Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-11-2019, 04:57 PM   #16
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks View Post
First, it should be pointed out that people named something like Ilhan Omar are not likely to be found inside the proverbial GOP tent.
And your point?
Old 02-11-2019, 07:49 PM   #17
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Or, to put it another way, this "new breed" of far left democrat GAINED ACCEPTANCE for the first time by a large number of Dems (Bernie led the charge, kind of), and now they are dealing with the consequences of allowing such radicals to grab a foothold in Congress.

Because they are in Congress, people actually pay attention to what they say...including the media, and there is a price to be paid.

It isn't because the Democrats have a superior moral compass or this "staunch purity test" you speak of...that has nothing to do with it...it only has to do with the fact that the spotlight is bigger and brighter on these types of radical far-left politicians, who never before enjoyed the kind of acceptance they have received in recent years...that is until they start showing their true colors.
Honestly....all the "NEW" democrats are total pendulum swing reaction to Trump...and like you said...showing their TRUE colors...like Trump...()...means they'll get shot down eventually....I HOPE....
Old 02-11-2019, 08:26 PM   #18
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy the sage View Post
Honestly....all the "NEW" democrats are total pendulum swing reaction to Trump...and like you said...showing their TRUE colors...like Trump...()...means they'll get shot down eventually....I HOPE....
Wrong! The "New" Demos are stemming from Bernie empowerment...all those freebee idealists. Some just have bigger mouths...figuratively and literally. Slick, non-confrontational Demos just hoping for the 'united' votes!

Also, since when was Trump ever considered a right-wing radical? And, what "true colors" regarding Trump are you referring to?

The only true colors I see blossoming are coming from some of the dirty-fighting libs here...a la Barn32.
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-12-2019, 01:49 PM   #19
davew

Trump says she should resign...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ZgW?li=BBnb7Kz
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-12-2019, 02:18 PM   #20
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
Newly minted democrat congresswoman Ilhan Omar made an anti Semitic remark. Her fellow dems are lining up to condemn her comments.

I wonder if Virginia governor Northam is one of them? Just wondering....

Pretty clear whats going on. The democrat party is definitely not the party of tolerance, to put it mildly
What remark did she make ?
Old 02-12-2019, 02:24 PM   #21
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
You're definition of radical is definitely skewed....
Nope Steven king is a radical with radical, non mainstream views.

Are you saying he is just a misunderstood schlub?

Lol

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-12-2019, 02:56 PM   #22
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour View Post
What remark did she make ?
Troll question. You know what it is (and her history of anti Semitic tweets and comments)

In case you don't know, the latest comment was the one rebuked by Nancy Pelosi. Pelosi knows there's a history with Ilhan and anti Semitism so that may be why she pounced on her.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.c5de1cce54e6

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and the entire Democratic leadership on Monday condemned Rep. Ilhan Omar for suggesting that Israel’s allies in American politics were motivated by money rather than principle, an extraordinary rebuke of a House freshman in the vanguard of the party’s left flank.
The Minnesota congresswoman’s Sunday evening tweet — “It’s all about the Benjamins baby,” a reference to $100 bills — drew immediate denunciations from Republicans and fellow Democrats, especially Jewish members of Congress. Within hours, Pelosi (D-Calif.) and the leadership issued a joint statement calling Omar’s “use of anti-Semitic tropes and prejudicial accusations about Israel’s supporters” deeply offensive and insisted on an apology.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-12-2019, 03:01 PM   #23
ElKabong

another bit of help for POT...

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2019/01...e-world-716896

After being called out in the New York Times for anti-Semitic views on Israel, Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., responded by expressed regret over a 2012 tweet that claimed “Israel has hypnotized the world” while doing “evil.”

But the Somalia refugee who became one of the first two Muslim women elected to Congress in November is also offended she has to expend so much energy putting her remarks in context instead of “disavowing the anti-semitic trope I unknowingly used.
Old 02-12-2019, 03:08 PM   #24
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

I honestly didn't know what she said as I don't follow politics much at all. However, it is what I expected....her remarks were anti Israel, not anti Semitic.
There's a difference.
And I'll never need your help ElKabonghit. Why would I enlist the help of a dropout like you?
Hook em Horns!!
Old 02-12-2019, 03:38 PM   #25
ElKabong

[QUOTE=PhantomOnTour;2430499]I honestly didn't know what she said as I don't follow politics much at all. However, it is what I expected....her remarks were anti Israel, not anti Semitic.
There's a difference/QUOTE]

Take it up with Pelosi, Hoyer etc. Their condemnation denounced her anti semitism . Read it again, then go back to lsu to get a refund on the tuition they took in.
My degree served me well, hoss. Retired in my early 60s, now running my own business as well as helping my wife's business.
Old 02-12-2019, 03:49 PM   #26
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
They really can't win with you can they?

First its Byrd, Byrd, Byrd!

Then Franken, Virginia, this, and others like it start happening and now its... well its because they're so radical...

Where is this same level of criticism when Steve King or your hero Candace Owens starts talking?

Democrats are going after people like this wholesale... call it a purity test... call it marching orders... call it whatever the hell you want.

THEY'RE DOING IT. Republicans aren't.
They win with you 100% lately though, which I find amusing.

Why don't you just go register yourself as a Democrat and be done with it already. You have nothing but good things to say about them...they seem to be your new party.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:13 PM   #27
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
They win with you 100% lately though, which I find amusing.

Why don't you just go register yourself as a Democrat and be done with it already. You have nothing but good things to say about them...they seem to be your new party.
With hero's like Candace Owens' on the right... maybe I should.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 02-12-2019 at 04:15 PM.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-12-2019, 04:20 PM   #28
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Seriously...I'm not sure why you don't.

Hell, maybe you'll even convince me eventually.
Old 02-13-2019, 07:13 PM   #29
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
Ilhan Omar has been pounding on Israel all along.
What did Minnesota ever see in her that they thought was a worthy representative?
She brings shame to the great State of Minnesota!
She is from the area in Minnesota that is the largest settlement of Somalians outside of Somalia (over 80,000). She did a door to door campaign and got many of them to vote for her, which is quite a voting block.

She has had some troubles in US, like marrying her brother so he could immigrate to the USA. Some of her worst tweets are from before she was elected for anything.

She is rather happy for herself and will probably get demoted off of any committee of importance. Look at her questioning (sorry, that was not a question but a statement, I want to keep my time) of Venezuela's envoy today...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartanntp

is that Huma just behind that guy on the right? prepping for Hillary's campaign?

Last edited by davew; 02-13-2019 at 07:16 PM.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-13-2019, 07:40 PM   #30
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
is that Huma just behind that guy on the right? prepping for Hillary's campaign?
They can prep all they want in GITMO......Until rope time comes..

Last edited by ReplayRandall; 02-13-2019 at 07:51 PM.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: