Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Harness Racing

Old 05-26-2018, 06:03 PM   #1
Teach

Meadowlands: Sat., May 26

Race One:

I’m going with “The Men from Oz,” the “Down Under Duo,” Andy McCarthy and Noel Daley (he worked for “The Flying Kangaroo”). I must admit I do like Kiwi-invader standardbreds. My choice: 3 FEARLESS LEADER N. This guy gets a degree of both class and post relief. There’s a lot of speed “at the front of the line”. Could that scenario set up for this gelding’s “stalk and pounce” style? This looks as good a spot as this 10-year old’s had in many a fortnight. Others: 4 Live On; 7 Love Tap Hanover; 2 Green Olives.

Race Two:

3 SUNSET OVER MIAMI looks like “the speed” here. I believe this Well Said-bred 3-year old should have his own way on the front end. The question remains: Does he have the endurance to maintain that speed to the finish line? It’ll be up to “Smitty,” driver Steve Smith, to ration out that speed. Others: 5 So Confused; 6 Mr Heaven; 4 Bag Pipe Major.

Race Three:

A longshot try: 5 SUPERIOR RAVEN’s last race at Yonkers (he led to the top of the stretch) may have proved just enough of “a tightener” that this fella has the speed “… to go all the way”. He must… I repeat: “He must get past the #4 without expending too much energy.” Greg Merton is in the bike for Richie “Sterling” Silverman. Others: 6 Bruce’s Magic; 1 Speed Again; 4 Griffon Hanover.

Race Four:

1 JOE’S BID gets both post and class relief. That should be enough to put this Roll With Joe-bred into the winner’s circle. Andy McCarthy is in the sulky for trainer Richard Johnson. Others: 2 Whata Twist; 4 Yo Apollo Creed; 8 Always A Hotshot.

Race Five:

3 SPORTS BETTOR. I’m goin’ with what I see as “the sleeper” here. This guy appears to be rounding back into form. Last year at Pocono, this fella stopped the tele-timer at 1:50.3. It’s there. It’s latent. Is this gelding ready to unleash. You be the judge. Yet, it wouldn’t surprise me. Jim Marohn, Jr.’s in the bike for trainer Jenn Bongiorno. Others: 2 Foiled Again; 1 Polak A; 4 Quality Bud.

Race Six:

3 THINKBIG DREAMBIG was interfered with in his last as the 3-to-5 fave. No mishaps and this Bettor’s Delight-bred rolls to victory. Jimmy Takter drives and trains. Others: 5 Life Happened; 8 Street Boy; 7 Odds on Lauderdale.

Race Seven:

3 KJ’S JUSTINE, like “Ol’ Man River,” just keeps “rollin’ along”. I don’t see anything here that can derail this daughter of American Ideal. It’s “Eric the Red” Abbatiello in the bike for trainer Linda Toscano. This 3-year old filly should be sitting in a good stalking position. Others: 6 Ideal Talker; 1 Painted Lady; 2 Sand Artist.

Race Eight:

3 IWILLMAKEYOUSAYWOW has tailed off some after a torrid stretch that included a sub-1:50 mile. Yet, this may be one of those wake up calls. Greg Merton has the call for trainer Todd Buter. Others: 2 Commentariat; 4 Avatartist; 8 Ballerat Boomerang.

Race Nine:

5 EXPRESS STRIDE N gets my call. This Mark Harder trainee fits well in this field. He certainly gets post position relief. Scott Zeron is in the sulky. Others: 3 Sams Triple Crown; 2 Sofer; 4 Southern Pursuit N.

Race Ten:

2 KINGS BARN is stepping up; yet his last race was outstanding. If this guy can maintain that last-race form, he should find himself in the winner’s circle. Andy McCarthy drives; Shawn Christner trains. Others: 4 Mister Indiana; 10 Ever Again; 7 The Fire Within.

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: