Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

View Poll Results: So far in 2011, who is the best 3yo colt?
Animal Kingdom 28 40.58%
Shackleford 13 18.84%
Ruler On Ice 2 2.90%
None of the above (please explain) 7 10.14%
Too unclear up to now - I'll wait and see 19 27.54%
Voters: 69. This poll is closed

Old 06-14-2011, 01:48 AM   #1
horses4courses

Best 3yo so far?

Which 3yo has impressed you the most so far in 2011, and would get your vote for the champion 3yo in the HOTY awards?
chance of returning to the WH, assuming that
he can manage to stay out of prison. Think about it.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-14-2011, 08:18 AM   #2
lamboguy

the thing that was great about this 3 yo season was that 7 horses form the kentucky derby started in the belmont. maybe something that hasn't run yet as a 3 yo will step up to the plate and be the best 3 yo by the end of the year.

to pick from what ran in the belmont would be very tough due to aniaml kingdom losing his iron's, nehro running with chips and shackleford being compromised by the weather and post position that day. i know that is pretty weak arguement for shackleford because great horse are supposed to overcome obstacles. these horses were all so even that any edge makes one look better than the other.

if you asked me who i would have to vote for right now, it would be a horse that didn't run in the triple crown FRANKLE, he hasn't gone that far and really hasn't been tested. he runs at royal ascot later so we will know more about him then,
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-14-2011, 08:30 AM   #3
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Need more choices like The Factor and R Heat Lightning
Old 06-14-2011, 09:21 AM   #4
toussaud

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
the thing that was great about this 3 yo season was that 7 horses form the kentucky derby started in the belmont. maybe something that hasn't run yet as a 3 yo will step up to the plate and be the best 3 yo by the end of the year.

to pick from what ran in the belmont would be very tough due to aniaml kingdom losing his iron's, nehro running with chips and shackleford being compromised by the weather and post position that day. i know that is pretty weak arguement for shackleford because great horse are supposed to overcome obstacles. these horses were all so even that any edge makes one look better than the other.

if you asked me who i would have to vote for right now, it would be a horse that didn't run in the triple crown FRANKLE, he hasn't gone that far and really hasn't been tested. he runs at royal ascot later so we will know more about him then,

this is one of throse years that at this point, had he run over here one time this year, i would have no qualms at all about giving him horse of the year. the name/sentiment, the fact we have no standouts and the fact that he is just unreal
toussaud is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-14-2011, 06:48 PM   #5
CincyHorseplayer

That all of these horses are so lightly raced,none of them are even seasoned til the Triple Crown is over.I think in this day and age that it's unfair to judge a crop til the end of the year.Unfortunately they'll likely be baby makers by that point.Or soon to be whisked off.I'd like to see all these connections get their Irish up and run in the Travers.
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2011, 11:50 AM   #6
exiles
Veteran

[QUOTE=horses4courses]Which 3yo has impressed you the most so far in 2011, and would get your vote for the champion 3yo in the HOTY awards?[/QU

UNCLE MOE
exiles is offline   Reply With Quote Reply