Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-17-2018, 09:49 AM   #136
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Dr. Ben Warmer, PHD.
Dr. Ben Colder, PHD.

Dr. Chick A. Little, ASS.
Stephen Hawking and 97% of world's climatologists way above either BENs
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2018, 10:01 AM   #137
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

And yet, they cannot get the worst offending nations to cooperate, and have accomplished nothing so far.

And the spokespeople for the fraud STILL are the worst individual offenders.

You get a receipt for that land you bought in Flori-duh?

Gotta run - I'm working on my new cabin and dock I'm building in the Port City of Albany.
Old 01-17-2018, 10:24 AM   #138
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Please list your lifetime accomplishments and credentials that qualify you to constantly belittle the intelligence of those that don't share your views. Please don't tell us you had a career as a mailman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
No one here is a professional, but listening to Harvard educated DRs is more accurate than following witch doctors
Most have an agenda, if they could not convince anyone that we needed to worry about the sky falling, their importance, sources of income, and opportunities would lessen. I have listened to what they have to say and viewed a lot of their models. All of it is theory and projections. Just a scientific guessing game. The same one we had in the 70's with the coming ice age. Please don't blame 70's technology on that major gaffe, we put a man on the moon 1969. Look at some of the models out there that show projected sea level rise by 2100, they range from 5 inches to 15 feet. Yes 15 feet!!!

Many of us just have to apply a little common sense. Back when I lived in San Clemente Ca in the 90's I would go down to the beach for a daily morning jog and run past the pier where the day's water temp was posted. The yearly variance was 15 degrees, yet we have scientists saying a 1 degree increase in ocean temperatures will cause massive devastation. The same scientists that can't accurately predict tomorrow's weather are trying to tell us what will be happening 75 years from now? You have climate alarmists claiming climate change has caused devastation to polar bear habitat, yet people tracking polar bears say their population is just fine. I think many agree that average temperatures are a little higher the last century and a half, they just don't believe it will cause the whole state of Florida to be under water in 75 years.

Last edited by Inner Dirt; 01-17-2018 at 10:25 AM.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2018, 10:30 AM   #139
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
And yet, they cannot get the worst offending nations to cooperate, and have accomplished nothing so far.
Before we can enforce treaties like The Paris Agreement we must first realize that you climate deniers claim of so-called "junk science" of the mainstream overwhelming scientific consensus totally wrong.

Dr. Ben Warmer, PHD and Dr. Ben Colder, PHD have no place deciding scientific matters. Practical measure to deal with AGW needs recognizing the reality of AGW

BTW, As the United States pulls back from its commitment to fight climate change, the world’s two other biggest polluters — India and China — are sounding the alarm. But neither country is in a position to fill the void left by American leadership, or to foot the bill.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2018, 10:32 AM   #140
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Stephen Hawking and 97% of world's climatologists way above either BENs
Maybe you should Google for "Stephen Hawking quotes" he may be a brilliant scientist but some of his beliefs are way out in left field. He actually believes in the possibility of time travel. He is a can short of a six pack.
Old 01-17-2018, 10:45 AM   #141
davew

Quote:
Before we can enforce treaties like The Paris Agreement we must first realize that you climate deniers claim of so-called "junk science" of the mainstream overwhelming scientific consensus totally wrong.

Dr. Ben Warmer, PHD and Dr. Ben Colder, PHD have no place deciding scientific matters. Practical measure to deal with AGW needs recognizing the reality of AGW

BTW, As the United States pulls back from its commitment to fight climate change, the world’s two other biggest polluters — India and China — are sounding the alarm. But neither country is in a position to fill the void left by American leadership, or to foot the bill.
What is someone to think when these 'great scientists' have been shown to commit fraud by manipulating data to help their theory?
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2018, 10:54 AM   #142
boxcar

Quote:

On this issue, methinks America should follow Obama's lead (very bad pun intended), and lead from behind.

Last edited by boxcar; 01-17-2018 at 10:55 AM.
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2018, 10:54 AM   #143
classhandicapper

Quote:
Rather than accepting Faux and Anthony Watts, consider
Stephen Hawking

https://futurism.com/stephen-hawking...-irreversible/

Stephen Hawking: We Are Close to the Tipping Point Where Global Warming Becomes Irreversible

A Dire Warning

Famous physicist Stephen Hawking issued a warning to humanity in response to President Donald Trump’s recent decision to withdraw the United States from the Paris Climate Agreement. Speaking to BBC News prior to a cosmology conference being held at the University of Cambridge this week in honor of his 75th birthday, Hawking said that Trump’s decision could cause irrevocable harm to the planet.

