Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 12-14-2015, 05:38 PM   #166
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPickle
He's coming to California for the upcoming Santa Anita meet.
I bet chrb will welcome him with open arms.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2015, 05:39 PM   #167
SuperPickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
I bet chrb will welcome him with open arms.
Of course. Because he has something they need badly.... HORSES.
SuperPickle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2015, 05:48 PM   #168
onefast99

Quote:
I was trying to make the point exclusion is not a cure all. In fact it's rarely effect and often not an option.

The statement the other poster made was "most if not all track can exclude" people they don't want. This is NOT True.

Here are some examples of exclusion...

Tampa Bay Down is privately owned. They were able to successfully exclude Jane Cibelli last meet because of this. Exclusion worked.

Delaware Park is also privately owned. They tried to exclude Juan Vasquez last meet. They were unable to do so. Even though they are privately owned they take money from the state of Delaware through slot subsidies. Therefore anyone who is licensed to race by the state has a right to compete for this money since it is technically the state's funding. So while they were unable to bar him from racing there they were able to bar him from stabling there since it is private property.

Penn National and Parx had the same issue with Burton Sipp in the 90's where the state forced them to let him enter and claim horses but he could not have stalls...

http://articles.philly.com/1993-07-2...iminal-charges

In addition NYRA can not exclude people because the track is owned by the state. That's why they fought for years for the commission to not give Jacobson a license because once he had it they had to let him race. Meadowlands and Monmouth could not exclude people when the NJSEA owned and operated them. They can now. Gural has thrown out some people. I'm not aware of Monmouth doing it.

So in short being privately owned does not mean you can exclude people. Depending on the state and their operating agreement with the state if they take money from the state they might be forced to let those licensed by the state race. Because more and more tracks rely on money coming from non-racing sources tracks are losing a lot of their autonomy in how they operate.

In a perfect world purses would all come from what goes through the windows and the tracks could pick and choose who got to compete. But now they take a lot of money from a lot of other places that comes with a lot of strings.

Exclusion is not a solution to keep bad guys out.
i
So Mike Gill was given a suspension based on what premise?
Old 12-14-2015, 05:53 PM   #169
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Cartagena should be in prison, not just banned.
Please correct me if I'm wrong CJ but wasn't Gregory Martin given jail time for cheating/juicing?

Why not the others?
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2015, 06:36 PM   #170
westny

Quote:
Jacobson doesn't really "own" the horse. Apparently he has an arrangement with her where instead of paying him for feed, vet, exercise riding, etc she gives him half of any money the horse makes. It's a relatively common arrangement. Lots of trainers take a cut of winning instead of fees and the horses race under an "owners" name. Jacobson had the same deal with Winning Move when he trained for them.

Where its unKosher is he entering horses in the races where she enters her horses. You can't have an financial interest in any other horse you have a horse entered. This includes being able to bet other horses in the race.

I'm floored he wasn't suspended.

He has "pictures"!
westny is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2015, 07:18 PM   #171
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
I wonder what's the story with that 'marvelous' horse who won a bunch of races for 'balsamo' at Saratoga, anyone remember the horse I'm talking about? S'mavelous or something like that, was Jacobson the owner of that horse too?
This has been a solid betting angle for me for the past couple of years. Through formulator and research, I was able to connect Basalmo and DJ "together". I didn't know what, why, where, how or who but I knew that there was something that connected them and when horses were entered by her at NYRA I assumed DJ had his hand involved. I bet accordingly.

PO'd this came out.
Old 12-14-2015, 07:40 PM   #172
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
This has been a solid betting angle for me for the past couple of years. Through formulator and research, I was able to connect Basalmo and DJ "together". I didn't know what, why, where, how or who but I knew that there was something that connected them and when horses were entered by her at NYRA I assumed DJ had his hand involved. I bet accordingly.

PO'd this came out.
http://www.horseraceinsider.com/Sara...st-race-spill/

Read the comments under "6th race" seems like this Balsamo/Jacobson connection has been going on for a decade or who knows how long.

They ought to go back and dig into this and take some more purses away.
Old 12-14-2015, 08:16 PM   #173
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:

Read the comments under "6th race" seems like this Balsamo/Jacobson connection has been going on for a decade or who knows how long.

Where were you when I suspected one of the ex girffriends was cheating a decade ago ???
Old 12-14-2015, 08:18 PM   #174
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:

Sure....as soon as you and I get letters sent directly to our homes, giving validation that the 8-3 exacta at Yonkers and the Fairplex screw job were proven true AND a check from a class action lawsuit is mailed to the both of us THEN I'll say they'll dig deeper.
Old 12-14-2015, 08:19 PM   #175
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

And then after that I can get my money back for the A ONE ROCKET race

Horse came back to the winner's circle with a carvel sign hanging on his saddlecloth
Old 12-14-2015, 08:58 PM   #176
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
And then after that I can get my money back for the A ONE ROCKET race

Horse came back to the winner's circle with a carvel sign hanging on his saddlecloth
It's nice they got around to looking at hidden ownership after oh, I don't know, a decade.
Old 12-15-2015, 12:18 PM   #177
onefast99

Quote:
It's nice they got around to looking at hidden ownership after oh, I don't know, a decade.
I'm sure you realize there are many ways to manipulate the system by all those involved. It happens a lot more than you could ever imagine. Maybe now that Jacobson got caught may keep others from trying or continuuing the same shenanigans.
Old 01-28-2017, 01:43 AM   #178
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

So I guess it's been about 5 years that 'babe' has been 'off the program' as trainer. I would say that 5 years is plenty, he ought to be welcomed back into the game under a tight leash AND only if he can prove he's not been training horses under a beard all these years. I say let him back if he's been a good boy.

Any thoughts on babe coming back into the sport and getting his sentence reduced for good behavior?
EasyGoer89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-28-2017, 01:50 AM   #179
no breathalyzer
Veteran

the question that pops my mind is who is he bearding for besides the obvious one that everyone knows... or thinks they know ... if he is doing this he is doing a great job staying under the radar

Last edited by no breathalyzer; 01-28-2017 at 01:52 AM.
no breathalyzer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-28-2017, 02:23 AM   #180
LottaKash

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyGoer89
So I guess it's been about 5 years that 'babe' has been 'off the program' as trainer. I would say that 5 years is plenty, he ought to be welcomed back into the game under a tight leash AND only if he can prove he's not been training horses under a beard all these years. I say let him back if he's been a good boy.

Any thoughts on babe coming back into the sport and getting his sentence reduced for good behavior?

Yeah, WHY?...