Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 12-28-2008, 10:28 PM   #1
Derbyman32

Who does the best job with virtual stables?

Who do you all think does the best job with your virtual stables. I know Bris, Equibase, and Drf have them.......Your thoughts?
Derbyman32 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-28-2008, 11:14 PM   #2
ralph_the_cat
The people's choice

Correct me if Im wrong, but DRF doesnt send you workouts do they?...

Brisnet is nice because they send you the chart in the actual email, rather than a link....

But Equibase is the best IMO, because they send you the workouts on each horse...

I put a "single horse" in my equibase stable to watch.... and I use Brisnet to enter a trainers name etc that im following, so all of their entries are sent to me with/ the charts etc included in the email document... so i use both equibase and brisnet, if I had to keep one Id keep equibase... they send you early entries too, Im not sure if DRF does now or not...
ralph_the_cat is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2008, 12:23 AM   #3
juanepstein
devo-lutionizing

if you have a horse stabled does it matter that it comes with workouts?

wouldnt that maybe take you off a horse that might win and pay huge if the works arent up to par? if your gonna wait for a horse with nice works then i guarantee the public has seen him/her too and now all you bet on is chalk. not all the time but im sure most of the time.

for me if i stable a horse for next out im betting him. thats why i stabled him. i do look at how he/she looks on the track before the race but thats about it.
juanepstein is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2008, 02:59 AM   #4
cmoore

I use tsnhorse which is the same as brisnet...They have something called stable today which I use...You click on a particular date ( up to 7 days in advance) to see if anyone in your stable is entered. It works for me..
cmoore is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2008, 03:58 AM   #5
lamboguy

i tried them all, i like ubet the best because i use ubet to handicap, i can make notes on why i like the horse, it appears right infront of me with a checkmark and it is mailed to me.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2008, 12:03 PM   #6
Robert Fischer
clean money

i use the DRF one at the moment.
Old 12-29-2008, 01:01 PM   #7
Derbyman32

Thanks for all the information, I really appreciate it
Derbyman32 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-30-2008, 01:53 PM   #8
ralph_the_cat
The people's choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanepstein
if you have a horse stabled does it matter that it comes with workouts?

wouldnt that maybe take you off a horse that might win and pay huge if the works arent up to par? if your gonna wait for a horse with nice works then i guarantee the public has seen him/her too and now all you bet on is chalk. not all the time but im sure most of the time.

for me if i stable a horse for next out im betting him. thats why i stabled him. i do look at how he/she looks on the track before the race but thats about it.
I dont use workout alerts to determine whether Im betting it or not... its more about letting me know where the horse is at... or following a horse that I might have an interest in...
ralph_the_cat is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-30-2008, 06:00 PM   #9
TonyK@HSH

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph_the_cat
Correct me if Im wrong, but DRF doesnt send you workouts do they?...

Brisnet is nice because they send you the chart in the actual email, rather than a link....

But Equibase is the best IMO, because they send you the workouts on each horse...

I put a "single horse" in my equibase stable to watch.... and I use Brisnet to enter a trainers name etc that im following, so all of their entries are sent to me with/ the charts etc included in the email document... so i use both equibase and brisnet, if I had to keep one Id keep equibase... they send you early entries too, Im not sure if DRF does now or not...
DRF does send alerts for workouts- there are user definble options in their horse watch. entries, workouts and/or results. Any combination works

TonyK
TonyK@HSH is offline   Reply With Quote Reply