Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-11-2017, 11:26 AM   #31
BaffertsWig

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwearpurple View Post
Uh huh. If they removed an individual because they were Muslim, every liberal in this country would be screaming their lungs out.
Sure, and they why wouldn't they? If the flight wasn't full and they removed a person because he/she was a Muslim that is obviously textbook profiling. That has nothing to do with this situation. The person was removed from this flight because his seat number was randomly selected by a computer on a full flight (where they needed their employees to board) and he didn't comply. If you bothered to read the rest of my post you would notice that I said the airline mishandled the situation and should have acted differently. At the same time, them removing this person is not a "breach of contract" or "illegal" or whatever. Always read the fine print.

Last edited by BaffertsWig; 04-11-2017 at 11:31 AM.
BaffertsWig is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2017, 12:01 PM   #32
iwearpurple

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaffertsWig View Post
Sure, and they why wouldn't they? If the flight wasn't full and they removed a person because he/she was a Muslim that is obviously textbook profiling. That has nothing to do with this situation. The person was removed from this flight because his seat number was randomly selected by a computer on a full flight (where they needed their employees to board) and he didn't comply. If you bothered to read the rest of my post you would notice that I said the airline mishandled the situation and should have acted differently. At the same time, them removing this person is not a "breach of contract" or "illegal" or whatever. Always read the fine print.
But I am saying that every liberal would be screaming their lungs out, whether the flight was full or not if they removed a Muslim. You know I am correct on that.

I did read your whole post. If you bothered to read my whole post, you would clearly see that I was agreeing with you on how it was handled improperly.

Now, you claiming it is not illegal, there are lawyers on TV saying that it is illegal because they were already seated. I have no idea if this is correct or not. We'll see how it plays out.
iwearpurple is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2017, 01:25 PM   #33
FantasticDan
gelding

Watch until the end for the United commercial

FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2017, 01:49 PM   #34
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
Watch until the end for the United commercial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HV28_ENzFog
That's some big time in your face funny stuff...
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2017, 02:36 PM   #35
HoofedInTheChest

United Airlines - "Not enough seating? Prepare for a beating."
HoofedInTheChest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2017, 03:21 PM   #36
Clocker

Old 04-11-2017, 05:12 PM   #37
Elliott Sidewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
A DOCTOR, asked to surrender his seat to a "United employee"? To a CIA or an FBI employee, yes...but, COME ON. I thought "the customer is KING".
They treated him like a king.........Rodney King.
Elliott Sidewater is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2017, 06:05 PM   #38
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwearpurple View Post
Uh huh. If they removed an individual because they were Muslim, every liberal in this country would be screaming their lungs out.

The proper way this should have been done is the way it is handled every day. The airline keeps bumping the offer up until someone accepts it. Almost EVERYONE at some point will accept some offer. But no, United decided they weren't going to offer more than $800.00. So now, this will cost them millions in lost revenue and it should. Secondly, it absolutely should have been done before everyone is on the plane. Once, I'm on the plane, no way am I volunteering to leave.
I'm pretty sure if you checked a bag, it won't be staying behind with you either.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2017, 06:15 PM   #39
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
It's not as if the employees were flying standby for vacation or anything, they had to be on the flight to work a flight the next morning. Without a flight crew to man that flight the next morning, it would have been delayed or even cancelled, thus creating a ripple effect down the line.
How the hell did they have an entire crew that needed to be placed in Louisville? A serious screwup on their part is what that is, and they expect passengers to be inconvenienced for their screw up?

If there is some kind of catch-all in the fine print, then I'd expect it to be for a reasonable reason that they jerk me off a flight. There are all sorts of reasons why someone may not have the luxury of not getting home (or to their destination) when planned. This was an unreasonable reason.

In addition, can we negotiate that fine print? No, which makes it not airtight legal.
Old 04-11-2017, 08:44 PM   #40
Clocker

Quote:
I find it crazy that no one jumped at the $800+hotel offer. I've been on flights where they were looking for volunteers to give up their seat and I've never seen it get above $300 before people are practically jumping over others to get that money.

And another thing that's good to know if you should ever find yourself in this situation: you don't have to take the compensation in airline vouchers. You CAN request a check.

In the US, they don't have to offer cash if you volunteer, and I have never heard of it being done. If you are involuntarily bumped, you can demand cash. I assume no one on that flight leapt at the $800 because it was a voucher for more crappy flights on United.
Old 04-11-2017, 08:47 PM   #41
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
How the hell did they have an entire crew that needed to be placed in Louisville?
Flight crews are restricted by law as to how many hours they can work and how much rest time they must have before returning to work. The crew originally schedule for that flight the next day probably worked a flight that was delayed and put in too many hours.
Old 04-11-2017, 09:32 PM   #42
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunForTheRoses View Post
I do agree at some point he should have given up the fight but still doesn't make United right.
This is generally my opinion as well. It is 90 % a major **** up by United, but at some point there does need to be a respect for authority (were they authorities who took him off the plane). The screaming and physical resistance was not necessary to that extreme.
kingfin66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-12-2017, 08:48 AM   #43
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfin66 View Post
This is generally my opinion as well. It is 90 % a major **** up by United, but at some point there does need to be a respect for authority (were they authorities who took him off the plane). The screaming and physical resistance was not necessary to that extreme.
He started screaming when someone not only put their hands on him, but also when he was being jerked over the armrest. He was seated at the window with the middle armrest down. I've sat in that seat enough times to know you can't get out, at least not easily or without some pain, with that armrest down. I think someone being manhandled over the armrest would cause loud vocals by anyone to whom that was done.
Old 04-12-2017, 01:02 PM   #44
OntheRail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Flight crews are restricted by law as to how many hours they can work and how much rest time they must have before returning to work. The crew originally schedule for that flight the next day probably worked a flight that was delayed and put in too many hours.
Once they board you they have accepted carriage...

So why didn't they take those crew members by ground... it's a what four hour drive to shuttle the needed crew. Would of cost less then the $3200 offered up. And no adverse backlash for being As-holes to paying customers.
Old 04-12-2017, 01:10 PM   #45
garyscpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfin66 View Post
Hey, I'll be the authority here.
garyscpa is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: