Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 03-28-2016, 10:26 PM   #1
horses4courses

Romans ‘Sick Of What’s Happened’ To US Racing, Pursues Training In Hong Kong

High profile trainer has had enough.

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/pe...HVF0HQ.twitter
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-28-2016, 10:46 PM   #2
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

I wish him the best of luck. Hope they take him in and when he does get in, he can clarify his statements a bit more.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-28-2016, 11:02 PM   #3
bello
Veteran

“I'm a horseman and I think races should be won by the better horseman, not something else"

What do you think he means by these remarks? Is he some sort of conspiracy fanatic?
bello is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-28-2016, 11:03 PM   #4
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by bello
“I'm a horseman and I think races should be won by the better horseman, not something else"

What do you think he means by these remarks? Is he some sort of conspiracy fanatic?
I hope he doesn't post on PA under some assumed name. The people in the know here will set him straight and blast him to smitherines for even thinking such outlandish and WILD thoughts.

They'll tell him he's a loser and making crap up.
Old 03-28-2016, 11:05 PM   #5
Kash$
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
I wish him the best of luck. Hope they take him in and when he does get in, he can clarify his statements a bit more.
Great trainer ....Good for him

HK trainers must tell the public there intend before the race 85% of US trainers wouldnt be able to train in HK for that reason alone
Kash$ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-28-2016, 11:09 PM   #6
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash$
Great trainer ....Good for him

HK trainers must tell the public there intend before the race 85% of US trainers wouldnt be able to train in HK for that reason alone
Isn't it expected that if a speed horse will be taken off the pace there, that they announce it before the race? Or am I thinking of somewhere else?

Also, don't they question a trainer if a longshot wins there and shows marked improvement? Or is that again, somewhere else?
Old 03-28-2016, 11:15 PM   #7
Kash$
Veteran

Quote:
Isn't it expected that if a speed horse will be taken off the pace there, that they announce it before the race? Or am I thinking of somewhere else?

Also, don't they question a trainer if a longshot wins there and shows marked improvement? Or is that again, somewhere else?
Yep,

Mr.Navarro how did.your $6,500 claimer from Monmouth just break a record for 6f that hasnt been broken in 50 years?
Old 03-28-2016, 11:21 PM   #8
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash$
Yep,

Mr.Navarro how did.your $6,500 claimer from Monmouth just break a record for 6f that hasnt been broken in 50 years?

That is definitely something that should be asked if it happens. It's a shame more questions are not asked here in the states AND if it does happen, why doesn't the public always know about it?
Old 03-28-2016, 11:25 PM   #9
Kash$
Veteran

Quote:
That is definitely something that should be asked if it happens. It's a shame more questions are not asked here in the states AND if it does happen, why doesn't the public always know about it?
Beyer for years has written articles about. The Miracle trainer with the Magic Potion..Hes praised emd you get buried...
Old 03-28-2016, 11:28 PM   #10
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:

I sincerely doubt he was talking about the Ortiz brothers, as you always do. Care to reply with another smart ass remark?
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-28-2016, 11:30 PM   #11
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Dumb and dumber (bello & EMD4ME) are going to try and paint me as some naive fool. But the big point they are ignoring is that in a recent thread, I wasn't talking about cheating trainers. I was directly addressing EMD's and some others CONSTANT assault on jockeys and how they are essentially FIXING every other race (especially the ones EMD loses).

Try and keep it on topic if you're going to come at me with smart ass replies.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 03-28-2016 at 11:31 PM.
Old 03-28-2016, 11:36 PM   #12
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
I sincerely doubt he was talking about the Ortiz brothers, as you always do. Care to reply with another smart ass remark?
I wasn't talking about the Ortiz brothers either. I was referring to the David Flores incident.
Old 03-28-2016, 11:39 PM   #13
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Dumb and dumber (bello & EMD4ME) are going to try and paint me as some naive fool. But the big point they are ignoring is that in a recent thread, I wasn't talking about cheating trainers. I was directly addressing EMD's and some others CONSTANT assault on jockeys and how they are essentially FIXING every other race (especially the ones EMD loses).

Try and keep it on topic if you're going to come at me with smart ass replies.
Wait just a second boss. I want to be Dumb, not dumber please.... I like Jim Carrey.

For the record. I don't complain about races I lose. I complain about races I win as well.

We all know you are super sharp. Mean that sincerely. Never crossed my mind that you are naive. We all know you need to CYA. I respect that.
Old 03-28-2016, 11:47 PM   #14
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

While I appreciate the compliment, I am probably one of the least sharpest handicappers here compared to some of you. And I include you in that vast section of players here who are better than me.

With that said, I still think you're nutty.
Old 03-28-2016, 11:56 PM   #15
woodbinepmi

Here is the link to the Hong Kong paper on Dale Romans:
http://www.scmp.com/sport/racing/art...g-kong-licence

It looks as he is not alone in wanting to come to Hong Kong, Peter Moody in Australia is contemplating it too:
http://www.scmp.com/sport/racing/art...he-does-u-turn