Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 09-07-2017, 02:43 AM   #1
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
NFL 2017 Season

Well. ye olde pro football starts tonight as the Patriots host the Chiefs.After their amazing Super Bowl comeback (or Falcon choke job, take your pick-1st and 10 at the NE 19, 4 minutes to go and you start passing.And the 49ers hired that schumck Shanahan.Good luck with that.But I digress).

Although favorites to return to the Big Game ,I'm not seeing the Pats returning.Yes, they'll take the AFC East by simply showing up on Sunday.But I have a feeling (and that's all it is) the Pats won't return.When everybody says you're going to win easily, that's the exact moment you fall on your arse.Also, every year, one of the Super Bowl teams is an unexpected guest.

But tonight, I would take the Chiefs and the over.(9 and 48 1/2 as I write).The Patriots should win., say in the 30-23 neighborhood.

Also. the Dolphins Bucs game will be postponed to Week 11 because of Hurricane Irma.

Let the games begin!

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-08-2017, 01:16 AM   #2
Valuist

Is KC that good? Or is New England nowhere near as good as we thought? It was one game, but it's been a LONG time since New England looked that bad. And at home? I suspect this wasn't a mirage. That NE defense has serious problems. And Brady at 16 of 36? Remember Peyton was damned good in 2014, but the calendar turned and he looked washed up in 2015. Guys get old in a hurry in that league.

Playing until he's 45? Wake up, Brady.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-08-2017, 01:19 AM   #3
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44 View Post
When everybody says you're going to win easily, that's the exact moment you fall on your arse.
Well so much for a 19-0 season.

Gotta give credit to Chiefs RB Kareem Hunt, he fumbles on his first NFL carry, but gets back on the horse and the rest of the game, he looked like he was shot out of a cannon and ends up with 3 TD's.

Week 2 best bet? The Patriots, this won't happen two weeks in a row to Bellichik

Old 09-08-2017, 01:48 AM   #4
Valuist

Quote:

Gotta give credit to Chiefs RB Kareem Hunt, he fumbles on his first NFL carry, but gets back on the horse and the rest of the game, he looked like he was shot out of a cannon and ends up with 3 TD's.

Week 2 best bet? The Patriots, this won't happen two weeks in a row to Bellichik
We will see about that. Defensively, it doesn't look like he has the horses. And the offense may miss Edelman more than they thought.

This team was incredibly lucky in both last year's Super Bowl, and the one vs Seattle. In both cases, they were the inferior team as the opponent beat itself with foolish mistakes.

Last edited by Valuist; 09-08-2017 at 01:49 AM.
Old 09-08-2017, 11:31 AM   #5
Secondbest

Pats defense played a guy a lot who was on the team for 5 days. Says a lot about them.KC offense had too much speed. No pass rush at all. Only the first week but when a team has a lot of negative firsts- most points, yards, 4thQ pts at home, - in Belicheks career in NE. It usually shows there's a lot wrong.
Offense scored 27 with 2 failed 4th and ones.Thats OK .Defense not so much.
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-09-2017, 07:35 AM   #6
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist View Post
We will see about that. Defensively, it doesn't look like he has the horses. And the offense may miss Edelman more than they thought.

This team was incredibly lucky in both last year's Super Bowl, and the one vs Seattle. In both cases, they were the inferior team as the opponent beat itself with foolish mistakes.

True, they had some good fortune but some of that is by design with good defense. Their philosophy is that the other team will eventually make a mistake during a long drive. Seattle and Atlanta played into that with bad decisions during extended drives.

Which is why there are two ways you can burn them. Big plays down field or knocking the crap out of Tom Brady. KC executed both the other night. If Brady gets the crap beat out of him like that a few more times, he won't last through the season. The problem with age (time) is all of these guys think they can play forever, its in their DNA to beat the odds on everything, that's how they get that career. Nobody beats aging, its a natural law. That is a young mans game. Forget everything else, if that line can't protect him, he's not going to last. It was the first game and a couple times I thought he would not get up. It was just one game, maybe they had a bad one. But the offensive line and the defensive secondary were weak as hell. Gronk looked like he couldn't move right and the receivers are kind of a bunch of rejects from other teams with Edelman hurt. Plus, the media is just mostly dumb, this team is aging.....19-0? Really? Just like you pointed out, its not like they are that much better than a few of these other teams. What games are they seeing where this team is killing the other good teams? They kind of had to "get By", which means the margin for error is slight.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-09-2017, 09:50 AM   #7
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

You think the roads in Florida are crowded today?

You should see them in BUFFALO.
Team is in first place and the rush for Bowl tickets is already underway!

Gotta cut them some slack in Buffalo - by Monday, the team will be mathematically eliminated.
Old 09-09-2017, 11:55 AM   #8
Secondbest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
You think the roads in Florida are crowded today?

You should see them in BUFFALO.
Team is in first place and the rush for Bowl tickets is already underway!

Gotta cut them some slack in Buffalo - by Monday, the team will be mathematically eliminated.
They should in first. How can they possibly lose to the Jets?
Old 09-09-2017, 05:02 PM   #9
barahona44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secondbest View Post
They should in first. How can they possibly lose to the Jets?
You can always count on Buffalo to figure that out.

Old 09-09-2017, 09:10 PM   #10
Secondbest

Quote:
You can always count on Buffalo to figure that out.
True. But the jets
Old 09-10-2017, 12:21 AM   #11
mostpost

Quote:

I guess it's up to the Bears to pick up the slack to the 19-0 season. And even I know that is a ridiculous statement.
Old 09-10-2017, 06:47 AM   #12
FakeNameChanged

Quote:

What's the over/under for week number before Pats are in first place in their division, 4 or 5?
Old 09-10-2017, 08:06 AM   #13
headhawg
crusty old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
I guess it's up to the Bears to pick up the slack to the 19-0 season. And even I know that is a ridiculous statement.
Yes, but this could be a trap game for Atlanta. Super Bowl loss, not a great pre-season, and they are expected to simply roll over the Bears. The Bears D is better than most people think; offense is still a question mark. The Bears will win 5 or 6 games this year unless Glennon turns out to be a better-than-average QB. A little surprised the Bears are only getting 6 though. The under is probably a good bet.
headhawg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2017, 12:25 PM   #14
Valuist

The Bears should've won that game. Howard drops a sure TD at the one yard line in the final 20 seconds. Super Bowl losers have really struggled in their next season.

Glad to see unders cashing big yesterday. Too many overs in the league in 2016.
Old 09-11-2017, 05:13 PM   #15
burnsy
self medicated

After seeing the Colts, Giants, Bengals and Texans.....its official. Colin Kaepernick is Black Balled. Those Qb's were everything but deceased or maybe they were.

At this rate there may be many an under out there!...

There seems to be a plethora of shaky offenses and QB play. Some of it is outright offensive. In this day and age there's also no getting around a shitty "O" Line either. So add Seattle to the list, I thought Russell Wilson was going to get his head torn off.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: