Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-02-2022, 01:12 PM   #8221
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
It has evolved since I received the knowledge of how to meditate when i was 21. I am now 67.

The oldest form of meditation is focusing on the breath which is what i do. Breath connects ones life to consciousness. It is a way of controlling your mind from wandering and scattered thoughts. It is a tool to enter "stillness" or "nothingness" which is where God is found within yourself.

It took years before I started seeing any fruits to my efforts.
What is or are the sources of this "knowledge of how to meditate"?
Old 02-02-2022, 01:31 PM   #8222
boxcar

Quote:
Your IQ is 0.
Such an intelligent and spiritually enlightened ad hominem. Are you still seething over your helplessness to see your hypocrisies hidden from your own eyes? Or are you trying to figure out how to get a hold of a love that isn't hypocritical in nature?

But...while I have you here, other pertinent passages have come to mind that teach the absolute [b]necessity[/i] for the Word of God if one wants a true spiritual knowledge of God and a personal relationship with Him.

As stated yesterday, Peter teaches that God has given his elect everything they need for "life and godliness" (2Pet 1:3). Yet, meditatation Far East style is nowhere to be found in scripture.

Now, hear what your "best friend" taught when he was in the house of two sisters:

Luke 10:38-42
38 [i]As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. 39 She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet listening to what he said. 40 But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, "Lord, don't you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!"

41 "Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, 42 but only ONE thing is NEEDED. Mary has chosen what is BETTER, and it will not be taken away from her."
NIV

The four key words in this passage are "one thing", "needed" and "better". Mary, evidently, quickly became so enthrralled, enamored or intrigued with Jesus' teaching that she stayed glued to her spot at his feet listening to Him. Yet, you are like Martha because you have allowed yourself to become distracted with fake, phony spirituality of the world And now, you emulate the Christ-hating Pharisees by spreading your version of leaven to whoever will listen to you. You're not satisfied with Jesus' teachings on true spirituality; for to your unregenerated mind, Jesus' teachings are neither necessary or superior to anyone else's. And this, despite the fact, that Jesus taught that his words are "spirit and life" (Jn 6:63; Rom 7:14), which means his teaching does not find its origin in the minds of sinful men! His teaching came straight from his Father!

John 12:49-50
49 For I did not speak of my own accord, but the Father who sent me commanded me what to say and how to say it. 50 I know that his command leads to eternal life. So whatever I say is just what the Father has told me to say."
NIV

So, Jesus not only received from His Father what to teach, but HOW to teach or preach it!

But these truths have never convinced you, for you have consulted numerous so-called spiritual gurus over the course of your life and, apparently, have given them infinitely more credibility than you do to your so-called "best friend". So, this leads me to ask a very serious questions: What do you find attractive about Jesus!? It certainly can't be his gospel of the kingdom message. And you have already confessed in the past that you think Jesus was just like any other mere mortal. So, this, evidently, lowers him to the level of any so-called spiritual guru. Since you believe so little about what he taught, why do you even pay him lip service? Do you have a best friend in this world who is a sinner like you and I and the rest of the world is? If so, do you distrust him just as much as you distrust the Word of Christ? Or do you believe him...at least most of the time?
Old 02-04-2022, 12:32 AM   #8223
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post

Yet, you are like Martha because you have allowed yourself to become distracted with fake, phony spirituality of the world
This ^^^ is why I say your IQ is zero.

Either your IQ is really zero, or you are incapable of understanding what people say to you or you deliberately skew what people say in order to make them look bad so you will look good. Probably all of the above. But I'll give you another chance to understand.

So I stated very recently that I find God within myself within "stillness" or "nothingness" during heightened states of meditation. That is diametrically opposed to your statement (above) that I follow some fake spirituality of the world. Because:

A)Nobody and no religion or Guru has anything to do with my inner experience. My eyes are closed. There is no mantra, no words or thoughts used.

B) When I experience "stillness", there is no time or space, therefore it really has nothing to do with this world.

C) There are no words or thoughts in this realm. There is only the warmth of God and his wisdom that nourishes my soul. At times, there is light that radiates from God within me. The Light is God's Love manifested physically to me. This love is higher than any human love I have experienced. It is the most pleasant experience in my life.

D) I do not "psyche" myself out to get into this state. Many times I am not in the mood to meditate but do it as a discipline. As a result, I may not experience much. Yet other times despite being in a moody states where I do not feel 'open" to God, he comes to me with his love, opening me up like a flower. This is how I know it is real and I am not psyching myself out.

E) I am not "special" or "better" than anyone because I experience God's love in a pure state. Everyone is capable of going within and experiencing that. It's not a question of "if" but "when" one decides God is what's been missing in their lives.

I am not going to correct the rest of your ridiculous statements about me because it seems just to get you to understand this one point may be a Herculean task.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-04-2022, 12:44 AM   #8224
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Thank you for sharing your experience, Light....

Quick question....Does God share what's going to take place in the near future with you?
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-04-2022, 12:47 AM   #8225
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
Thank you for sharing your experience, Light....

Quick question....Does God share what's going to take place in the near future with you?
Yes, not often, but my son has more psychic ability than me.
Old 02-04-2022, 12:52 AM   #8226
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Yes, not often, but my son has more psychic ability than me.
I'm talking about spiritual, not mental....

What has He shared with your spirit, concerning the spiritual war that the world is in?

Last edited by ReplayRandall; 02-04-2022 at 12:55 AM.
Old 02-04-2022, 10:00 AM   #8227
boxcar

Quote:
This ^^^ is why I say your IQ is zero.

Either your IQ is really zero, or you are incapable of understanding what people say to you or you deliberately skew what people say in order to make them look bad so you will look good. Probably all of the above. But I'll give you another chance to understand.

So I stated very recently that I find God within myself within "stillness" or "nothingness" during heightened states of meditation. That is diametrically opposed to your statement (above) that I follow some fake spirituality of the world. Because:

A)Nobody and no religion or Guru has anything to do with my inner experience. My eyes are closed. There is no mantra, no words or thoughts used.

B) When I experience "stillness", there is no time or space, therefore it really has nothing to do with this world.

C) There are no words or thoughts in this realm. There is only the warmth of God and his wisdom that nourishes my soul. At times, there is light that radiates from God within me. The Light is God's Love manifested physically to me. This love is higher than any human love I have experienced. It is the most pleasant experience in my life.

D) I do not "psyche" myself out to get into this state. Many times I am not in the mood to meditate but do it as a discipline. As a result, I may not experience much. Yet other times despite being in a moody states where I do not feel 'open" to God, he comes to me with his love, opening me up like a flower. This is how I know it is real and I am not psyching myself out.

E) I am not "special" or "better" than anyone because I experience God's love in a pure state. Everyone is capable of going within and experiencing that. It's not a question of "if" but "when" one decides God is what's been missing in their lives.

I am not going to correct the rest of your ridiculous statements about me because it seems just to get you to understand this one point may be a Herculean task.
You're lying through your teeth! You're going to have us to believe that you didn't read any of those voluminous writings you mentioned the other day to learn the "art" Far East meditation!? Why even mention that material if they weren't relevant to you gaining knowledge on this subject.

In fact, specifically asked you in my 8221 about the sources of your knowledge in reply to what you said in your 8217 which was:

It has evolved since I received the knowledge of how to meditate when i was 21. I am now 67.

And you never replied! So...I ask you again: From whence did you get all this "knowledge of how to meditate"? Did you pull out your rear end or learn about a worldly version of meditation from books or tapes or videos or seminars given by self-proclaimed spiritual gurus? In your 8206, you wrote:

You can try to refute what Jesus said that "the kingdom of heaven is within you" but I can give you mountains of verification and literature that the kingdom of God is indeed within you. But I have better things to do.

Were these "mountains of verification and literaterate" written by spiritually enlightened people or not? Certaintly, they must have been written by people who are infinitely smarter and wiser and more enlightened than Jesus -- your "best friend", so called.

What you have never understood in all these exchanges we've had over the years is that I'm okay with your personal, free-well choice to not trust Jesus. You want to spend eternity in the lake of fire to pay your personal sin debt to God, then that is your choice to make. Just understand: All choices have consequences. So, in the end, you will reap what you have sown in this life. My beef with you has always been your hypocrisy, which is so thick it would defy cutting with a chain saw! To claim that Jesus is your "best friend" and yet, believe virtually nothing he has taught goes beyond the pale of mere disbelief of such a claim. Or to tell that all scripture is "irrelevant", but then turn right around and glibly quote some whenever you think it makes your case, Shirley does make a reasonable person strain at your credibility. Even now...you seem to be reluctant to admit that you have placed far more trust in others (who you have never openly claimed to be your "best friend") insofar as gaining knowledge of spiritual truth. I mean...unless you're going to tell us that one day, while you were sitting on a crapper, a Blue Bird of Happiness whispered all the secrets of true spirituality in your ear, then I have to surmise that you gained all this knowledge and wisdom from other mere sinful mortals -- in other words from people like you and I. So...why don't you just tell us who has influenced you the most since your tender age of 21 in leading you down that wide "gold-lined" path of "true spirituality". It obviously was not your eternal, sinless "best friend", so who was it?
Old 02-04-2022, 04:45 PM   #8228
Light
Veteran

Quote:
I'm talking about spiritual, not mental....

What has He shared with your spirit, concerning the spiritual war that the world is in?
What spiritual war? Wars are a product of ego not spirit.
Old 02-04-2022, 05:01 PM   #8229
boxcar

Even Replay, a non-Christian, seems to sense that the world is embroiled in a spiritual war which just so happens to be in agreement with scripture.

Eph 6:10-13
10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood , but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
NIV

One's "ego" has nothing to do with the reality of the existence of the spiritual forces of darkness. And besides, the entire world walks in darkness. Only born again believers reside in Christ's kingdom of light.

Replay, you are far more spiritually aware than our resident meditation expert would have us believe he is.
Old 02-04-2022, 05:18 PM   #8230
Light
Veteran

Quote:
You're lying through your teeth! You're going to have us to believe that you didn't read any of those voluminous writings you mentioned the other day to learn the "art" Far East meditation!? Why even mention that material if they weren't relevant to you gaining knowledge on this subject.
So I am not allowed to read anything that is not Christian or Biblical?

As far as Eastern practices you are obviously clueless as to their protocols. Rather than indoctrinate people like Christianity has with threats of eternal damnation, they emphasize the importance of direct knowledge through experience.

Quote:
So...I ask you again: From whence did you get all this "knowledge of how to meditate"? Did you pull out your rear end or learn about a worldly version of meditation from books or tapes or videos or seminars given by self-proclaimed spiritual gurus?
I can teach you how to meditate in 5 minutes. That's not the issue. Practicing it is the issue.

Quote:
Were these "mountains of verification and literaterate" written by spiritually enlightened people or not? Certaintly, they must have been written by people who are infinitely smarter and wiser and more enlightened than Jesus -- your "best friend", so called.
Even you must see how stupid you sound.

Quote:
What you have never understood in all these exchanges we've had over the years is that I'm okay with your personal, free-well choice to not trust Jesus.
How can I not trust Jesus when he has been a source of my spiritual awakening?

Quote:
You want to spend eternity in the lake of fire to pay your personal sin debt to God, then that is your choice to make.
If God is going to send me to the lake of fire then why does he bestow so much love upon me?

Quote:
To claim that Jesus is your "best friend" and yet, believe virtually nothing he has taught goes beyond the pale of mere disbelief of such a claim.
I believe everything Jesus says. Its you who does not believe Jesus when he said "The kingdom of God is within you". It was only changed to "amongst us" by right wing evangelists in the 1970's.

So I ask, who are you following? Right wing evangelists or Jesus? Your choice is clearly not Jesus.

Quote:
So...why don't you just tell us who has influenced you the most since your tender age of 21 in leading you down that wide "gold-lined" path of "true spirituality".
God and Jesus

Last edited by Light; 02-04-2022 at 05:21 PM.
Old 02-04-2022, 06:25 PM   #8231
boxcar

Quote:
So I am not allowed to read anything that is not Christian or Biblical?

As far as Eastern practices you are obviously clueless as to their protocols. Rather than indoctrinate people like Christianity has with threats of eternal damnation, they emphasize the importance of direct knowledge through experience.

I can teach you how to meditate in 5 minutes. That's not the issue. Practicing it is the issue.

Even you must see how stupid you sound.

How can I not trust Jesus when he has been a source of my spiritual awakening?

If God is going to send me to the lake of fire then why does he bestow so much love upon me?

I believe everythingJesus says. Its you who does not believe Jesus when he said "The kingdom of God is within you". It was only changed to "amongst us" by right wing evangelists in the 1970's.

So I ask, who are you following? Right wing evangelists or Jesus? Your choice is clearly not Jesus.

God and Jesus
Shirley U. Jest. You believe virtually nothing he has said. How can you believe "everything", yet also recently tell us that the ancient scriptures are "irrelevant"? What kind of "love" do you have within you that would compel you to lie like this? Certainly, it isn't the love of God! Don't you know that liars and hypocrites will have no part with God ever!?

Rev 21:8
8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars — their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."
NIV

(Did "right wing evangelists" write the above!?)

How ironic that you quote a text about the "eye being single", yet you are so double-minded!

Of course, I follow Jesus. I hang on his every word (which means the entire bible!). However, this doesn't mean I'm perfect like he is, but at least I know where to find my moral/spiritual compass and who to rely on in my pilgrimage to the City of God. And I know what biblical meditation encompasses, which if far more than you know.
Old 02-04-2022, 07:12 PM   #8232
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Even Replay, a non-Christian
You OK?....This must be a typo, I'll just ignore this.
Old 02-04-2022, 07:33 PM   #8233
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
You OK?....This must be a typo, I'll just ignore this.
Boxcar never actually reads anybody else's posts.

He's too busy congratulating himself in the mirror.
Old 02-04-2022, 07:42 PM   #8234
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Boxcar never actually reads everyone's posts in every thread.

He's too busy
FTFY.
Old 02-04-2022, 11:57 PM   #8235
Light
Veteran

Quote:
How can you believe "everything", yet also recently tell us that the ancient scriptures are "irrelevant"?
Because you must live in the present,not the past.

Quote:
Of course, I follow Jesus.
Hah! That is your self deception talking. You follow your ego and everyone on this board sees it as clear as a bell.

You refuse to believe that God is within as Jesus said. This is the single most important thing that Jesus said, yet you deny it.

What Jesus said is backed up multiple times in the Bible:

1 Corinthians 3:16
Do you not know that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in you?

Romans 8:9
You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you.

John 14:20

In that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you.

Hebrews 13:5

Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”