Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 05-23-2009, 09:41 PM   #1
Relwob Owner

Did They Put the Wrong Horse On Top????

In the 6th race at Charlestown last night(May 22), there was a photo between the 9 on the inside and the 3 on the outside. It looks like the 9 won by a nose but they put the 3 up. I have never seen anything like this and wanted to get more opinions on it. If anyone has the time to look at the replay, let me know what you think!

Last edited by Relwob Owner; 05-23-2009 at 09:46 PM.
Relwob Owner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-23-2009, 09:48 PM   #2
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Do you have an image of the photo? That is all that really matters, not how it looks on replay.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-23-2009, 09:52 PM   #3
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

I was watching last night, so I've watched the replay 15 times now. In my opinion, the video tells the whole story. If you watch it, you won't believe the photo.
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-23-2009, 09:52 PM   #4
Relwob Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Do you have an image of the photo? That is all that really matters, not how it looks on replay.

I know and I have looked at the Youbet photo but honestly, I am not buying the photo either....the people I know up at CT say that everyone is talking about it and wondering how it happened.

There should be a photo on most replay sites. The one on Youbet looks like a dead heat at first galnce but if you look at the replay, I think you wont believe the photo either....
Old 05-23-2009, 10:03 PM   #5
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

I watched, but I've been fooled by replays before. I have not seen the photo, but it really doesn't lie.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-23-2009, 10:06 PM   #6
Relwob Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
I watched, but I've been fooled by replays before. I have not seen the photo, but it really doesn't lie.

Most places maybe not. However, once up there, the photo line was crooked Also, I believe they just had some new "laser" photo device put in up there and after watching that replay, i am not trusting it too much.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:06 PM   #7
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
From the video, who did you think won the race? I didn't even think it was close - I even used pause mode on Real Player, stopping the race every few inches near the finish and the 3 just wasn't ahead. I watch CT all the time and I know the camera angle. This is the weirdest thing I've ever seen.
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-23-2009, 10:28 PM   #8
Imriledup

Can someone put the video on youtube and post a link so we can all see it? I dont have access to charlestown replays to my knowledge.

Thanks.
Imriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-23-2009, 10:52 PM   #9
Relwob Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imriledup
Can someone put the video on youtube and post a link so we can all see it? I dont have access to charlestown replays to my knowledge.

Thanks.

I wish I knew how to do it....,if anyone can, that would be great!
Old 05-24-2009, 09:58 AM   #10
Citation1947

This isnt nothing. I once witnessed a race up north, back in the eighties where the big favourite won by over a length and a 99/1 shot ran second. It was the last race with superfecta wagering. The ONLY race at the time which the track offered it.
There were no claims of foul. No steward inquiry. No disqualifications. No nothing. Just an immediate posting of the race being official and the payoffs.

The only problem was, they put the 99/1 shot up on top. They failed to show any replay whatsoever. But what they did do however, after showing the payoffs on the screen, was put a bogus photo finish pic up showing the 99/1 winning over the favourite by over a length. The fans went nuts, booing. You could hear them up there from the track kitchen. Not very happy campers, or bettors.
We went up there a few days later to see if we could take a look at or get a copy of the race and the guy that makes copies of the videos said that unfortunetely they didnt have that race because the recording system had messed up or something. Go figure.
Citation1947 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2009, 12:01 PM   #11
kyle2227

I would like to see this race as well a youtube video would be great if someone could post it.
kyle2227 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2009, 12:26 PM   #12
Relwob Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citation1947
This isnt nothing. I once witnessed a race up north, back in the eighties where the big favourite won by over a length and a 99/1 shot ran second. It was the last race with superfecta wagering. The ONLY race at the time which the track offered it.
There were no claims of foul. No steward inquiry. No disqualifications. No nothing. Just an immediate posting of the race being official and the payoffs.

The only problem was, they put the 99/1 shot up on top. They failed to show any replay whatsoever. But what they did do however, after showing the payoffs on the screen, was put a bogus photo finish pic up showing the 99/1 winning over the favourite by over a length. The fans went nuts, booing. You could hear them up there from the track kitchen. Not very happy campers, or bettors.
We went up there a few days later to see if we could take a look at or get a copy of the race and the guy that makes copies of the videos said that unfortunetely they didnt have that race because the recording system had messed up or something. Go figure.

Wow. Here, they didnt show a photo immediately after the race was official, which they normally do. There is a photo on YouBet but I just cant believe it after watching the replay several times. Thanks for the info in terms of showing that these things do happen, in spite of what the photo appears to indicate.

Last edited by Relwob Owner; 05-24-2009 at 12:32 PM.
Old 05-24-2009, 12:32 PM   #13
comet52

Ahh, the crookedness of racing. Just another new example of something that goes on all the time. And people wonder why the game is dead
comet52 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2009, 12:36 PM   #14
justin13892002
Veteran

I just watched the replay. The 3 did win on the head-bob. At first, I was looking at the pole as the line, but after seeing the actual line a little to the left, and re-watched it, it looks as though the 3 did hold on barely. It was very close though and could have gone either way.....

Just my eyes opinion.
justin13892002 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2009, 12:41 PM   #15
justin13892002
Veteran

Although this is a little AFTER the line, it was with the 9 driving.

The 3 bobbed JUST RIGHT at the line, as i see
Attached Files
File Type: doc Doc1.doc (96.5 KB, 86 views)
justin13892002 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply