Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-20-2018, 05:44 PM   #601
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Why you including me?

I didn't say any of this. I said the administration is largely responsible for manufacturing this problem and could fix it with the stroke of a pen.

Today they fixed it with the stroke of a pen.

Nothing was fixed.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2018, 05:45 PM   #602
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
The details spelled out here... there's no comparison to the Trump policy:

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/im...milies-n884856
"The Obama administration did detain families together — some indefinitely — in hopes of deterring future migrants back in 2014, earning protests and public outrage at the time."

Yeah, I remember all that outrage...

You're hilarious dude.
Old 06-20-2018, 05:47 PM   #603
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
and Trump folds like a cheap tent.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...ion/index.html

Allan
Shouldn't you be cheering him as a great humanitarian at this point? You know...his morality and soul got the best of him.

Oh wait, he has no morality nor a soul, according to you and your ilk, so scratch that idea.

Best to criticize him for doing what the people want him to do...

Like Dan, you're also frickin hilarious.
Old 06-20-2018, 05:48 PM   #604
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
The photos you posted have already been debunked, as the nonsense about it's all the fault of the democrats and the insane zero tolerance policy is always the way it has been.

Shameless myth about Trump’s hated policy exposed

AS the President signs a bill to end family separations, many are claiming it was a Barack Obama policy. This is the rea

https://www.news.com.au/world/north-...f797348018efbf

"If the Democrats would sit down instead of obstructing, we could have something done very quickly — good of the children, good for the country, good for the world.”

Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen, who has faced calls to resign, told White House reporters on Monday: “The Obama administration, the Bush administration all separated families … their rate was less than ours, but they absolutely did do this. This is not new.”

Signing the order to end the separations overnight, Mr Trump said the “zero tolerance” policy of prosecuting everyone illegally crossing into the US would continue. But that could lead to another problematic situation — one we have seen before.

SO WHAT WAS OBAMA’S POLICY?

During the Obama era, some families were separated at the border, but only in relatively rare cases.

Mr Obama mostly avoided prosecuting parents, instead prioritising the deportation of potentially dangerous criminals — gang members, people who had committed major crimes and those thought to pose a security risk.

Most of the undocumented immigrants who arrived would seek asylum, and the policy was to release them and allow them to make an application through the civil court system.

.....Denise Gilman, director of the Immigration Clinic at the University of Texas Law School, told NBC News it was “preposterous” to claim this was an Obama policy.

“There were occasionally instances where you would find a separated family — maybe like one every six months to a year — and that was usually because there had been some actual individualised concern that there was a trafficking situation or that the parent wasn’t actually the parent,” she said.

Families who had been separated “were usually reunited quite quickly once identified, even if that meant release of a parent from adult detention.”

In January 2017, Mr Trump signed an executive order undoing much of the Obama-era strategy, including the priority list for deportations.

Yeah, they only separated one or two families A YEAR...what drugs are they and you smokin? I'm looking to relax, so point the way...
Old 06-20-2018, 05:51 PM   #605
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
Everyone with half a brain knows that separating child from parent should only be done of a last resort.
Why? Children are separated from negligent, criminal parents all the time.

You think it's a good idea to take a toddler all the way across Mexico to get to the USA from whatever "war-torn" country they are fleeing (because we all know everyone coming across the border are simply poor asylum seekers)?

I think it's child abuse. Relying on food and water and shelter from strangers?

If you saw a child on the streets living with their homeless parents, would you allow them to remain on the street, or would you call the police or child services or SOMEONE!?!

I know I would. Then again, I actually care about children, and not who is president above all else.
Old 06-20-2018, 05:54 PM   #606
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
"The Obama administration did detain families together — some indefinitely — in hopes of deterring future migrants back in 2014, earning protests and public outrage at the time."

Yeah, I remember all that outrage...

You're hilarious dude.
Its kinda hard to create a bunch of outrage about it when the narrative from the opposition party is that he's for open borders.

Personally, I didn't like him on immigration and thought he was too soft.

This isn't directed at you but this is the ultimate problem with hyper-partisanship. Its almost impossible to remain consistent.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 06-20-2018 at 05:57 PM.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2018, 06:04 PM   #607
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Its kinda hard to create a bunch of outrage about it when the narrative from the opposition party is that he's for open borders.
Ahhhh...another instance of 4d Chess perhaps? This time by Obama. Nice!
Old 06-20-2018, 06:31 PM   #608
Mulerider

Quote:
Yeah, they only separated one or two families A YEAR...what drugs are they and you smokin? I'm looking to relax, so point the way...
During Obama's tenure around 40,000 children were dumped into foster care after their parents were deported, according to Ruben Navarrette, an open borders, illegal immigrant sympathizer.

Liberals get 'woke' that families at the border get separated
Mulerider is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2018, 06:35 PM   #609
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Ahhhh...another instance of 4d Chess perhaps? This time by Obama. Nice!
No.

I don't think its 4D chess.

Obama followed the policies of GWB and deported tons of people. He also created DACA and did some other stuff.

Republicans called it "catch and release" and said he was for "open borders." He wasn't and it really wasn't. Doesn't mean he was good on immigration though.

Problem then was it would be kinda hard to attack the guy for separating parents from children in some cases when the narrative by Republicans at the time is "he lets everybody in."

Back then if you were a Republican and even mentioned the word "amnesty" you were stoned and labelled a RINO. Shit, we elected the guy was that gonna bus them all out and let the good ones back in...
Old 06-20-2018, 06:40 PM   #610
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulerider View Post
During Obama's tenure around 40,000 children were dumped into foster care after their parents were deported, according to Ruben Navarrette, an open borders, illegal immigrant sympathizer.

Liberals get 'woke' that families at the border get separated
A key note from that post was 40,000 US-Born children.

However, great find and pretty interesting when we remove the petty partisan politics.
Old 06-20-2018, 07:05 PM   #611
Mulerider

Quote:

However, great find and pretty interesting when we remove the petty partisan politics.
The partisan politics are inevitable, and are not necessarily petty. Some of us remember quite well the Simpson-Mazzoli bill, aka the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. Note the word "control." Border enforcement was promised in return for amnesty. Amnesty occurred; enforcement did not. And look where we are now.
Mulerider is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2018, 07:11 PM   #612
chadk66

now were going to find out this had nothing to do with the children. liberals didn't give a crap about the children. it was nothing but election year fodder. As soon as the lame stream media and their minions start hailing Trump for his EO I'll eat my words.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2018, 08:22 PM   #613
Andy Asaro

Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2018, 08:25 PM   #614
Andy Asaro

Old 06-20-2018, 08:27 PM   #615
Andy Asaro