Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 05-20-2009, 08:00 PM   #1
lamboguy

i just hit a race and didn't get paid

i was going to collect on the second race at penn national, they told me i can't collect due to technical difficulties. i was going to collect aboout $800.

i called the mutual department, they told i am out of luck. i told the girl i know a little about luck because i got plenty of bad luck, i know they take my money when i lose, she told me it was my fault that i bet the race and i should know better!!
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2009, 08:13 PM   #2
Rook

I am also steaming mad about this. I had a winning $3 tri and since the $2 exacta was going to pay $220, I was gypped about $1k. 22 years of betting horses and you think you've seen it all and then something like this happens to prove that racing can hit new lows.

Now when the race is finished, I won't have to worry about just DQs, I'll have tote malfunctions in the back of my mind even after the race is declared official
Rook is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2009, 08:24 PM   #3
BillW
Comfortably Numb

Did you guys ever think that the tracks are just getting paranoid about keeping quiet about what has been happening all along? I doubt that the tote system has been pristine all along and is suddenly having problems.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:33 PM   #4
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rook
I am also steaming mad about this. I had a winning $3 tri and since the $2 exacta was going to pay $220, I was gypped about $1k. 22 years of betting horses and you think you've seen it all and then something like this happens to prove that racing can hit new lows.

Now when the race is finished, I won't have to worry about just DQs, I'll have tote malfunctions in the back of my mind even after the race is declared official
i guess this is a new one, the people that work at the track can now claim a tote malfunction if one of their buddies loses a big bet on the race.

if you bet with an adw, i think you will get paid eventually. i am not sure if there is any precedent for this. i only now its not right from any perspective.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:35 PM   #5
maxwell

Lambo,

The "girl" actually told you it was your own fault? That you should have known better?

Known what?
maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2009, 08:38 PM   #6
DeadHeat

I myself have never seen that happen but I really feel for you guys.
DeadHeat is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2009, 08:46 PM   #7
lamboguy

they are not answering the phone at the mutual department now. they truly screwed up, they are going to have to pay all the winners otherwise i am going to make sure they lose their gambling license to run the slot machines in that joint.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:47 PM   #8
point given

Sounds like you got a good country musc song title there or maybe a blues riff.

I just won the tri,fecta and didn't get paid. ooo, ooo baby........ they said it was the tote, but baby I Know that note, and its the horseplayer blues for me.......
point given is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2009, 08:51 PM   #9
DeanT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillW
Did you guys ever think that the tracks are just getting paranoid about keeping quiet about what has been happening all along? I doubt that the tote system has been pristine all along and is suddenly having problems.
You mean those horses who get an easy lead and drop from 9-5 to 6-5 might not be getting hit by sharp simo money on the pool dump? Say it aint so.
DeanT is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2009, 08:58 PM   #10
BUD

I would get in touch with your states DA in the Morning--Try to talk to an ADA not an adman. they should direct you to an atty who understands states gambling laws.. Also call the DA of the State the Race track is in--800 bucks-that is something worth persuing.

If they took your money and you legit win. there is no you shoulda known better---they took your C@sh---
BUD is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2009, 09:01 PM   #11
oexplayer68

Sorry for you guys who lost out. I am pretty sure what happened is that some of the machines didn't shut off, because that exacta dropped to only $92 after the last batch of money came in. It was definitely over $200 prior to that, and with a 7-1 over an 11-1 $92 looked extremely suspicious to me, and somewhere some way I am sure there was some past-posting going on.

They don't call this place the Pig Penn for nothing.
oexplayer68 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2009, 09:47 PM   #12
andymays
Veteran

Make noise and shake the tree! Contact local media and whoever is in charge(in CA it's the CHRB) . Copy and paste the transaction from your account and send some emails out.

This stuff is totally unacceptable. Make a good effort and even if you aren't successfull in getting the money that is rightfully yours(and I hope you get it), your effort may help prevent this from happening to someone else in the future.

Try to shine as much light as possible on this situation. As Horseplayers we will all be better off from your effort.

Good Luck,

Andy
andymays is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2009, 09:51 PM   #13
magwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanT
You mean those horses who get an easy lead and drop from 9-5 to 6-5 might not be getting hit by sharp simo money on the pool dump? Say it aint so.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:15 PM   #14
Rook

Oexplayer is right. The winning exacta was pounded down from $220 to $92 after the race went off. Woodbine's HPI still had the $220 price when the race was declared official but hours afterwards, their exacta grid, which is still up, shows the pounded down price. I have never seen their grid change prices like that before. It's typical of the industry that they expect the horseplayer to pay for their incompetence.
Rook is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2009, 10:26 PM   #15
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by magwell
i just got hold of the mutual office, they explained to me that the race wasn't made official.i said oh really?

the guy said yes everyone got their money refunded to him. i then asked him since the race wasn't official then the people that had purse distributions coming to them didn't get paid he either. he said hell no they got paid. then i said the race was official enough to pay the purse but not official enough to pay me for my winning wagers? he answered, you got that right pal.