Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 07-31-2014, 03:18 AM   #1
Clocker

Sheila Jackson-Looney strikes again

Representative Sheila Jackson-Lee (D-TX) argued on the floor of the House today against suing Obama, saying that the Democrats never sought to impeach President George W. Bush.

Quote:
“I ask my colleagues to oppose this resolution for it is in fact a veiled attempt for impeachment and it undermines the law that allows a president to do his job,” Jackson-Lee said on Wednesday.

“A historical fact that President Bush pushed this nation into a war that had little to do with apprehending terrorists. We did not seek an impeachment of President Bush, because as an executive, he had his authority. President Obama has the authority.”

Not only was a bill to impeach Bush introduced in 2008, but Sheila Jackson-Lee was one of 11 co-sponsors.
Old 07-31-2014, 04:25 AM   #2
newtothegame

Ohhh come now Clocker,
Just as the Constitution is 400 years old, you know good and well Sheila Jackson Lee only tells the truth!!!
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-31-2014, 06:31 AM   #3
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

She's also wrong on the notion that Bush got us into war by executive action, or "authority." He at every turn got Congress to vote in favor of the action. I don't remember him at any time saying something like, "If Congress doesn't do anything, I will," or, "Even if Congress does something, I'll still do whatever I want.".

P.S.: That list of co-sponsors is an all-star list of Congressional moonbats if ever there was.

Last edited by rastajenk; 07-31-2014 at 06:32 AM.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-31-2014, 10:04 AM   #4
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastajenk

P.S.: That list of co-sponsors is an all-star list of Congressional moonbats if ever there was.
There is one glaring omission from that list: their leader. Lest anyone doubt that Nancy Pelosi is the Queen of the Moonbats, her latest affirmation is her statement that Hamas is a humanitarian organization, and that we must look to Qatar for a solution to the Middle East fighting.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:52 AM   #5
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Full disclosure, do a search - many of us here objected here to Bush's signing statements. We agreed, sign it or veto it - that is ALL he had the power to do.

I believe I called for HIS impeachment for those statement - violation of the constitution.

Jackson and Pelsoi - Dumb and Dumber.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:58 AM   #6
HUSKER55

LIBS TELL SO MANY LIES THEY TRIP OVER THEMSELVES

No Balls.......No baby!

Have you ever noticed that those who do not have a pot to piss in nor a window to throw it out of always seem to know how to handle the money of those who do.
HUSKER55 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-31-2014, 01:25 PM   #7
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
There is one glaring omission from that list: their leader. Lest anyone doubt that Nancy Pelosi is the Queen of the Moonbats, her latest affirmation is her statement that Hamas is a humanitarian organization, and that we must look to Qatar for a solution to the Middle East fighting.
Hamas is humanitarian organization-to the Palestinians. That is how the maintain the support of so many Palestinians. They provide food, shelter and medical care. Of course they are also a terrorist organization and the first does not balance out the second.

Nancy Pelosi did not say-if you listen to the tape-that Hamas was a humanitarian organization, she said the Qataris repeatedly told her that Hamas was a humanitarian organization. When Candy Crowley asked if it wasn't true that the US considered Hamas a terrorist organization she agreed and said that we had had that discussion with the Qataris many times.
Old 07-31-2014, 01:59 PM   #8
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Hamas is humanitarian organization-to the Palestinians. That is how the maintain the support of so many Palestinians. They provide food, shelter and medical care. Of course they are also a terrorist organization and the first does not balance out the second.
Hamas is 98% a terrorist organization. The food and shelter business is just ridiculous.

I am reminded of Castro's famous quote when he was first accused of being a communist. (Remember that my Spanish is not so good.)

He said, "Yo no soy communista. Yo soy humanista."

"I am not a communist, I am a humanitarian."

This was the same guy who appointed Che Guevara as his Minister of Finance. Yeah, that was his real job.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-31-2014, 02:07 PM   #9
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz
Hamas is 98% a terrorist organization. The food and shelter business is just ridiculous.
Israel has discovered over 30 tunnels between Gaza and Israel, and there are probably the same number between Gaza and Egypt. One estimate I saw recently in the main stream media estimated the cost of construction to be about $2 million apiece. That's a lot of humanitarianism.
Old 07-31-2014, 02:15 PM   #10
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

The Palestinians have three choices:

1. Get Hamas out of the Strip
2. Move out themselves
3. Risk dying in attacks

Seems like a no-brainer.
Old 07-31-2014, 02:16 PM   #11
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost
Nancy Pelosi did not say-if you listen to the tape-that Hamas was a humanitarian organization, she said the Qataris repeatedly told her that Hamas was a humanitarian organization. When Candy Crowley asked if it wasn't true that the US considered Hamas a terrorist organization she agreed and said that we had had that discussion with the Qataris many times.
I can't tell what she is saying there. She repeats the Qatar claim that Hamas is a humanitarian organization without comment on the validity until Crowley pushes her on it. And she still insists that we need to work with Qatar to find a solution. Qatar knows that Hamas is terrorist, and we have already seen the futility of working through Qatar. By funding Hamas, Qatar is as guilty of terrorism as Hamas.
Old 07-31-2014, 06:51 PM   #12
dartman51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
Israel has discovered over 30 tunnels between Gaza and Israel, and there are probably the same number between Gaza and Egypt. One estimate I saw recently in the main stream media estimated the cost of construction to be about $2 million apiece. That's a lot of humanitarianism.
They're branching out. Trying to take food and blankets to the Israelis. It's a humanitarian thing, you know.
dartman51 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: