Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 05-07-2015, 06:14 AM   #1
cj's dad

Baltimore Freddie Gray Update

I have lived in Baltimore for all of my life (67 years) and have come to know many people in law enforcement and in the city's political circles. I have been told that FG was a confidential police informant and that he had crossed the line and the police were looking for him at the time of his apprehension. His tox screen showed signs of recently ingested drugs in his system at the time of arrest. He also was a self inflicted "stitches for snitches" victim.

Two of the officers charged have been incorrectly ID'd so those charges will be dropped.

Stay tuned for more riots that will be dealt with harshly !!

Last edited by cj's dad; 05-07-2015 at 06:18 AM.
cj's dad is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2015, 07:01 AM   #2
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtisontheBay
I have lived in Baltimore for all of my life (67 years) and have come to know many people in law enforcement and in the city's political circles. I have been told that FG was a confidential police informant and that he had crossed the line and the police were looking for him at the time of his apprehension. His tox screen showed signs of recently ingested drugs in his system at the time of arrest. He also was a self inflicted "stitches for snitches" victim.

Two of the officers charged have been incorrectly ID'd so those charges will be dropped.

Stay tuned for more riots that will be dealt with harshly !!
As for the bolded, it would be stunning beyond comprehension if after a 'careful' review of the facts, that the DA didn't charge the correct people. Talk about incompetent.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2015, 07:20 AM   #3
cj's dad

According to a detective friend of mine, it is true..
Old 05-07-2015, 08:39 AM   #4
woodtoo

I'm assuming its the first 2 arresting officers and the knife which the DA. may have thought was illegal,either way a charge of murder for an illegal arrest is more than incredulous.

I watched a CNN interview with former city DA Page Croyder, she had no kind words on how this whole investigation was handled by the DA, none.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2015, 08:55 AM   #5
FocusWiz

If I am to believe some of the "facts" coming out of this story, they did not know the van's actual route back and/or how many stops it made and now they don't know for certain which officers were involved.

I am amazed.

Are we talking about a major city or some hick town? (rhetorical question)
FocusWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2015, 09:50 AM   #6
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6
As for the bolded, it would be stunning beyond comprehension if after a 'careful' review of the facts, that the DA didn't charge the correct people. Talk about incompetent.
I assume he was referring to this:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/mar...504-story.html
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2015, 10:04 AM   #7
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo
I'm assuming its the first 2 arresting officers and the knife which the DA. may have thought was illegal,either way a charge of murder for an illegal arrest is more than incredulous.
I have seen a couple of stories saying that the knife was legal under state law, but not under Baltimore law. The DA has thus far refused to show the knife to defense attorneys. It looks like the legality of the knife is an issue that is not clear cut and would be part of the trial.
Old 05-07-2015, 10:31 AM   #8
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
I have seen a couple of stories saying that the knife was legal under state law, but not under Baltimore law. The DA has thus far refused to show the knife to defense attorneys. It looks like the legality of the knife is an issue that is not clear cut and would be part of the trial.
Her case has humpty dumpty written all over it, this is just the tip of the egg,

I predict she will soon be wearing.
Old 05-07-2015, 10:34 AM   #9
Clocker

Quote:
Mosby correctly notes the “knife was not a switchblade”—but police never said it was.

“The knife was recovered by this officer,” Officer Garrett Miller wrote in the arrest report, “and found to be a spring-assisted, one-hand operated knife.”

Spring-assisted knives open on their own after a small push on the blade by a finger, unlike switchblades, which shoot out with the press of a button.

Despite their differences, they’re both illegal in Baltimore.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...gal-knife.html
Old 05-07-2015, 03:37 PM   #10
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo

I watched a CNN interview with former city DA Page Croyder, she had no kind words on how this whole investigation was handled by the DA, none.
Is it possible that they just "Arrested" everyone to calm the riots but purposely made "mistakes" so that eventually this stuff would get tossed out somewhere down the line due to "poor police prodedure" ?
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2015, 04:02 PM   #11
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Is it possible that they just "Arrested" everyone to calm the riots but purposely made "mistakes" so that eventually this stuff would get tossed out somewhere down the line due to "poor police prodedure" ?
I don't know about the second part of that, but it seems obvious that calming the mobs was very much on the mind of the DA. As I remember, the charges were filed by the DA the same day that she got the results of the investigation, which doesn't give much time for thinking about getting it right.

Alan Dershowitz calls it crowd control, and suggests that the process may have violated the officers' rights to due process. More grounds for dismissal or appeal?

Quote:
WHEN BALTIMORE’S STATE attorney Marilyn Mosby announced charges last week against six officers in the death of Freddie Gray and proclaimed to the city that “I heard your call for ‘no justice, no peace,’” it’s possible that her decisions were based, at least in part, on the understandable goal of preventing further riots. This goal is commendable, but the mean selected to achieve it — hearing the call of demonstrators — raises fundamental questions regarding the due process right of those charged with serious crimes.

No decision on charges should ever be made on the basis of satisfying the demands of demonstrators or under the threat of violent demonstrations. Crowd control is not a proper component of prosecutorial discretion and is inconsistent with due process. Prosecutorial discretion should be exercised on the basis of an objective application of the law to the facts and not on the basis of the impact it may have on the crowd.
http://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/e...LjN/story.html

Last edited by Clocker; 05-07-2015 at 04:16 PM.
Clocker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2015, 05:18 PM   #12
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
I suggest watching the video on utube, she also stated to all Baltimore cops..

" I'd be looking for another job immediately. And as a Baltimore citizen, I may start looking for another place to live."

Also on CCT video released by authorities (camera #2014) Freddie Grey is seen running into an apartment building. Ditching something ?

Then running out into police hands. They probably didn't know at the time.

Last edited by woodtoo; 05-07-2015 at 05:24 PM.
Old 05-08-2015, 08:05 AM   #13
cj's dad

Last night-7 shot-2 dead- all in black sections of Baltimore- ho hum- life as usual- wheres the outrage
Old 05-08-2015, 08:38 AM   #14
tucker6

Quote:
Last night-7 shot-2 dead- all in black sections of Baltimore- ho hum- life as usual- wheres the outrage
Generally speaking, if you act like a savage, is it any surprise that you are treated like one?
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2015, 08:52 AM   #15
woodtoo

Quote:
Texas must be looking better by the day.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: