Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 05-18-2021, 12:09 AM   #1
FoolishPleasure

Angry NYRA and Monarch content management currently withholding signals

It is 2021.

The entire state of AZ has been shut out of Monarch for months on end.

Anyone whom walked into an OtB on Preakness Day could not bet on the race.

Meanwhile, betptc which was recently sold to AUS bookie Winning Points was cut off from NYRA content mngmt tracks. It is like the days of cutting off phonebet because Philly Park was only 90mins away.

This is effing ridiculous.

They are driving people offshore.

No industry craps on their customer's heads like this industry. Not airlines, not used car lots nobody else has such crass disregard,

It is also obvious collusion and price fixing as if anyone in LE would ever give a hoot.
FoolishPleasure is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-18-2021, 10:22 AM   #2
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

betptc sold? I was wondering what was going on with them....hadn't heard their name in quite a while...
Old 05-18-2021, 10:48 AM   #3
ubercapper

This was sent about a week ago.

Dear Customer,

We wanted to let you know about today’s breaking news that Premier Turf Club (BetPTC.com) has agreed in principle to be acquired by PointsBet Holdings (Australia), subject to certain contingencies and regulatory approvals which we expect to complete in the coming weeks.

The deal will allow this major sportsbetting company to expand into the U.S. horse racing market.

We do not anticipate any changes with our operations, as our entire staff has been retained and will remain on board for the long term. The BetPTC Rewards schedule will be unchanged. The BetPTC website will remain the same, however, we anticipate added features and enhancements in the future.

“The combination of Premier Turf Club’s excellence in the space with PointsBet’s mature market Australian racing expertise favorably positions us as we prepare to enter the US horseracing market,” PointsBet USA chief executive Johnny Aitken stated.

Thank you for your patronage at Premier Turf Club. Any questions feel free to email us at info@betptc.com.

Richard Nilsen
Director of Player Services
ubercapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-18-2021, 12:16 PM   #4
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

The common denominator among the race tracks is never ending greed and a screw you attitude towards the bettors.

Has always been that way since the first "other track" race was shown.

It will never end.
Old 05-19-2021, 09:52 AM   #5
sharkey11

wasnt betptc started by a guy named nielson who had worked for brisnet.com ? by the way arnt custmers a nessary evil for any buisness especially public companys that keep them at arms lenth and treat them like musrooms an keep them in a dark room an feed them chit

Last edited by sharkey11; 05-19-2021 at 09:57 AM.
sharkey11 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-19-2021, 10:04 AM   #6
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkey11 View Post
wasnt betptc started by a guy named nielson who had worked for brisnet.com ?
I don't think so...he works for them...but don't think he was a founder.

Ian Meyers was the founder of Premier Turf Club (or one of the founders)...and is a member here, but hasn't posted in quite some time.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 05-19-2021 at 10:08 AM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-19-2021, 12:26 PM   #7
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
Link to Handle Report by ADW at Oregon Racing Commission website:
https://www.oregon.gov/racing/Parimu...s/QT%20HND.pdf

Surprised to see BetPTC volume approximately 59% that of AmWager for Q1 2021.

Thought the two would've been closer - and much higher.

Hate to see the trend - track content being denied to independent ADWs.

Imo, eliminating customer choices is the opposite of how to grow a business.

-jp

Attached Images
File Type: jpg OregonRacingCommADWReportQ12021.JPG (85.4 KB, 42 views)
Old 05-19-2021, 12:45 PM   #8
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Racing is typically an ass-backwards industry.
Old 05-19-2021, 10:43 PM   #9
Parkview_Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
...Meanwhile, betptc which was recently sold to AUS bookie Winning Points was cut off from NYRA content mngmt tracks. It is like the days of cutting off phonebet because Philly Park was only 90mins away.

This is effing ridiculous.

They are driving people offshore.

No industry craps on their customer's heads like this industry. Not airlines, not used car lots nobody else has such crass disregard,

It is also obvious collusion and price fixing as if anyone in LE would ever give a hoot.
You see something similar when local and network signals are sometimes cut off from cable, streaming or satellite providers as contracts are renewed. Greed is the component that's consistent.

My opinion is that while the ADWs are a problem too, you might want to check to see if they are not restricted by some crazy Arizona state law. When I lived there it was a pretty complex set of rules about carrying live racing, and the only other state that seems to have as many problems with signals over the years is Texas (besides, of course the states that don't allow any ADWs).

Where I live now, in Illinois, I can bet on French racing via TVG, but not NYRA Bets, while it's not available at all on Twin Spires. I've been clipped at different surcharge rates between the ADWs, and there was a time about a decade ago where the Illinois Racing Board and horsemen cut off ADW wagering just prior to the Triple Crown, or the beginning of Saratoga/Del Mar - to drive more traffic to the tracks and to the OTBs (where surcharges are even higher). It resulted in me boycotting Illinois racing.

So, in other words, business as usual. Oh - and BTW - Winning Points is a bad sports tip sheet. Good fading material.
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2021, 03:49 PM   #10
FoolishPleasure

Hi Jeff.

100percent on the money. The anti competitive obvious price fixing and collusion s bad for business.

I told my AZ friends to go offshore as I had no other idea what to tell them and ofc I am not going to be their bookie.

As far the above post Monarch cut off AZ. They lost a court decision as they wanted to offer their signal to one of the OTB/tracks (the AZ Downs people and their OTBS YES) companies in AZ but not the other one(Turf Paradise and their OTBS NO). Court ruled NO, obvious anti competitive bullsh1t nonsense designed to put the other OTB company out of business-Monarch said GFY we're leaving the OTBS and tracks in the state altogether. I think phonebetting Monarch via some ADWS may still be possible but I'm not sure. Online is still illegal in the state and I'm not sure if any of the ADWS are offering AZ players phonebetting only. I'm not in AZ, I just have a group of friends there that are very frustrated at the industry's cmplete disregard for them.

and the Marc Lawrence tip sheet Winning Points is not the same as Winning Points the AUS bookie. Not sure if you were jk or not.

Last edited by FoolishPleasure; 05-20-2021 at 03:57 PM.
Old 05-20-2021, 06:29 PM   #11
BarchCapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
As far the above post Monarch cut off AZ. They lost a court decision as they wanted to offer their signal to one of the OTB/tracks (the AZ Downs people and their OTBS YES) companies in AZ but not the other one(Turf Paradise and their OTBS NO). Court ruled NO, obvious anti competitive bullsh1t nonsense designed to put the other OTB company out of business-Monarch said GFY we're leaving the OTBS and tracks in the state altogether. I think phonebetting Monarch via some ADWS may still be possible but I'm not sure. Online is still illegal in the state and I'm not sure if any of the ADWS are offering AZ players phonebetting only. I'm not in AZ, I just have a group of friends there that are very frustrated at the industry's cmplete disregard for them.
I think that first part is backwards. Monarch was happily offering the signal to Jerry Simms and his buddies at TuP, but Simms didn't like that there were a couple of the already few Arizona Downs OTBs in the not exactly near-vicinity of the many TuP OTBs, so Monarch willingly denied the signal to Arizona Downs, which wound up chasing after the ruling that it had to be offered to both at the same rate. That's when Monarch said neither. Then Monarch came back with a deal where they offered the signal to both at the same rate, but wouldn't allow Arizona Downs money to be commingled with the host track (while allowing it for TuP).

Any way you look at it, it's screwed up. I never had to deal with the OTB/phone wagering situation when we lived in AZ, since we were 10 minutes from TuP and always went there.
BarchCapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-22-2021, 11:53 AM   #12
titans1127
Harness racing Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkview_Pirate View Post
You see something similar when local and network signals are sometimes cut off from cable, streaming or satellite providers as contracts are renewed. Greed is the component that's consistent.

My opinion is that while the ADWs are a problem too, you might want to check to see if they are not restricted by some crazy Arizona state law. When I lived there it was a pretty complex set of rules about carrying live racing, and the only other state that seems to have as many problems with signals over the years is Texas (besides, of course the states that don't allow any ADWs).

Where I live now, in Illinois, I can bet on French racing via TVG, but not NYRA Bets, while it's not available at all on Twin Spires. I've been clipped at different surcharge rates between the ADWs, and there was a time about a decade ago where the Illinois Racing Board and horsemen cut off ADW wagering just prior to the Triple Crown, or the beginning of Saratoga/Del Mar - to drive more traffic to the tracks and to the OTBs (where surcharges are even higher). It resulted in me boycotting Illinois racing.

So, in other words, business as usual. Oh - and BTW - Winning Points is a bad sports tip sheet. Good fading material.
In a similar dumb logic, I live in NY and NYRA Bets will only allow me to wager on NY harness tracks and not out of state ones. Yet any other ADW doesn't pose that restriction on me.
titans1127 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-22-2021, 04:04 PM   #13
FoolishPleasure

Thanks for the correction on my getting the entities backwards.

Also, as it turns out the AZ OTBS did offer the Preakness card as a one shot deal. My friends were mistaken. When I went back to them with this information, one of them called and was told it would not be offered and told everyone else the erroneous information.

and this is while things like the below New Yorker piece are becoming more frequent-

Can Horse Racing Survive?

In a time of changing sensitivities, an ancient sport struggles to justify itself.
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...racing-survive
Old 05-26-2021, 06:28 PM   #14
MonmouthParkJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by titans1127 View Post
In a similar dumb logic, I live in NY and NYRA Bets will only allow me to wager on NY harness tracks and not out of state ones. Yet any other ADW doesn't pose that restriction on me.

Dumb logic until you realize that there is a state statute that prohibits out of state harness being taken on their platform.

So there is that.
MonmouthParkJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply