Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 30 votes, 3.80 average.
Old 01-14-2017, 06:52 PM   #2431
green80

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg
Be glad when that hot Arizona sun bakes that TUP track into cement.

That is a speed player's dream right there.

Didn't do much @ Mahoning today...and baby needs a new pair of shoes!

Just pretty much sayin' howdy--in the middle of writing up directions and

instructions for EXOTIC.

I never read directions for ANYTHING personally...unless I'm hopelessly stuck.

I say just start pushing buttons--and see what happens

One Christmas Eve night I had to put together a 12-speed bike for my son. I was tired, it was like 4AM--put the whole thing together---found I had put something on backwards--had to take it all apart and start again

You'd think I would have learned to read directions FIRST--after that.
What real handicapper reads directions? I with you man, just start pushing buttons.....then when all else fails, I might read directions.

6 out of 7 days winning days at MVR, then I load up today. Happens every time.
Old 01-15-2017, 08:29 AM   #2432
Cice

Quote:
Originally Posted by green80
6 out of 7 days winning days at MVR, then I load up today. Happens every time.
U and me both green!
Old 01-15-2017, 02:03 PM   #2433
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cice
U and me both green!

I've done the same thing--but with longshot methods. The day I don't play--bombs start dropping.

Start it up again....nada!

It honestly seems like there is some entity controlling gambling--Karma, Serendipity, JuJu, Mojo, ....some force has ordained that only a special gifted few will ever be successful with gambling.

But ..on a lighter note--I joined a new twitter group- I don't plan to post--just look at pictures:

Attached Images
File Type: png twitter group.PNG (100.4 KB, 208 views)
Old 01-15-2017, 02:10 PM   #2434
pandy

It does seem that way sometimes. I remember when I was around 17 or 18 years old, I loved two longshots in the early double at Roosevelt Raceway. I got in my car and it wouldn't start. I had no way to get the bet in. Even though both horses were longshots, as soon as the car failed to turn over, I got this sinking feeling...I was absolutely positive that both horses would win, which they did. I believe the double paid over $100. I would have won about $1,000.
Old 01-15-2017, 02:23 PM   #2435
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy
It does seem that way sometimes. I remember when I was around 17 or 18 years old, I loved two longshots in the early double at Roosevelt Raceway. I got in my car and it wouldn't start. I had no way to get the bet in. Even though both horses were longshots, as soon as the car failed to turn over, I got this sinking feeling...I was absolutely positive that both horses would win, which they did. I believe the double paid over $100. I would have won about $1,000.
Isn't that the truth? Living in California and being 3 hours later back east--I've slept in and missed races I planned to bet. I started betting early (we can make wagers here @ 3AM)...just have no idea of scratches, etc.
Old 01-15-2017, 02:39 PM   #2436
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

I've always believed each track/group of horsemen have their own culture, ways, styles, etc. The reason some tracks fit a handicapper better than others.

This is interesting--the TIP SHEET from Oaklawn today.

Not much there

Attached Images
File Type: png oaklawn tip sheet.PNG (17.0 KB, 205 views)
Old 01-15-2017, 04:11 PM   #2437
green80

If you can find a method that works at Oaklawn let me know. Playing the top late horse today, nothing else worked the last 2 days.

The show bonus must be working at OP, look what the average show payout is, and that is without the bonus. It's higher at the track. May need to come up with a Platinum-Exotic show horse method for OP.

(if you haven't heard OP is reducing the on track show takeout from 17% to 10%)

Last edited by green80; 01-15-2017 at 04:14 PM.
Old 01-16-2017, 06:12 AM   #2438
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Did a few final tweaks to EXOTIC ...mainly the COMPREHENSIVE REPORT.

There were too many horses appearing on the list--so tightened it up a little, to have fewer horses, but better qualified. It's purpose is to give the user a look at horses that rank highly in the "important" categories.

Pace View users will know these categories quite well:

PLATINUM POWER
ABILITY
T/J%
PRIME POWER

These apply to all distances and levels.

So I did some research and was able to assign a "value" to each horse---the TOP horses in COMPREHENSIVE VALUE appear on the list.

-Some things to know about this TIP SHEET which contains the comp report:

All horses in each race are evaluated--any horses that have a large gap to #2 in this "value" report...are shown on the VALUE PLAY list. Many times there aren't any---sometimes three or four (rarely)

What's interesting is that, when there has been just one horse on the Value Play list--so far they are showing a profit--without any further handicapping.

The HOT LIST you already know about--that's not a selection list, but a list of horses that have passed a basic mechanical handicapping screen.
Tom Aislie would have loved this.

The comp report can be very useful ...concentrate on horses showing a "1" anywhere in the 4 categories. These horses are tops in at least one category.

Funny thing is--the horses that top two, three, or all four categories...are not LOCKS to win. Take a look at the ML--there is a reason it's listed immediately following. A horse with several 1's--and is the ML favorite--is obvious to everyone--and a good chance this horse is coming off a big effort. They do win--about as often as the favorite--because THEY WILL in all likelihood be--be favorites.

They are ONLY good for exotics--you'll lose your a$$ betting these to win.

So here's a method for using this report ---maintain a decent strike rate--and if careful and demanding--show a profit.

#1- Any horse on the Comp Report showing a "1" in any of the 4 categories--is to be considered "live"

#2- Of this group--you want to ELIMINATE the favorites for win betting. I bet in advance, so I use a 3-1 ML minimum--as a qualifier. This won't guarantee you won't be betting a huge favorite--but it's better than looking at tote boards all day.

See....if the ML maker --using whatever method he uses--makes this horse less than 3-1 ML--say 7/5....it's no mystery to anyone--and obviously this horse has done something recently to impress the ML maker. (I hope I'm making myself clear--I'm trying )

So...any horse 3-1 or better--showing a 1 in any of the 4 categories is a potential win bet. This way you don't get caught in the "sucker bet" trap of betting even money horses who may have fired their best shot already.

#3- Any horse 10-1+ showing a 1...jump on it. He wouldn't have made the list if he had no chance--the "1" just makes it a more palatable bet IMO.

Here are the TIP SHEETS from Sunday @ GGX and TUP...so you can see what you're looking at in the beginning:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg TUP.jpg (184.8 KB, 322 views)

Last edited by NorCalGreg; 01-16-2017 at 06:15 AM.
Old 01-16-2017, 06:33 AM   #2439
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

This view is after "handicapping" or screening of qualifiers. The actual bettable selections are in red boxes---they're 3-1+ and showing the "1" we need to see.

The horses in black boxes are the short-prices--appearing dominant with their 1's a-plenty.

Incidentally...this report shows all races, unlike platinum- due to lack of pace info--doesn't rate races shorter than 5F.

That $48.00 winner--was a quarter horse. -He made the comp report--then qualified as a prime longshot bet since he was @ 12-1 ML..and showed a 1.

The lone value play also won.

I think most will really like this program. As you can see--like all my other software programs--they're based on fundamental handicapping for "regular handicappers" who want to win, but still enjoy the races and have some fun.

Remember--this is just one method. Play around-do a little research and you'll find many more
Also--there is much more to the program besides this report--you have contenders for all 9 races--handicapped 4 basic ways. I'll show a screen shot next

Attached Images
File Type: jpg tip sheet tup.jpg (226.4 KB, 321 views)

Last edited by NorCalGreg; 01-16-2017 at 06:37 AM.
Old 01-16-2017, 06:47 AM   #2440
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

This is the finished product. Remember PACE VIEW owners get that $10 discount---order from the PREVIOUS USERS page--not the regular order-page. As you can see--there is a lot to print--so we'll get that in there and BAM! Pre-orders will be sent out first, of course-thanks
-NCG

Attached Images
File Type: png exotic bets screenshot.PNG (146.4 KB, 180 views)
Old 01-16-2017, 12:35 PM   #2441
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

MVR TIP SHEET

Attached Images
File Type: png 1 MVR.PNG (169.2 KB, 161 views)
Old 01-16-2017, 12:50 PM   #2442
horseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg
This view is after "handicapping" or screening of qualifiers. The actual bettable selections are in red boxes---they're 3-1+ and showing the "1" we need to see.

The horses in black boxes are the short-prices--appearing dominant with their 1's a-plenty.

Incidentally...this report shows all races, unlike platinum- due to lack of pace info--doesn't rate races shorter than 5F.

That $48.00 winner--was a quarter horse. -He made the comp report--then qualified as a prime longshot bet since he was @ 12-1 ML..and showed a 1.

The lone value play also won.

I think most will really like this program. As you can see--like all my other software programs--they're based on fundamental handicapping for "regular handicappers" who want to win, but still enjoy the races and have some fun.

Remember--this is just one method. Play around-do a little research and you'll find many more
Also--there is much more to the program besides this report--you have contenders for all 9 races--handicapped 4 basic ways. I'll show a screen shot next

Re Golden Gate 01/15/ - race 6 - Pace View angle badpp1/goodpp2 had the winner # and if you also use paceview E1 and pace view E2 the horse is the top E1 and Top E2 (double E angle) for race 6 and the also has a good angle last race 30 days , up close on first 2 calls, T+J 25%........

$1 EXACTA = $57.70 ......... Lots of ways you can use Pace View
Old 01-16-2017, 12:54 PM   #2443
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseplayer
Re Golden Gate 01/15/ - race 6 - Pace View angle badpp1/goodpp2 had the winner # and if you also use paceview E1 and pace view E2 the horse is the top E1 and Top E2 (double E angle) for race 6 and the also has a good angle last race 30 days , up close on first 2 calls, T+J 25%........

$1 EXACTA = $57.70 ......... Lots of ways you can use Pace View
Nice work!
Old 01-16-2017, 06:21 PM   #2444
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Hit 2 for 7 ..the big longshot ran 3rd.

Dutched 2 horses in the same race so most winners possible was 6, but still made 7 wagers--notice the strike rate for the HOT LIST would be 50% by eliminating horses without a 1 showing

Attached Images
File Type: png 1 MVR.PNG (175.9 KB, 125 views)

Last edited by NorCalGreg; 01-16-2017 at 06:27 PM.
Old 01-17-2017, 12:47 PM   #2445
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

ALRIGHT! Finally...after MONTHS of work EXOTIC BETS! is "live" I feel like a kid on Christmas morning with a brand new toy. I love it! Steve did a great job, along with green80 and upthecreek.. and PV users with many good suggestions.

If you've pre-ordered...watch your email. CD Disk orders will go out in tomorrow's U.S. mail.

Here is today's tip sheet (I didn't get scratches)...remember look for the "1's" --but check out any longshots carefully.
Also keep in mind, the COMP REPORT is independent of the HOT LIST...any horses appearing on both are considered serious contenders.

Good luck today--and remember when ordering--PV USERS don't use the regular order page--use the PREVIOUS CUSTOMERS page for your discount

-NCG

Attached Images
File Type: png MVR TIP SHEET.PNG (128.7 KB, 82 views)
Closed Thread