Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 05-31-2016, 11:35 AM   #16
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldiatone
remember when the hockey players destroyed there living room at the ol games/ who was the hockey player for destroit who was not allowed to play in canada cause he was a felon for drug trafficing. big fighter. and the other fellow from the rangers who got a 40 game suspension for drugs. what about Mcsorly who busted his stick over the guys head in vancover.
I think that was the late Bob Probert
Old 05-31-2016, 12:25 PM   #17
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20
Please name me one American soccer player who has been in serious trouble with the law or done something stupid. I can't recall any, so fill me in. Thank you.
Sorry you didn't specify American but lots of Latin and European players have been in trouble, eg. Maradona.
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2016, 12:33 PM   #18
ronsmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6
but I thought soccer was taking over America?

Only good to watch every four years, if that.
I love watching the national teams play, both the men's and women's teams. The women's team is more entertaining even if they are less skilled but MLS is unwatchable.
ronsmac is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2016, 01:16 PM   #19
ldiatone

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour
I think that was the late Bob Probert
yes!

and now in Lancaster, CA.
ldiatone is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2016, 01:52 PM   #20
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6
It is a sad ending. Wonder what he was doing breaking down someone's door at 3:20am that apparently he didn't even know. The homeowner nailed him with the first shot.
The hothead moron chose the wrong state to pull his antics. It's legal to shoot to kill here if you think you're life's in danger. The owner yelled for the guy to "stop", and the moron broke the door down.

The owner was perfectly in his right. To make it a bit more strange, that is an upscale complex. I doubt many had weapons in their home there, the punk picked the wrong door (more ways than one)

I'm no gun advocate (at all) but this is why we have the laws we have here..... Self protection from people that want to cause harm. This clown had heard a man's voice from inside, yet wanted to break in.

as our most former Governor would say.... "adios (pause) mofo"
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2016, 08:12 PM   #21
zico20

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Oh yes because all soccer players are from third world countries.
What are you talking about? I asked for an American and then you didn't give an answer and then you type the above. Obviously you can't name an American soccer player who has had serious trouble with the law, now can you.
Old 05-31-2016, 08:17 PM   #22
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong
The hothead moron chose the wrong state to pull his antics. It's legal to shoot to kill here if you think you're life's in danger. The owner yelled for the guy to "stop", and the moron broke the door down.

The owner was perfectly in his right. To make it a bit more strange, that is an upscale complex. I doubt many had weapons in their home there, the punk picked the wrong door (more ways than one)

I'm no gun advocate (at all) but this is why we have the laws we have here..... Self protection from people that want to cause harm. This clown had heard a man's voice from inside, yet wanted to break in.

as our most former Governor would say.... "adios (pause) mofo"
I wonder when the wrongful death lawsuit will be filed.Because there will be one.
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2016, 08:27 PM   #23
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20
What are you talking about? I asked for an American and then you didn't give an answer and then you type the above. Obviously you can't name an American soccer player who has had serious trouble with the law, now can you.
Someone already named Hope Solo.
Old 06-01-2016, 02:29 PM   #24
kingfin66
Bombardier

This story always makes me sad when I think about it. I used to watch him play many years ago when he was Seattle's junior hockey team.

http://www.si.com/vault/1992/08/24/1...ys-john-kordic
kingfin66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-01-2016, 02:32 PM   #25
kingfin66
Bombardier

Here is an incomplete list of athletes from all sports who have run afoul of the law.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...mes#Ice_hockey
kingfin66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply