Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 10-16-2016, 08:19 PM   #1
thespaah

Parx race 5 10/16

Now I have seen it all..This horse the leads just about every call.
In the stretch under urging, the horse starts to lug in. Then at the sixteenth pole veers inward more sharply. with about 70 yards to go, the rider bails.....
I don't know if the saddle slipped or the rider lost the irons. Its not easy to tell.
It could be the jockey saw the fence coming and decided he did not want to go through it and simply jumped off the horse.
I have no idea.
Anyway, the video replay is available here
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-raci...-results..Just scroll down until you see Parx Race 5......
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-16-2016, 08:52 PM   #2
infrontby1

Link you provided is not working.

At any rate, you can actually see the head on in the stretch and it appears that the horse veered in sharply probably form being over whipped excessively on one side and the jockey lost his momentum.

An experienced rider would've overcame this feat (or one with kahoonas would've held on to those reins, at least to the finish line)
infrontby1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-16-2016, 09:34 PM   #3
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by infrontby1
Link you provided is not working.

At any rate, you can actually see the head on in the stretch and it appears that the horse veered in sharply probably form being over whipped excessively on one side and the jockey lost his momentum.

An experienced rider would've overcame this feat (or one with kahoonas would've held on to those reins, at least to the finish line)
ok, try this.
go to bloodhorse.com. click "racing".....Let the page load. Then scroll down to "more results and video"...Click that...Scroll down to find the race
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-17-2016, 11:03 AM   #4
Helles

I was counting my money. 22/1! I got this!

When I yelled, "Oh sh*t!", I yelled it loud enough to make my wife think I had dropped a safe on my foot.
Helles is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-17-2016, 05:26 PM   #5
AskinHaskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespaah
It could be the jockey saw the fence coming and decided he did not want to go through it and simply jumped off the horse.

That is an absurd conclusion.

The head-on version of the replay clearly shows that the last 'juke' by the horse (while the rider was still aboard) was enough to dislodge most any rider who wasn't expecting the sideways motion.

And there was no excessive whipping involved either.

(the horse had been lugging out, and it is only logical that the right-handed whipping be applied to try to correct that...)
AskinHaskin is offline   Reply With Quote Reply