“We are close to the tipping point where global warming becomes irreversible,” the celebrated scientist told Pallab Ghosh from the BBC. The consequences, he explained, would be truly dire for the planet. “Trump’s action could push the Earth over the brink, to become like Venus, with a temperature of two hundred and fifty degrees, and raining sulphuric acid.”
This is a political scare tactic.

The idea being that's it's OK to exaggerate or lie through your teeth if you believe your values and goals are superior to everyone else's and if fear is the only way to implement your policy. It's standard liberal politics. It's Al Gore again, but this time it's a scientist willing to make shit up.

The earth has already had periods when the CO2 level was MASSIVELY higher than it is now and we didn't become Venus.

There are reasonable positions and responses and there is bullshit.

If anything, Al Gore scare tactics and this kind of stuff makes some people more skeptical. Once you know a person is willing to lie to advance their own values and agenda, you cannot trust them to ever tell the truth. That puts someone like me in an impossible position. I don't have the time, energy, or desire to become a climate expert/scientist and figure it out for myself, but I already know I can't trust people like this. So how do I know what the actual truth and risks are so I can form an opinion on the appropriate response.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 01-17-2018 at 11:02 AM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2018, 01:26 PM   #144
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
This is a political scare tactic.

The idea being that's it's OK to exaggerate or lie through your teeth if you believe your values and goals are superior to everyone else's and if fear is the only way to implement your policy. It's standard liberal politics. It's Al Gore again, but this time it's a scientist willing to make shit up.

The earth has already had periods when the CO2 level was MASSIVELY higher than it is now and we didn't become Venus.

There are reasonable positions and responses and there is bullshit.

If anything, Al Gore scare tactics and this kind of stuff makes some people more skeptical. Once you know a person is willing to lie to advance their own values and agenda, you cannot trust them to ever tell the truth. That puts someone like me in an impossible position. I don't have the time, energy, or desire to become a climate expert/scientist and figure it out for myself, but I already know I can't trust people like this. So how do I know what the actual truth and risks are so I can form an opinion on the appropriate response.
People that constantly change goal posts and/or tell you the science is settled are likely lying. Nothing in science is settled. Ever. Yet I see many climate papers published annually where it is exclaimed that AGW is worse than we thought. Also note Alarmists are getting smarter. All predictions are now 40 year plus out in time to prevent erosion of public support when they are wrong. Which they have been 100% of the time up til now.
tucker6 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2018, 02:54 PM   #145
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Maybe you should Google for "Stephen Hawking quotes" he may be a brilliant scientist but some of his beliefs are way out in left field. He actually believes in the possibility of time travel.
So you've crunched the numbers and just can't make it work, huh?

Think about what's commonplace in technology now and how much of it would have been considered impossible 100 yrs ago..
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2018, 04:09 PM   #146
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Time travel is a piece of cake.
I haven't figured how to go backwards yet, but I fully capable of lying down on a couch and going 2-3-4 hours into the future almost every day!
Old 01-17-2018, 07:17 PM   #147
classhandicapper

I'm pretty sure time travel isn't possible otherwise everyone in our future would be doing it and I'd never find an overlay. Yet sometimes I still do.
Old 01-17-2018, 09:02 PM   #148
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

If time travel were possible, people who lived on the coasts would have come back to stop us from making the oceans rise. OR, they would have gone back even further than now to stop GW in its infancy.

So things must turn out OK on the climate scene.
Old 01-17-2018, 11:43 PM   #149
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
So you've crunched the numbers and just can't make it work, huh?

Think about what's commonplace in technology now and how much of it would have been considered impossible 100 yrs ago..
What is wrong with you? You are going to laugh at someone who doesn't believe in time travel? I guess you never heard of something called common sense. Do you still believe in Santa Claus?
Old 01-17-2018, 11:56 PM   #150
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
What is wrong with you? You are going to laugh at someone who doesn't believe in time travel? I guess you never heard of something called common sense. Do you still believe in Santa Claus?
Let's just say I have more scientific faith in Prof. Hawking than I do you, and leave it at that.
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: