Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 02-24-2018, 09:10 AM   #1
NY BRED
GARY

TIMEFORMUS-GPX CARD

SINCE BEING A CUSTOMER FOR CJ'S PROGRAM AND NOW TIMEFORM,
I HAVE NEVER ENCOUNTERED THE FOLLOWING ISSUE;

IN ATTEMPTING TO PRINT THE GP CARD IN CONDENSED MODE,
THE OPTION IS UNAVAILABLE.ALL OTHER CARDS CAN BE PRINTED
IN CONDENSED MODE.

INCREDIBLY THE GP CARD FOR TOMORROW IS AVALIABLE IN
CONDENSED MODE.

I CONTACTED TIMEFORMUS LAST WEEK ON THIS SAME ISSUE AND RECEIVED A BLACK AND WHITE
PAGE RESEMBLING THE CONENSED MODE, WHICH IS USELESS WHEN
ATTEMPTING TO COMPARE DIRT/TURF FIGURES.

ANYONE OUT THERE WITH A SOLUTION AS ,PER LAST WEEK, NO ONE
RESPONDS TO MY EMAIL REQUESTS.

Last edited by NY BRED; 02-24-2018 at 09:12 AM.
NY BRED is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-24-2018, 09:53 AM   #2
Bennie

NY Bred - this has been a continuing issue. Most of the tracks have been corrected but Danno from equibase, I believe, said that there are a few tracks that for what ever reason still don't work. Gulfstream being one of them. If you ask politely or send a message to CJ he may be able to help you out in some way. I have for the time being given up with the TFUS figures until I know for certain that all issues have been resolved. Took almost 4 weeks to get reimbursed for a purchase of the full day program that had no condensed files at all available. Good luck.
Bennie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-24-2018, 11:47 AM   #3
NY BRED
GARY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennie View Post
NY Bred - this has been a continuing issue. Most of the tracks have been corrected but Danno from equibase, I believe, said that there are a few tracks that for what ever reason still don't work. Gulfstream being one of them. If you ask politely or send a message to CJ he may be able to help you out in some way. I have for the time being given up with the TFUS figures until I know for certain that all issues have been resolved. Took almost 4 weeks to get reimbursed for a purchase of the full day program that had no condensed files at all available. Good luck.
thanks for the thoughts, what has me nuts is that this issue for
GP occured last Saturday and today only. GP condensed sheets have been
avaialable throughout the year; first issue happened last Saturday and now today.

Aside from yourpost no one from TF has responded;being nice to
CJ is a good thought, however, why am I begging when I'm paying.

I'm about at the end of the road on this insanity, regardless,
thanks for you post
NY BRED is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-24-2018, 11:59 AM   #4
GMB@BP

Yea, GP seems especially bad compared to other tracks, for example not sure I have seen a SA card not be ready for condensed.

Its a bit frustrating when its one of the key reasons you buy the program, say versus Formulator (I buy both by the way).
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-24-2018, 12:52 PM   #5
MarcAtTimeformUS

This is a bug that emerged as part of the database failure of a few weeks ago, which required a lot of TimeformUS's processes to be rebuilt from scratch. The bug is maddening to say the least.

The best path forward for our customers: We're re-engineering the production of condensed cards, as well as finally moving forward with robust PDF PPs. In the short run, we'll continue to play whack a mole and create the crude version of condensed cards when the normal ones fail to appear.

A few good things did already come out of the rebuilding of processes already--for example, the site is now the fastest it has ever been. Some other cool stuff that was about to be launched was put aside because of the issues a few weeks ago, but soon you're going to have far and away the best experience you've had on TimeformUS.

I'll reply to this thread next week with a date on when we expect to have the condensed card issue fully resolved.

If you can't hold your nose and put up with the crude version of the condensed card for now, please email us at TFUSSupport@drf.com and we'll get you a refund. Apologies, we know it's a drag.
MarcAtTimeformUS is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-24-2018, 01:12 PM   #6
GMB@BP

Thanks for the update. I am sure it will get figured out...and yes its a LOT faster since the rebuild.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-05-2018, 11:33 AM   #7
MarcAtTimeformUS

We found a work-around for those condensed files. What it means in the short run is that there will still be situations where condensed files won't be automatically created (typically ~ a couple tracks a day), but the manually created files will have all of the functionality of the automatically created ones that you are used to. Hopefully in a month or so the whole thing gets replaced by a better automated process. Will update when we have a firm date on that.
MarcAtTimeformUS is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: