inside the right post. A rookie kicker (Josh Elliott) made what had to be the kick of his life.

Even though I'm an Eagles fan, I agree with you about that catch at the end of the first half. Only in the Bizarro World of NFL football is that not counted as catch. He was so far out of bounds, what if he had hit a piece of equipment on the ground before his body landed and that caused him to drop the ball? Now is that still not a catch??? .................apparently it is not.
No disrespect at all Elliott, but I don't get the drama of a long field goal. I hate field goals and kicker proficiency is part of the reason i no longer watch much football. So the Iggles fought in the trenches to drive the ball all the way to the Giant 44 yard line, then trotted out the kicker!

I didn't see the play in question but I've seen a few reception calls that I still don't understand. I do recall the Dallas game that started this nonsense and I remember thinking that if you asked 100 people on the street if that was a catch, at least 95% would have said yes

Last edited by alhattab; 09-28-2017 at 07:15 PM.
alhattab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: