Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-13-2016, 10:14 PM   #106
infrontby1

"Horse racing was my first love"

-Vic Stauffer @ Hollywood Park, 2005

Last edited by infrontby1; 08-13-2016 at 10:18 PM.
infrontby1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2016, 10:28 PM   #107
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodoyoulike
As I said you should be writing to the Hanes underwear company that they wasted spending all that advertising money on a very successful ad campaign because you said so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfvEBqJpr1w
100% incoherent post, written to the wrong person.....No big deal, it's par for you.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2016, 10:33 PM   #108
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfin66
Yes and you can blame me some for asking an OT question and blame whodoyoulike a lot for the underwear specifically and any thing else you would like to pile on generally.

Vic, here is another question for you. Did you see Manson?
Manson is not at San Quentin.

He's been at Corcoran for many years.

The only "infamous" inmate I know for sure incarcerated at San Quentin is Scott Peterson.

Even that's more than I care to know.

We are told not to engage in any conversations with the inmates other than simple courtesies.

I probably now know maybe 50 guys. From fellow refs, score keepers, coaches and the players. All 50 I know only by nickname.
Old 08-13-2016, 10:38 PM   #109
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer
I probably now know maybe 50 guys. From fellow refs, score keepers, coaches and the players. All 50 I know only by nickname.
Do they know your nickname is "Goof on the roof"? Or must they address you as "Sir Goof"?
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2016, 12:19 AM   #110
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Manson is not at San Quentin.

He's been at Corcoran for many years.

The only "infamous" inmate I know for sure incarcerated at San Quentin is Scott Peterson.

Even that's more than I care to know.

We are told not to engage in any conversations with the inmates other than simple courtesies.

Did not know that.
kingfin66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2016, 10:41 AM   #111
mountainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfin66
Yes and you can blame me some for asking an OT question and blame whodoyoulike a lot for the underwear specifically and any thing else you would like to pile on generally.

Vic, here is another question for you. Did you see Manson?
I have a friend who worked as an orderly cleaning Manson's cell block. They became friendly, shot the breeze concerning my friend's grandmother, who had raised him, and my friend began sharing his snack stash-candy bars etc-with Manson.

Manson's response was to demand other "food" favors, or he would "send a few people to visit a certain old lady in WV."

My friend is nobody to trifle with. So one day he "rebuked" Manson-severely- with a broom handle to the face . No mystique or real menace, just a delusional, self- aggrandizing idiot. Who never threatened my friend again.

Last edited by mountainman; 08-14-2016 at 10:46 AM.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2016, 12:40 PM   #112
olddaddy

Quote:
The only way my stripes days will be over is if they drag me kicking and screaming off the court.

Did two great games today at San Quentin prison.

Will admit I'm paying for that right now. Their courts are outdoors and concrete.

You are tough young man.
olddaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2016, 01:20 PM   #113
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman
I have a friend who worked as an orderly cleaning Manson's cell block. They became friendly, shot the breeze concerning my friend's grandmother, who had raised him, and my friend began sharing his snack stash-candy bars etc-with Manson.

Manson's response was to demand other "food" favors, or he would "send a few people to visit a certain old lady in WV."

My friend is nobody to trifle with. So one day he "rebuked" Manson-severely- with a broom handle to the face . No mystique or real menace, just a delusional, self- aggrandizing idiot. Who never threatened my friend again.
More like a psychotic, sociopath murderer (okay, he did not technically kill anyone, but still). The rebuke sounds reasonable to me.
kingfin66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2016, 01:34 PM   #114
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman

2M, remember when Garth Brooks sang his monumental hit, signature lyrics,

.... So, I got friends in low places?

It sounds like you've got a good one! One who takes nothing off of a parasitic, predatory, ruthless, now insignificant, withering psychopath who should have been executed decades ago. ... I hope that grandmother is still alive and well today.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2016, 01:46 PM   #115
mountainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits
2M, remember when Garth Brooks sang his monumental hit, signature lyrics,

.... So, I got friends in low places?

It sounds like you've got a good one! One who takes nothing off of a parasitic, predatory, ruthless, now insignificant, withering psychopath who should have been executed decades ago. ... I hope that grandmother is still alive and well today.
Nice to hear from you, lady.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2016, 02:38 PM   #116
Donttellmeshowme
Veteran

Quote:
The only way my stripes days will be over is if they drag me kicking and screaming off the court.

Did two great games today at San Quentin prison.

Will admit I'm paying for that right now. Their courts are outdoors and concrete.

So did you give out any technicals?
Donttellmeshowme is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2016, 03:37 PM   #117
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donttellmeshowme
So did you give out any technicals?
And if you did, do they put em in a box court side for ten minutes ala Cool Hand Luke?

Shakin over here boss!
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply