Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 04-19-2013, 10:50 AM   #181
jdhanover

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoofedInTheChest
Go big or go home Trotter! Sorry about that guys...

Looks like the hometown Toronto boys had family at the game tonight, they were putting on a clinic. Tavares, Moulson, and Boyes were unstoppable tonight, this happens every time a local player comes home, the Buds just can't make it easy on themselves.

Looks like fatboy won it for the Jets, just my luck.

One thing about the MVP...
After looking at the contenders, one thing stands out to me, the majority of the high end players are a minus in the (+ -). For me that separates the greats from the not so greats. If you're allowing more goals than you're putting in, you have no business winning the MVP, you're still a liability out there. Someone from the Pens or the Hawks should take the MVP.

This would be my MVP rankings
Crosby +26
Toews +27
Kunitz +29
Kane +14
Nash +13
Obitchkin -1
Tavares -1
Carter -1
St.Louis -3
Stamkos -7
+/- has a lot more to do with the rest of the team being very good or not. I hate the Rangers but on this scale Nash sticks out. Team is mediocre but he is +13.
jdhanover is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-20-2013, 12:33 PM   #182
jdhanover

Isles - Jets game is HUGE...a win and the Isles are a near lock for a spot. A loss and it gets waaaaay too tight
Old 04-20-2013, 05:58 PM   #183
jdhanover

2 MORE POINTS!!!!!
Old 04-20-2013, 06:28 PM   #184
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Kinda sloppy defensively but Tavares saves the day. Big win. Last three games against poor teams so no time to let up. Already looking forward to Tuesday.
OTM Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 08:07 AM   #185
Jay Trotter
CHEESEY

53 Islanders (3)
52 Capitals (3)
52 Rangers (3)
52 Senators (3)
--------------------
51 Jets (2)

Looks like the Islanders and Rangers will make the playoffs based on where they stand currently and the teams remaining on their schedule.

The Capitals play both Ottawa and Winnipeg. Winnipeg and Washington play tonight and a Jets loss would pretty much solidify the playoff picture.

Jim Schoenfeld
Jay Trotter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 08:15 AM   #186
HoofedInTheChest

HoofedInTheChest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 01:51 PM   #187
Jay Trotter
CHEESEY

HA HA...YOU SO FUNNY

Jim Schoenfeld
Old 04-23-2013, 02:28 PM   #188
jdhanover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Trotter
53 Islanders (3)
52 Capitals (3)
52 Rangers (3)
52 Senators (3)
--------------------
51 Jets (2)

Looks like the Islanders and Rangers will make the playoffs based on where they stand currently and the teams remaining on their schedule.

The Capitals play both Ottawa and Winnipeg. Winnipeg and Washington play tonight and a Jets loss would pretty much solidify the playoff picture.
I hope you are right about he Isles, Jay...and I'd like to see them win out and hold the 6th seed. Who wants to play PIT any earlier than you have to?
Old 04-23-2013, 03:01 PM   #189
Jay Trotter
CHEESEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhanover
I hope you are right about he Isles, Jay...and I'd like to see them win out and hold the 6th seed. Who wants to play PIT any earlier than you have to?
In a perfect world.......the Jets somehow catch the Capitals and claim the #3 seed in the East. Toronto finishes in 6th place and what..........................oh, yeah Jets are home to the Maple Buds! Life would be soooooooooooooooooo good if that happened.

Jim Schoenfeld
Old 04-23-2013, 03:07 PM   #190
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhanover
If they win out there's a chance they actually move up to the 5, though Montreal probably won't give it their best in the last game of the season so likely Toronto holds that spot. I just want them to beat Carolina tonight and end the suspense. Not so worried about who they play in the playoffs as a few months ago I didn't figure them for making it at all. I'll leave next year for expectations.

BTW I really love the Jets' logo. It's sharp.

Last edited by OTM Al; 04-23-2013 at 03:09 PM.
OTM Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 03:08 PM   #191
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
In a perfect world.......the Jets somehow catch the Capitals and claim the #3 seed in the East. Toronto finishes in 6th place and what..........................oh, yeah Jets are home to the Maple Buds! Life would be soooooooooooooooooo good if that happened.
That is not a perfect world for Caps fans like me.

In other news, as I suspected, the OKC Barons are actually better now (like last year) without all the young Oilers players. It took a while to get going, but they actually went from out of the playoffs with the Lockout Stars to the 5 seed in the West. Just shows what a team sport hockey can be.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 03:40 PM   #192
ceejay

Quote:
In my perfect world the Ranger$ would not qualify and the Islanders would. But, I am not looking for perfection and will be completely happy if simply the Islanders qualify.
ceejay is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 03:53 PM   #193
HoofedInTheChest

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj

In other news, as I suspected, the OKC Barons are actually better now (like last year) without all the young Oilers players. It took a while to get going, but they actually went from out of the playoffs with the Lockout Stars to the 5 seed in the West. Just shows what a team sport hockey can be.
Not to worry cj, Trotter is dreaming! You have to actually have a playoff spot before you can mention the Leafs in a matchup. The Jets might squeak into the 8th spot, only to play the Pens in the first round, good luck with that. Washington still has a game in hand over the Jets, mind you they might do the Jets a favor by beating the Sens, but tonight should be the final nail in the coffin for the Peggers. The Loafs have an easy week, there's no chance of moving down.

Leafs/Habs in the first round.

HoofedInTheChest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 05:12 PM   #194
ldiatone

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoofedInTheChest
Go big or go home Trotter! Sorry about that guys...

Looks like the hometown Toronto boys had family at the game tonight, they were putting on a clinic. Tavares, Moulson, and Boyes were unstoppable tonight, this happens every time a local player comes home, the Buds just can't make it easy on themselves.

Looks like fatboy won it for the Jets, just my luck.

One thing about the MVP...
After looking at the contenders, one thing stands out to me, the majority of the high end players are a minus in the (+ -). For me that separates the greats from the not so greats. If you're allowing more goals than you're putting in, you have no business winning the MVP, you're still a liability out there. Someone from the Pens or the Hawks should take the MVP.

This would be my MVP rankings
Crosby +26
Toews +27
Kunitz +29
Kane +14
Nash +13
Obitchkin -1
Tavares -1
Carter -1
St.Louis -3
Stamkos -7
"OBITCHKIN" (did you mean to type this )

and now in Lancaster, CA.
ldiatone is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2013, 05:47 PM   #195
Track Collector
Grinding at a Poker Table

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Me too! Big night for the Caps. I'm excited, but very nervous.

While the Caps have been on fire the last 10 games, the Jets just keep winning and have not gone away. It's nice to play at home with the crowd behind you and the benefit of the last line change.

Jets are coming off a road game last night, but I'm sure they will be fired up with their playoff hopes on the line.
Track Collector is offline   Reply With Quote Reply