Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-08-2021, 11:42 PM   #16
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
With the emergence of the New Year...I have promised myself that I would be more optimistic about things. And, being true to my newly-adopted beliefs...I predict that we'll manage just fine.
I was expecting to be more optimistic because I think the pandemic will be winding down in 6 months, some personal problems of mine are close to behind me, and we might return to some normalcy now that Trump is gone. It's not that I like Biden. I think he's washed up has been that never was, but with Trump gone all the leftists that have been suffering from mental heath problems for the last 4 years will calm down. But when the dems got control of the Senate I became pessimistic again. We are going from the PT Barnum show to a bunch of economic illiterates being in charge and we'll probably be in a war in Syria within a year because "Russia Russia Russia" even though China is the long term problem.
Old 01-08-2021, 11:42 PM   #17
newtothegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennie View Post
They are not taxable income. They are an "advance tax credit" that they are giving you now instead of when you file your taxes.
Call it what you wish, but there is a specific "did you receive" question that has to be answered and the amount put in the box which means I am claiming that income.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-08-2021, 11:58 PM   #18
jimmyb

Congress approval rating takes a meteoric rise from 10% to 12%. Anytime Biden's approval rating takes a dive, he pulls out the Trump card. China blockades Taiwan, Biden becomes a paper Tiger.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2021, 01:37 AM   #19
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I was expecting to be more optimistic because I think the pandemic will be winding down in 6 months, some personal problems of mine are close to behind me, and we might return to some normalcy now that Trump is gone. It's not that I like Biden. I think he's washed up has been that never was, but with Trump gone all the leftists that have been suffering from mental heath problems for the last 4 years will calm down. But when the dems got control of the Senate I became pessimistic again. We are going from the PT Barnum show to a bunch of economic illiterates being in charge and we'll probably be in a war in Syria within a year because "Russia Russia Russia" even though China is the long term problem.
This may be true. But I fear that this group will be more than made up for by the Trumpsters who are now starting to exhibit some distinct mental-health problems of their own.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply