Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 3.00 average.
Old 01-28-2017, 09:23 AM   #211
westny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyraguru
. When I arrived at aqueduct over the pass two weekends, the talking horses pre race handicapping show before each race card is a total joke 100% bland . no life at all
Yup. Monotonous, "down the line" prattle

My guess is that NYRA uses "per diem" rotation of handicapping pals of Serling.
No salaries, no benefits.."consultants". Serling is likely a "nyra contractor as well.

What can be expected from a suit like Kay...an ex-Toys R Us "exec" who cooled his heels as some public park exec until he could pander to NY politicos who run NYRA, for a job.

Last edited by westny; 01-28-2017 at 09:35 AM.
Old 02-07-2017, 06:52 PM   #212
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

So today, my NYC uncle visited my mother and my mother said please put the horsie channel on. My uncle reminded her that the horsie channel is gone.

They complained about it for a bit and my uncle said: I haven't made a single wager on a horse race since Dec 31st. Not in protest but because I work 5 days a week. I used to bet on my 2 days off and on evenings. Now, there is no OTB and no NYRA channel, so it's impossible.

Way to go NYRA. $25,000 a quarter (1/4 of a year) better gone from your books. He will go on track 4 times a month when Belmont runs but that's about it.

On track, feedback has been similar. Inner city older folks are bitching about out of sight, out of mind. No TV channel, no OTB, no internet capability, no betting.

NYRA, if you read this (and assuming you're NOT TRYING to cannibalize the product-which I think you are), WAKE UP.
Old 02-07-2017, 06:55 PM   #213
MonmouthParkJoe

Any response to your email?
Old 02-07-2017, 07:00 PM   #214
Robert Fischer
clean money

Chris Kay 6-star CEO gets raving reviews
Old 02-07-2017, 07:02 PM   #215
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonmouthParkJoe
Any response to your email?

Nope and on track, a couple of NYRA employees asked me to write to the board of directors. I'll get around to a new letter to them, in due time.

No one is going to kill the game I love, without me doing everything I can to stop it. Not even Cuomo. I wasn't kidding when I said I'm writing to Trump.

Y'all can insert your jokes and mock my letter (which was obviously a venting session and letting him know that you can't screw us without someone bitching to you about it) BUT at least I did and I am doing something about it.

And if I hear one more annoying Long Islander tell me that his/her channel is still on, I'm going to stick some vaseline on their wagering pad (I don't believe in violence unless it's self life defense)

Last edited by EMD4ME; 02-07-2017 at 07:06 PM.
Old 02-07-2017, 07:07 PM   #216
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer
Chris Kay 6-star CEO gets raving reviews
Very personable engaging and fan friendly too

I wish I had the honor of watching "matches" with such a racing fan
Old 02-07-2017, 07:47 PM   #217
Hambletonian

Holy jeebus, you still going on about this, EMD4ME?

Remember, stop digging when you hit China!

I would have thought your arms would be too tired to type with all the patting yourself on the back you have been engaged in during this thread.
Old 02-07-2017, 08:08 PM   #218
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambletonian
Holy jeebus, you still going on about this, EMD4ME?

Remember, stop digging when you hit China!

I would have thought your arms would be too tired to type with all the patting yourself on the back you have been engaged in during this thread.
Patting myself on my back? Did you even read this thread? Non stop bashing and smacks on my head. I'm defending myself for those that can't see that.

And yes damn it. I will speak about this till I think no one uses the NYRA channel to handle on NYRA and non NYRA races (remember-this drives non NYRA handle on simulcast races which is hugely profitable for NYRA).

I never get tired of fighting for what's 100% right.
Old 02-07-2017, 08:24 PM   #219
NTamm1215

Just a few numbers for everyone...

On-track handle, and overall handle is basically even with 2016 when you align the dates properly and break it out to daily handle to account for cancellations.

Handle last weekend was up almost 15% on Saturday and 10% on Sunday.
Old 02-07-2017, 08:41 PM   #220
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTamm1215
Just a few numbers for everyone...

On-track handle, and overall handle is basically even with 2016 when you align the dates properly and break it out to daily handle to account for cancellations.

Handle last weekend was up almost 15% on Saturday and 10% on Sunday.
I can appreciate that Mr. Tammaro.

How is handle on non nyra tracks? (Via NYRA rewards players-not NYRA bets, which is nationwide).

I would expect on track handle to go UP with no NYRA channel in the city and wouldn't call near even a success.

Is there any way to track (wagers on NYRA races) handle that has left NYRA rewards/NYRA bets (on NYRA races) that has now gone to a competing ADW?

Do you mind breaking down these numbers and not generalizing?

Finally, this is the best winter I've seen in NY in years. How do you account for weather (16 VS. 17)?

I hope you are dead right and I am dead wrong. I bitch because 1) I was personally impacted and know many who have been as well 2) I love this game and want it to do as best as it can.

Last edited by EMD4ME; 02-07-2017 at 08:42 PM.
Old 02-07-2017, 10:12 PM   #221
LottaKash

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
On track, feedback has been similar. Inner city older folks are bitching about out of sight, out of mind. No TV channel, no OTB, no internet capability, no betting.

NYRA, if you read this (and assuming you're NOT TRYING to cannibalize the product-which I think you are), WAKE UP.
If I was in your place EMD, I would feel exactly the way you do....

I don't get it at all...It's as if they don't need you anymore...My sympathies.
Old 02-07-2017, 11:17 PM   #222
Rise Over Run
Slope Handicapping ™

Quote:
They complained about it for a bit and my uncle said: I haven't made a single wager on a horse race since Dec 31st. Not in protest but because I work 5 days a week. I used to bet on my 2 days off and on evenings. Now, there is no OTB and no NYRA channel, so it's impossible.

Way to go NYRA. $25,000 a quarter (1/4 of a year) better gone from your books. He will go on track 4 times a month when Belmont runs but that's about it.
LOL. Guy that bet $100k per year suddenly went cold turkey because TV channel wasn't available. You can't make this stuff up.... Or maybe you can....

Our learning institutions only want diversity in appearances, not in thoughts.
Old 02-07-2017, 11:28 PM   #223
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise Over Run
LOL. Guy that bet $100k per year suddenly went cold turkey because TV channel wasn't available. You can't make this stuff up.... Or maybe you can....
Very easy when your 70 plus years old and don't use the internet.

Second, don't you accusers (of lying) get tired of simply screaming: liar!? Just because in your myopic world, you can't grasp/believe things doesn't mean they are not 100% true.
Old 02-08-2017, 12:01 AM   #224
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Here's how to get some action...have Uncle Leo call him an anti-Semite.
Old 02-08-2017, 10:40 AM   #225
NTamm1215

Quote:
I can appreciate that Mr. Tammaro.

How is handle on non nyra tracks? (Via NYRA rewards players-not NYRA bets, which is nationwide).

I would expect on track handle to go UP with no NYRA channel in the city and wouldn't call near even a success.

Is there any way to track (wagers on NYRA races) handle that has left NYRA rewards/NYRA bets (on NYRA races) that has now gone to a competing ADW?

Do you mind breaking down these numbers and not generalizing?

Finally, this is the best winter I've seen in NY in years. How do you account for weather (16 VS. 17)?

I hope you are dead right and I am dead wrong. I bitch because 1) I was personally impacted and know many who have been as well 2) I love this game and want it to do as best as it can.
Unfortunately, I am not privy to that info. It would be interesting to find out though. I would bet that any decreases are negligible, simply because the people who were betting will continue to do so even if they have to change the way they watch races. I know that's an opinion most often propagated by executives, which I am not. However, there will certainly be exceptions.
Closed Thread