Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-24-2018, 09:23 PM   #901
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I'm really glad you wrote this. If there was anyone left on this board who didn't think you were a nut before, they surely do now.
I'm happy I wrote it, too, even though it sticks in your craw and maybe everyone else's also As the Good Book says, "Let God be true and every man a liar".

Far better that I seek the praises of God for being faithful to his Word than trying to tickle worldly ears like yours to win your meaningless approval.
Old 06-24-2018, 09:25 PM   #902
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith View Post
This might be the sanest post he's made all week.

Either that or you haven't been paying very good attention.
Old 06-25-2018, 03:56 AM   #903
hcap

The evidence for lower crime rates of immigrants versus native born citizens is supported by many studies.

The two I have listed:

https://www.sentencingproject.org/pu...tive%20Summary

https://www.cato.org/publications/im...rceration-rate
.................................................. .............
And some more

https://www.cato.org/publications/im...egal-immigrant

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/...745-9125.12175

https://www.npr.org/2018/06/22/62254...tion-and-crime

http://criminology.oxfordre.com/view...79-e-93-div1-5

The first is quite conclusive and here is a graph that demonstrates overall data

Source: Brown, A. & Stepler, R. (April, 2016). Statistical Portrait of the Foreign-Born Population in the United States. Pew Research Center, Hispanic Trends. Retrieved from statistical-portrait-of-the-foreign-born-population-in-the-united-states; U.S. Unauthorized Immigration Population Estimates. (November, 2016). Estimated Unauthorized Immigrant Population, by State, 2014. Pew Research Center, Hispanic Trends; United States Census Bureau. American Fact Finder.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-25-2018, 04:03 AM   #904
hcap

More:

The Myth of the Criminal Immigrant

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...tion-myth.html

...In a large-scale collaboration by four universities, led by Robert Adelman, a sociologist at the State University of New York at Buffalo, researchers compared immigration rates with crime rates for 200 metropolitan areas over the last several decades. The selected areas included huge urban hubs like New York and smaller manufacturing centers less than a hundredth that size, like Muncie, Ind., and were dispersed geographically across the country.

..In general, the study’s data suggests either that immigration has the effect of reducing average crime, or that there is simply no relationship between the two, and that the 54 areas in the study where both grew were instances of coincidence, not cause and effect. This was a consistent pattern in each decade from 1980 to 2016, with immigrant populations and crime failing to grow together.
Old 06-25-2018, 07:05 AM   #905
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
More:

...In a large-scale collaboration by four universities, led by Robert Adelman, a sociologist at the State University of New York at Buffalo, researchers compared immigration rates with crime rates for 200 metropolitan areas over the last several decades. The selected areas included huge urban hubs like New York and smaller manufacturing centers less than a hundredth that size, like Muncie, Ind., and were dispersed geographically across the country.

..In general, the study’s data suggests either that immigration has the effect of reducing average crime, or that there is simply no relationship between the two, and that the 54 areas in the study where both grew were instances of coincidence, not cause and effect. This was a consistent pattern in each decade from 1980 to 2016, with immigrant populations and crime failing to grow together.
Meaningless studies. These studies need to focus on areas in U.S. where illegals have their heaviest concentrated populations. And they don't concentrate heavily in 200 areas either.

And again, none of these studies take into account the Obama's Admin. lenient arrest policies for DACAtites. The policy is similar to "catch and release" in certain criminal situations.

And furthermore, the studies should be broken down into the two "Dreamers" groups.
Old 06-25-2018, 07:07 AM   #906
boxcar

Quote:
More:

How, specifically, does immigration reduce average crime? Immigrants get themselves CC permits to keep their communities safe, do they?
Old 06-25-2018, 09:12 AM   #907
Andy Asaro

Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-25-2018, 09:35 AM   #908
Inner Dirt

All I need to know:

Every crime committed by an illegal alien is one that wouldn't have occurred if that alien wasn’t in the United States in the first place.

It is also pretty obvious the studies on illegal immigrants and crime are all over the place, it just depends on who is doing the study. Most of them provide no benefit and are a drain on the economy. The shit hole California has evolved into while their taxes and government fees go up and up is living proof of that.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-25-2018, 09:41 AM   #909
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro
‏ Fox news DHS Sec. Jeh Johnson:
Wed know Obama did deport immigrants. We kmow immigration spiked in 2014. However what we also know is there was no policy to separate families

From the interview..

JOHNSON:

But, again, you can deal with this on the border. You can try different things. We did not want to go so far as to separate families. But unless we deal with the underlying causes that are motivating people to come here in the first place we are going to continue to bang our heads against the wall on this issue.

Another interview

https://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/wa...ist=associated

Last edited by hcap; 06-25-2018 at 09:44 AM.
Old 06-25-2018, 09:42 AM   #910
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
And meanwhile, here's another huge problem the U.S. needs like a hole in the head:

DACA-Eligible Immigrants and Crime

https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...igrants-crime/
Once you are a criminal you are no longer eligible for DACA.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-25-2018, 09:47 AM   #911
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
All I need to know:

Every crime committed by an illegal alien is one that wouldn't have occurred if that alien wasn’t in the United States in the first place.

It is also pretty obvious the studies on illegal immigrants and crime are all over the place, it just depends on who is doing the study. Most of them provide no benefit and are a drain on the economy. The shit hole California has evolved into while their taxes and government fees go up and up is living proof of that.
The 6 or so studies I linked to deny your opinion.
You need to know more
Old 06-25-2018, 09:56 AM   #912
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post

Allan
Yes, but I already debunked this study from the National Review. The conservative, libertarian Cato institute as is the National Review, is more reliable and comes to very different conclusions

The debunking:

In post 810. The author is not reputable

......Lott’s core thesis — that unauthorized immigrants are in fact more likely to commit crimes than other groups — is itself a little shaky. There are some questions about the reliability of the Arizona data Lott used. (A small but nonzero number of prisoners show up in the data as US-born but not US citizens, for example, which is all but impossible.)

There are much bigger questions about whether Lott is interpreting that data accurately. He says his data shows high incarceration among “illegal immigrants,” but the actual term in the records is “deportable” — a category that includes both unauthorized immigrants and legal immigrants who’ve lost their legal status, often because they’ve been convicted of certain crimes.
Old 06-25-2018, 10:16 AM   #913
Inner Dirt

Quote:
All I need to know:

Quote:
The 6 or so studies I linked to deny your opinion.
You need to know more

I do not even have to look at your sources to know they have an extreme liberal bias. If I had no life other than to dig up crap against the party I do not like I could find just as many studies to refute your points as you do to make them. For some reason you do not understand that. If you don't think most studies are biased you are beyond hope. Just like experts that testify in court, two people with like credentials will be 100% apart on their findings depending on if they were testifying for the prosecution or defense.

The only study I need to know that floods of illegal immigrants from 3rd world countries are a drain on the quality of life is the 50 years I lived in Southern California until I escaped.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-25-2018, 10:17 AM   #914
elysiantraveller

Quote:
I do not even have to look at your sources to know they have an extreme liberal bias. If I had no life other than to dig up crap against the party I do not like I could find just as many studies to refute your points as you do to make them. For some reason you do not understand that. If you don't think most studies are biased you are beyond hope. Just like experts that testify in court, two people with like credentials will be 100% apart on their findings depending on if they were testifying for the prosecution or defense.

The only study I need to know that floods of illegal immigrants from 3rd world countries are a drain on the quality of life is the 50 years I lived in Southern California until I escaped.
The Cato Institute is Liberal...!?!?!

I've seen it all now.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-25-2018, 10:23 AM   #915
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post

Allan
Wrong!

https://cis.org/Mortensen/DACA-Grant...-Their-Victims

Try to put in some extra effort to read it carefully, will ya?