Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 03-06-2014, 05:31 PM   #1
lamboguy

The Fair Grounds

i would love to bet that track has broken the all time record for off the turf races.

this hombre is not complaining though, i love those races
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-06-2014, 09:05 PM   #2
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Fair Grounds
Old 03-06-2014, 09:19 PM   #3
CincyHorseplayer

Soggy Grounds?
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-06-2014, 10:00 PM   #4
olddaddy

A lot of grass races were taken off last year also. I cant see grass stables going back there next year with tampa and gulfstream as other choices.
olddaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-07-2014, 10:38 AM   #5
howardjim

I read somewhere that the course drainage system had been recently replaced and was not working properly.

You've got to factor in the CD ownership, these days they don't seem to care about much more than the Derby and to a lesser extent Twin Spires.
Old 03-07-2014, 12:30 PM   #6
lamboguy

again off the turf. i seriously wonder why they keep entering every day for the turf there. maybe they are trying to find someone that has been in a coma since Thanksgiving.
Old 03-07-2014, 06:38 PM   #7
RXB

The course is literally sinking-- which is a real problem when you're almost at sea level to begin with, and running a meet in a wet climate during a time of year when the weather isn't warm enough to dry the course all that quickly.

CDI penny-pinchers obviously are no help, same as usual. FG was better when Krantz owned it.
RXB is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-07-2014, 07:05 PM   #8
lamboguy

i think we desperately need for Hialeah to open up their turf course next year and let the Fair Grounds go to an all dirt meet.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:17 PM   #9
olddaddy

I know poly is a dying surface but maybe it would make some sense for Fair Grounds.
olddaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2014, 12:20 PM   #10
Valuist

I don't know anyone can advocate win betting anymore. At the Fair Grounds this past Saturday, sprint stake. The gate opens and Heitai is 7-2. After beating Delaunay out of the gate down the backstretch, the horse comes down to 3-1. Heitai ends up demolishing the field. The win payoff? $6.60. Huge difference between 7-2 and 2-1. This isn't a tiny track with no handle.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2014, 12:35 PM   #11
lamboguy

don't feel bad, i had one over there where the exacta was paying $73 for $1 in the winner's circle, when i got my payoff the sucker paid $49 for $1.

its blowing my mind these days because i usually have these things figured out by now. all i know is i have been trying to stay away from the horses that the conditional wager guys are on, and the ones where the bell bettors are going to find.

of course i don't know where the bell betting is taking place. i do have my suspicions with no proof.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:02 PM   #12
wonatthewire1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist
I don't know anyone can advocate win betting anymore. At the Fair Grounds this past Saturday, sprint stake. The gate opens and Heitai is 7-2. After beating Delaunay out of the gate down the backstretch, the horse comes down to 3-1. Heitai ends up demolishing the field. The win payoff? $6.60. Huge difference between 7-2 and 2-1. This isn't a tiny track with no handle.
I'll take part of the blame for the odds drop as I loved the horse at 7-2. I bet when they were loading and couldn't pass it up!
wonatthewire1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2014, 01:21 PM   #13
Valuist

Best solution? Lock the windows when the first horse enters the starting gate. Bettors will adapt.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2014, 01:35 PM   #14
Tall One
Scum Bum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
again off the turf. i seriously wonder why they keep entering every day for the turf there. maybe they are trying to find someone that has been in a coma since Thanksgiving.

Tall One is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2014, 03:58 PM   #15
BIG49010

Churchill doesn't card grass races anymore at Calder, they will probably do the same at the FG. Churchill 's

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: