Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Harness Racing

Old 05-31-2018, 07:01 PM   #1
Teach

Meadowlands: Friday, June 1

Race One:

“Mr. Lee…” The Bobbettes, a 1950s “girl-band”. Yes, the 2017 Amateur Driver of the Year, Joe Lee, as in “Yankee Joe” Lee, the New York Yankees assistant equipment manager. The Bronxville native is the pilot of my GSY amateur “Hot to Trot” pick, 6 FIJI. This 5-year old Cantab Hall-bred bay gelding is a consistent sort; he fits well in this field. I look for Lee to have this gelding out and going as the wings retract. Possibly another “deuce-pop”. Lee took the lead last week just before the 3/4ers pole and never looked back in guiding Global Revolution to a win in last week’s version of the GSY. Another horse to consider is 3 TOSS CARWRIGHT. You don’t have to have lived on The Ponderosa to figure out that this guy ran into more traffic last week than the L.I.E. at rush-hour. First, “The Renaissance Man,” Peter Kleinhans, had to get around a stalling Stitch in Time. Then, as the field reached the top of the stretch, Kleinhans kept sliding out into the “travel lane”. Only - by that time - it was too late! Yet, Toss Cartwright may have been going fastest of all in deep stretch. Another horse that was coming on from “off the tailgate” was 5 TECH TITAN. The “Svenska Flicka” Sarah Svanstedt, reprises the drive. If this guy catches “live” cover in a fast-moving outside flow, this 5-year can make serious headway. Finally, it’s “Team Harmon,” Rob and Patti, from Mahwah (near The New York border). The outside flow was sluggish last week; that hurt 2 IRON DOME’s chances of mounting a late charge (he finished 6th). But today’s another day. I see this guy as having a shot…at a price!

Race Two:

2 SAMIS ROLIN STONE just has to stay flat to win here. Dewayne Minor trains and drives. Others: 4 Take a Wish, 1 Ocarina Hanover; 3 Diamondstone US

Race Three:

3 YOU NEED STONES is capable of springing mild upset. Others: 1 Shoshie Deo; 2 Brutal Storm.

Race Four:

4 HYPNOTIC TALE is razor-sharp. “Buckeye” in the bike. Others: 1 Hurrikane Empress; 5 Cruzinforavictory.

Race Five:

4 CHEAP THRILLS gets my nod after a third-place finish last week. Yes, this Ontario-bred must show more punch if he’s to prevail, but I like to odds (I’m always looking for value). There’s a driver switch to “The Bionic Man,” Tim Tetrick. Jeff Bamond, Jr. trains. Others: 5 Mylittlesurfergirl; 3 Roll with Ann; 6 Classy Chapel N.

Race Six:

7 CELEBRITY RUTH does draw outside; yet I believe she has the closing speed to be coming down the lane fastest of all. This gal has only failed once in 17 lifetime tries to grace the tote-board. This mare appears to be rounding into form. Case in point: A winning effort in this mare’s last at Philadelphia. Dave Miller’s in the bike for trainer Trond Smedshammer. Others: 6 Double L Lindy; 2 Chromeo; 4 Crazshana.

Race Seven:

“Team Johansson,” Marcus and Nancy, has a prospect, here. 1 JAYE’S A LADY. Morning line: 10-1. I’m salivating like one of Pavlov’s dogs after he/she heard the bell in a classical conditioning experiment. This mare needed her last. She was “short”. Yet, with that one under her belt, she just may be ready. It’s hard to tell how much that last race prepared her for this one. Anyway. “This is KLM Flight 61 bound for Newark. Harness racing fans prepare for take-off…” Others: 8 Sail to The Beach; 9 OK Heavenly; 2 Legio X Equestris

Race Eight:

8 HAT TRICK HABIT has an early turn of foot. Despite the fact that this guy draws outside, “Buckeye” should have no trouble, at the very least, finding a tuck, or even possibly be “on the engine”. This fella has the speed to put him right there as evidenced by his last-race win. Dom Cecere trains. Others: 2 Zephyr Kronos, 1 Tymal Reign; 5 Osvaldo Blue Chip.

Race Nine:

L’amour est un oiseau rebelle.” (Habanera) “Carmen”. Yes, my pick here is: 4 BIZET (as in French composer Georges Bizet). His first start back after month-long layoff was solid. In that one, they “walked” the first panel. If there’s any kind of speed to close into…? Andy McCarthy (G’day Mate) is in the bike for trainer Lucas Wallin. Others: 2 Eurobound; 5 Broadway Bruiser; 6 Mister Kearns.

Race Ten:

7 FUTURE HEADLINES. That was interesting qualifier this gal turned in. I guess my only caveat was that the early fractions were “pedestrian”. She’ll be asked for more here. Will she have it? No, she doesn’t draw inside again. Can she find a tuck? First-time Lasix. Steve Smith in the bike for trainer Jeff Bamond, Jr. Others: 2 Beyonces Rockn; 5 Clara Bea; 1 Lost a Sock.

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-01-2018, 08:36 PM   #2
Denny
Veteran

I can't stand these NJSS races with such short fields. Who needs 1/5.
Denny is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-01-2018, 10:48 PM   #3
Denny
Veteran

Good pick in the last!

I bet the 7 to Win and a straight 7 2 Exacta.

Nice call, the Lasix did the trick

Thanks
Denny is offline   Reply With Quote Reply