Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software > HandiFast Handicapping Software

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 05-10-2016, 08:35 AM   #541
mikesal57
Veteran

If I say again thanks to all involved ...

people may start to think I'm a HoMo...

Mike
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-11-2016, 11:30 AM   #542
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I could set you guys up a private forum right here if you'd like. Just throwing my hat into the ring.

And I must confess, I've never given Handifast its proper due...personally...I think I'm going to sit down with it in the coming weeks and really try and sink my teeth into it...I wish I had more time in the day!
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-11-2016, 12:40 PM   #543
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
I could set you guys up a private forum right here if you'd like. Just throwing my hat into the ring.

And I must confess, I've never given Handifast its proper due...personally...I think I'm going to sit down with it in the coming weeks and really try and sink my teeth into it...I wish I had more time in the day!

I'm sorry PA...but this is for people that have something positive to share and are willing to give it up...
I'm sure lots of people will say the same thing just to get in and not contribute
but if I'm Handi ...I'd keep it a tight hold on it...

my opinion

Mike
Old 05-11-2016, 12:43 PM   #544
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57
I'm sorry PA...but this is for people that have something positive to share and are willing to give it up...
I'm sure lots of people will say the same thing just to get in and not contribute
but if I'm Handi ...I'd keep it a tight hold on it...

my opinion

Mike
Like I said...it would be a private forum only visible to those whom Handi tells me to give access to...and I could give him moderator control over it as well....

I'm just giving you guys the option and trying to help if that's what he's looking for...if not, that's ok too.
Old 05-11-2016, 01:09 PM   #545
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Like I said...it would be a private forum only visible to those whom Handi tells me to give access to...and I could give him moderator control over it as well....

I'm just giving you guys the option and trying to help if that's what he's looking for...if not, that's ok too.

Thxs PA...its up to Handi
Old 05-19-2016, 09:14 PM   #546
Handiman
BarelyWinning

Very close to opening up the user group.

I am almost done with version 9.1...... Fixed a couple of bugs I found. Also, now when you go to build an analyst, all factor fields are pre-populated with 0's so no weights from previous builds get carried over to new analysts.

And have added a view/change option. So if you want to bring up an analyst and see what's in it, and make some changes you can do that. Have just a few lines of code to finish that feature.

So if you want to view and not make changes, then you just close the window. But if you make changes to the factors, just click on save setup and the analyst will be changed and saved.

Hope to have the 9.1 available in a couple of days.

Already formulating some additions to 9.3. Which hopefully will allow the user to display factor rankings in stead of raw numbers as is done now. Display either way if all works out. But with me you can never tell...

Handi
Handiman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2016, 05:45 AM   #547
Viruss

Already formulating some additions to 9.3. Which hopefully will allow the user to display factor rankings in stead of raw numbers as is done now.

Was thinking that would be a great idea just a few weeks ago!!

Go Handi Go!!

Earl J
Viruss is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2016, 08:08 AM   #548
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handiman
Very close to opening up the user group.

I am almost done with version 9.1...... Fixed a couple of bugs I found. Also, now when you go to build an analyst, all factor fields are pre-populated with 0's so no weights from previous builds get carried over to new analysts.

And have added a view/change option. So if you want to bring up an analyst and see what's in it, and make some changes you can do that. Have just a few lines of code to finish that feature.

So if you want to view and not make changes, then you just close the window. But if you make changes to the factors, just click on save setup and the analyst will be changed and saved.

Hope to have the 9.1 available in a couple of days.

Already formulating some additions to 9.3. Which hopefully will allow the user to display factor rankings in stead of raw numbers as is done now. Display either way if all works out. But with me you can never tell...

Handi
Hey Handi...Is the CSV part still challenging you?

Mike
Old 05-20-2016, 04:17 PM   #549
Handiman
BarelyWinning

Trying to get a couple things done and then going to hand off that part to HeadHawg. He is the csv guy. Wanted to get the ranking display code done first, so he doesn't have to do the coding twice.

Handi
Old 05-21-2016, 12:47 PM   #550
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handiman
Trying to get a couple things done and then going to hand off that part to HeadHawg. He is the csv guy. Wanted to get the ranking display code done first, so he doesn't have to do the coding twice.

Handi

Handi...

Just want to make sure that when making the CVS file..
the factor number and its corresponding ranks have their own column for each..

Also , this is new , when creating the CSV file that Today races can be incorporated into it ...Yes it wont have a results file with it but it can be used as a sort of looking at the horse and have a mini Past Performance when its sorted out....
if you or HH needs me to explain further , let me know..

mike
Old 05-21-2016, 01:14 PM   #551
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Heya Mike----post up the handi-fast screen shot pick for the Preakness in the thread I got going.
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-21-2016, 01:40 PM   #552
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg
Heya Mike----post up the handi-fast screen shot pick for the Preakness in the thread I got going.
Got me just before I left for work....

Done....
Old 05-22-2016, 12:12 AM   #553
Handiman
BarelyWinning

Handifast Version 9.1 is on the wing in the air on it's way to PA. Should be up in a day or so. Now couple important things to note.

This is an upgrade to 9.0. So before unzipping, you must delete 2 files. Go to your temphandi folder and delete Handifast 9.0 application file and the .tkn file. Then you can unzip the new download in your temphandi folder. If you get notice while unzipping, that you now have duplicate files, just click ok to install new files and let them switch out the old files. The download will not affect your file of race object setups.

That should be it.

Anybody downloading for the first time will need to contact me and I will send you a couple of files not included in the update.

Also the user group is now open. If you want to become a member, just contact me and let me know.

Handi
Old 05-23-2016, 01:06 PM   #554
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

The newest (v9.1) version of HandiFast is now available for download.

DOWNLOAD HandiFast
Old 05-30-2016, 01:31 PM   #555
Handiman
BarelyWinning

Been working hard on the next upgrade. Should be released soon hopefully. Getting close to coder's burnout. But the new upgrade at present, allows the user to handicap a race and display results in raw number form as originally coded, or you can display the results by their ranking per factor. You also have the ability to designate how low to show the ranks. So if all you want to see is the top rank, then set it to 1 or if you want to see ranks down to say 4, then set it to that. Or display all the ranks.

There was a request to be able to re-handicap and view a race by just choosing another Analyst. So I am looking at that right now. If I can do it, that will be added to this next upgrade also.

Doing some research on analysts, and so I ran 64 races yesterday and finished with a small profit. That's without figuring in a rebate and flat betting 2 horses to win. Still have more research to do, but pleased with the results so far.

Handi