Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software > HandiFast Handicapping Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 02-12-2019, 02:30 PM   #1051
acorn54
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: new york
Posts: 1,499
Rep Power: 20 acorn54 is just really niceacorn54 is just really niceacorn54 is just really niceacorn54 is just really nice
hello handi, hopefully this is only a temporary condition that medical attention will reverse. no matter how bad you feel, always remember, it is only temporary.
acorn (guy)
acorn54 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-15-2019, 07:47 PM   #1052
Vinnie
Registered User
 
Vinnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 1,360
Rep Power: 20 Vinnie has a spectacular aura aboutVinnie has a spectacular aura about
Handi:

Thoughts and prayers out to you sir. I hope that you recover well and quickly from anything that currently ails you. Warmest wishes!!
__________________
Warm Regards,

Vinnie

"All Human error is impatience; a premature renunciation of method"- F. Kafka
Vinnie is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-05-2019, 03:49 PM   #1053
mdb2855
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 5
Rep Power: 0 mdb2855 is on a distinguished road
HandiFast User's Group

Hi All.
Don't know if this is where I should post this.
Have been on here a few years now, but have only now just started to look and see what the horse racing in the USA was all about. And have been quite amazed at the amount of information there is, which is a nice supprise compared to what we have in the UK, though we have started to do sectionals now but only at a few tracks.Any way what I wanted to know, was how do I get into the Handifast user's group, I have downloaded the software but want to get to grips with it, so any help much appreciated.
Thanks.
Michael.
mdb2855 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-05-2019, 08:18 PM   #1054
mikesal57
Registered User
 
mikesal57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NEW YORK CITY
Posts: 2,273
Rep Power: 18 mikesal57 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdb2855 View Post
Hi All.
Don't know if this is where I should post this.
Have been on here a few years now, but have only now just started to look and see what the horse racing in the USA was all about. And have been quite amazed at the amount of information there is, which is a nice supprise compared to what we have in the UK, though we have started to do sectionals now but only at a few tracks.Any way what I wanted to know, was how do I get into the Handifast user's group, I have downloaded the software but want to get to grips with it, so any help much appreciated.
Thanks.
Michael.
Hi Mike and Welcome.....

In the software there is documentation....Look in the folder where it is installed
That should be your start.
To use it you need to subscribe to get data ....
try..... brisnet.com....... under data files....

A big help would be if you had dealt with horse racing software in the past.

Good luck

Mike
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-06-2019, 01:00 PM   #1055
mdb2855
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 5
Rep Power: 0 mdb2855 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the welcome Mike.
The software is easy to understand but, the build race analyst doesn't seem to show up when I enter some info for the points. folder selector comes up but nothing in it at all I have the handi version 10.5 as the latest update.
The files I get via our now deceased friend Raybo's forum of friends which load okay so no problem there. I have the black box version that he made, but don't use it as much as I would like due to family and work, but i'm sure we are all in that boat.
I just was hoping to get to chat about how you sort it all regards what do you put more faith in whether the speed side of it the late call or a happy medium of all of them. Like I said am newish to the racing scene in USA so some assistance in some sort or another would be helpful.
I thought the forum for the handispeeds user group would be the kind of place that might of been able to start me in the right direction with some chats.

Regards.
Michael.
mdb2855 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-06-2019, 01:16 PM   #1056
mikesal57
Registered User
 
mikesal57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NEW YORK CITY
Posts: 2,273
Rep Power: 18 mikesal57 will become famous soon enough
Here is the documentation....

It is clear and simple....
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Handifast Instructions.pdf (367.4 KB, 54 views)
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-06-2019, 03:00 PM   #1057
Longshot6977
Registered User
 
Longshot6977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Central New Jersey
Posts: 1,276
Rep Power: 8 Longshot6977 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdb2855 View Post
....
I just was hoping to get to chat about how you sort it all regards what do you put more faith in whether the speed side of it the late call or a happy medium of all of them.
Michael, if you check the results (.xrd files, which are 25 cents /day/track) and look at what factors were winning, like T/J% or last speed or class or whatever, you can track how each track does. You'll find that some tracks have a higher % of late factors or early pace factors or class factors (always a good one) and can assign more weights to those factors. Keep tweaking and you'll have a great little program that not only helps pick winners, but exactas and tris and supers (we call that vertical exotics in the USA). I haven't used this great app in a while, but I believe the other program used to track the winning factors is in these threads called Handisearch batch processor. MikeSal57 will correct me if I'm wrong and may even provide more info after you read up on these apps. There should be a PDF file in each to explain how they work. Excel will come in very handy too. Good luck.
Longshot6977 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-06-2019, 04:30 PM   #1058
mikesal57
Registered User
 
mikesal57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NEW YORK CITY
Posts: 2,273
Rep Power: 18 mikesal57 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot6977 View Post
Michael, if you check the results (.xrd files, which are 25 cents /day/track) and look at what factors were winning, like T/J% or last speed or class or whatever, you can track how each track does. You'll find that some tracks have a higher % of late factors or early pace factors or class factors (always a good one) and can assign more weights to those factors. Keep tweaking and you'll have a great little program that not only helps pick winners, but exactas and tris and supers (we call that vertical exotics in the USA). I haven't used this great app in a while, but I believe the other program used to track the winning factors is in these threads called Handisearch batch processor. MikeSal57 will correct me if I'm wrong and may even provide more info after you read up on these apps. There should be a PDF file in each to explain how they work. Excel will come in very handy too. Good luck.
Thxs LS
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Reply




Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which best describes your view on ground loss
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2019 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved -- Best Viewed in a modern browser @ 1280x720 Resolution Or Higher
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.