Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 10-12-2017, 09:24 AM   #1
RunForTheRoses

How Bout that Didi?

I know most probably hate the Yankees, that's understandable. For a Yankee fan this has been one fantastic post-season, even filled with some managerial drama. If their starting pitching holds up, they have a great bullpen, you never know...
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-18-2017, 07:15 PM   #2
RunForTheRoses

RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-22-2017, 09:19 AM   #3
MutuelClerk

Bye Bye Sucker Punch Sanchez.

P.O.S.

The Yankees likable? Yeah right.
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-22-2017, 12:02 PM   #4
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunForTheRoses View Post
As much as I used to like that song, I can't take it anymore. You can't turn on any sport now without hearing it ALL GAME LONG. So much for originality..
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-22-2017, 12:35 PM   #5
Marshall Bennett

Go Astros!! Young, vibrant, and definitely on fire. They'll be underdogs with good reason to the Dodgers, but they couldn't go into the series any more confident and prepared.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-26-2017, 12:48 PM   #6
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Joe Girardi out as manager of the Yankees.Apparently the ghost of George Steinbrenner still hovers over the Pinstripes.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-28-2017, 12:59 AM   #7
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post
Go Astros!! Young, vibrant, and definitely on fire. They'll be underdogs with good reason to the Dodgers, but they couldn't go into the series any more confident and prepared.
Darvish rounded back to his playoff form. Got rocked. Dodgers now in a hole of sorts, the half Astros are getting good wood on the LA bullpen.

Roberts may need to start Kershaw in games 4,7 but I know he won't. Too conservative. But with the Hou bats alive he may have to,to win this thing. Those boys in orange and blue are taking their cuts, they fear nothing right now
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-28-2017, 01:10 PM   #8
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Great move on the part of Houston to have their two young back of the rotation starters ,McCullers and Peacock ,do a tag team complete game.Bullpen (not their strong point ) should be rested for the next couple of games.The Dodgers,thanks to early exits by Rich Hill and Yu Darvish,have a bullpen that's on fumes.Last time I checked Alex Wood is still starting for LA tonight. Dave Roberts isn't pushing the panic button yet.

I think whoever wins tonight's game wins the Series ,especially if Wood goes really deep in the game for a Dodgers victory.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-28-2017, 07:50 PM   #9
ElKabong

just now found out what guriel did in the dugout towards darvish... he should have been suspended the rest of the series, instead he's being suspended for 5 games in 2018... overtly racist action, would get you fired on the spot in an office environment... it has NO place in baseball.
Old 10-30-2017, 12:08 AM   #10
ElKabong

Heckuva series but Dave Roberts will be second guessed all off season for pulling starters way too early in this series. Kershaw should have closed out that inning + a batter or three the next.

The astros have 11 runs into the seventh inning, no outs. McCarthy has nothing left. Nothing. Finally pulled him. It's still anyone's ballgame but Roberts has been a joke here. Cub fans take note.... Maddon is a good mgr, you could do much worse.

Great series regardless of outcome, but Roberts has been the Astros best weapon. Not letting Kershaw get three or four more outs was a mistake as was pulling Hill early in game two. At this point you manage one game at a time.
Old 10-30-2017, 01:05 AM   #11
ElKabong

Some great at bats tonight, Dodgers tie the game at 12 on a great 2-2 pitch. Can't fault a lot of the pitching, there are some great, intelligent hitters on display. Hate long games but this has been epic
Old 10-30-2017, 01:10 AM   #12
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
Heckuva series but Dave Roberts will be second guessed all off season for pulling starters way too early in this series. Kershaw should have closed out that inning + a batter or three the next.

The astros have 11 runs into the seventh inning, no outs. McCarthy has nothing left. Nothing. Finally pulled him. It's still anyone's ballgame but Roberts has been a joke here. Cub fans take note.... Maddon is a good mgr, you could do much worse.

Great series regardless of outcome, but Roberts has been the Astros best weapon. Not letting Kershaw get three or four more outs was a mistake as was pulling Hill early in game two. At this point you manage one game at a time.
And yet analytics is dominating the game and managers are being fired/hired because of a perceived affinity of it.

Who needs a Kershaw when the stat guys say remove him after 5 innings regardless of the score and situation.

As for Roberts, he's been clueless all year IMO.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-30-2017, 01:49 AM   #13
ElKabong

Eta on post 10... Morrow, not McCarthy

What a game. Janszen was gassed, Bregman knew he'd see a good first pitch to hit given Janszens last two batters faced (was losing control, deep into counts after getting behind the count). The dodger closer needed out of the inning...fast

I'm sure dahoss ( the good one) and POT are proud of bregman. LSU boy did good with the game on the line.

Last year was a great WS but this one is all that and then some. Great entertainment
Old 10-30-2017, 01:55 AM   #14
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
And yet analytics is dominating the game and managers are being fired/hired because of a perceived affinity of it.

Who needs a Kershaw when the stat guys say remove him after 5 innings regardless of the score and situation.

As for Roberts, he's been clueless all year IMO.
Good points. I've not seen much of LAD since the wife is a ranger fan, It's about all the mlb I get to see. I've heard Roberts is capt hook, but this series he's been a train wreck IMO.

At some point baseball people need to be given the game back from the Bill James types. It's gotten out of hand.
Old 10-30-2017, 02:19 AM   #15
thaskalos

Great WS game tonight, and the Astros must be given all the credit for the resiliency that they've shown...but a thought occurred to me as I watched Yasiel Puig launch that one-handed home run in the 9th inning. If MLB isn't forthright about juicing the ball this year...why do they blame the ballplayers for not admitting that they are juicing THEMSELVES?