Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 30 votes, 3.80 average.
Old 05-14-2021, 06:48 PM   #7066
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

PREAKNESS EXOTICS

*On a side note-ROMBAUER @ 12-1 was also highly rated on Platinum. CROWDED TRADE is interesting here @ 10-1 ml

Old 05-14-2021, 07:51 PM   #7067
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

belmont late pick-4

When the first leg of the late Belmont p-4 I LOVE JAXSON won and paid $25, figured I had a chance to be really lucky. Unfortunately the other 3 legs were won by cod-lock favorites--the p-4 paid $60.75

Old 05-14-2021, 10:11 PM   #7068
oughtoh

Have you ever looked into play a second ticket with just your #1 & #2 picks? Since your numbers are so good, not sure how many times you would cash twice. Don't know if that would even make any sense.
Old 05-15-2021, 09:30 AM   #7069
sharkey11

looks and smells like a bag job NCG 95% of the time 1st leg bomb produces a better than avrage p4 payoff a friend and i hit one years ago 1st leg was 14-1 an other legs nothin biger than 3-1 shots with a 4-5 in there

Last edited by sharkey11; 05-15-2021 at 09:32 AM.
Old 05-15-2021, 01:20 PM   #7070
OzYank

Platinum Power

Quick question that likely has been asked before I just cannot seem to find the answer.....

When you click the COMP REPORT button in Plat Power it shows each race and the abbreviated spot plays for each horse. Great 1 stop shop to gather some quick info.
I keep seeing this BL appearing on various horses and the Acronym key at the end does not have BL listed.
What does this stand for?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg plat-BL.JPG (33.8 KB, 23 views)
Old 05-15-2021, 02:14 PM   #7071
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by oughtoh View Post
Have you ever looked into play a second ticket with just your #1 & #2 picks? Since your numbers are so good, not sure how many times you would cash twice. Don't know if that would even make any sense.
Hey Ed...how ya doing? I already do what you are proposing, but not as a second ticket. I look for a track with p-4 potential and go with a couple p-4 tickets (early/late) in the 3x3x3x2 config.

Then I'll check maybe Santa Anita to possibly go with the 2x2x2x2. 50 cent ticket is only $16 for both early and late p-4 tries. Be nice if my power #'s were good enough to support a $$$ outlay like that--but, no chance. No ratings are that good.

Hey Oz...that "BL" really shouldn't be on there. The Platinum BL1 and BL2 shows the "beaten lengths" at the start of your horse's last 2 races. It's purpose is to check for early speed, and BL1 is more important than BL2.

It's not really a "signal" or trainer move--that's why I said it doesn't need to be there (since 2/3rds of contenders show it). The work-around is--just pay no attn to it in the comp report. To change it now, I would have to pay my programmer to make the change..then send out upgraded programs. PLATINUM has always been my best seller, even to this day--so there are quite a few folks out there using it.

LOL what I'm trying to say is, the "work-around" is far easier than today making a change. Honestly it's not really a big deal.
Old 05-15-2021, 02:46 PM   #7072
oughtoh

I am doing ok, just have eye problems, so try and play 1 day a week. Found out yesterday that I could play Pim today. Funny thing is that I ask you about a second ticket yesterday and then I do not spend an extra $2 today to play an extra pk5 ticket today. I am my worse enemy.
Old 05-15-2021, 02:58 PM   #7073
OzYank

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg View Post
Hey Ed...how ya doing? I already do what you are proposing, but not as a second ticket. I look for a track with p-4 potential and go with a couple p-4 tickets (early/late) in the 3x3x3x2 config.

Then I'll check maybe Santa Anita to possibly go with the 2x2x2x2. 50 cent ticket is only $16 for both early and late p-4 tries. Be nice if my power #'s were good enough to support a $$$ outlay like that--but, no chance. No ratings are that good.

Hey Oz...that "BL" really shouldn't be on there. The Platinum BL1 and BL2 shows the "beaten lengths" at the start of your horse's last 2 races. It's purpose is to check for early speed, and BL1 is more important than BL2.

It's not really a "signal" or trainer move--that's why I said it doesn't need to be there (since 2/3rds of contenders show it). The work-around is--just pay no attn to it in the comp report. To change it now, I would have to pay my programmer to make the change..then send out upgraded programs. PLATINUM has always been my best seller, even to this day--so there are quite a few folks out there using it.

LOL what I'm trying to say is, the "work-around" is far easier than today making a change. Honestly it's not really a big deal.
Thanks mate yes I have been ignoring it but it was niggling at me in case I should be thinking about it along with the million other angles jumping out at me lol
Old 05-15-2021, 05:39 PM   #7074
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

The best part of this entire production was that kid on electric guitar doing Jimi Hendrix' Woodstock National Anthem. That was awesome
Old 05-15-2021, 06:08 PM   #7075
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

PREAKNESS BEST-FIVE CONSENSUS

Some good exactas today:

Old 05-15-2021, 06:59 PM   #7076
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
*On a side note-ROMBAUER @ 12-1 was also highly rated on Platinum. CROWDED TRADE is interesting here @ 10-1 ml

11-1 Take the Money, Big Guy!!....
Old 05-15-2021, 08:24 PM   #7077
Vinnie

Quote:
The best part of this entire production was that kid on electric guitar doing Jimi Hendrix' Woodstock National Anthem. That was awesome
What an Incredible Talent!! That kid could make it talk. WOW!!

Vinnie

"All Human error is impatience; a premature renunciation of method"- F. Kafka
Old 05-15-2021, 08:43 PM   #7078
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
11-1 Take the Money, Big Guy!!....
I'm better suited for cheap claimers than I am at handicapping rich folks horses. Everyone is trying and going all out, in stakes and graded races. What fun is that?

We were recently discussing using the top-2 rated- in pick-4's. I have a regular $27 pick-4 method I've shown here, for use at the big money tracks -early and late. One track per day. Then I take a look at a couple other tracks, looking for top-2 situations.
I spent a grand total of $7 on the Preakness, nada. I tried Belmont for the $27 pick-4 attempts...and went with Gulfstream for the top-2 $8 p-4 tickets.

Nothing at Belmont, and I didn't make a win bet on Rombauer.
But....

Here's the top-2 late pick-4 @ GPX:

Old 05-15-2021, 08:51 PM   #7079
oughtoh

Wish I would have saw the kid on the guitar. Did the Best 5 at Pim today, only lasted 9 races, but the Best 5 first and second picks hit all 9 winners. Haven't checked later races yet to see what happened.
Old 05-15-2021, 09:10 PM   #7080
sharkey11

congrats NCG nice hit on p4
Closed Thread