Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-08-2022, 05:45 PM   #31
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
how can you tell it is working?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0mhG1sqlww

I wonder what kind of life she has led, she seems to be so out of touch with things a common person experiences. Like the Kinko comment, how could she not realize they have been gone for ages? Did Kamala always have assistants do everything for her?
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-08-2022, 07:53 PM   #32
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zydeco View Post
I rear ended a Pinto in 1980 in a company Truck and my first thought was "don't blowup..don't blow up" Was cited for "Failure to maintain a clear distance".
“Assured Clear distance ahead”

I must of written those words a million times in the 90’s

I hated that shit………
Old 02-09-2022, 01:50 AM   #33
letswastemoney

Hybrid vehicles work well. I get about 500 miles on a full tank and get to use any regular old gas station.

I'm not sure if it's too soon for fully electric cars for regular people. But I'm seeing more and more charging stations at places like truck stops and retail shopping centers.
letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-09-2022, 10:21 AM   #34
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by letswastemoney View Post
Hybrid vehicles work well. I get about 500 miles on a full tank and get to use any regular old gas station.

I'm not sure if it's too soon for fully electric cars for regular people. But I'm seeing more and more charging stations at places like truck stops and retail shopping centers.

If you run the electric all the way down, how long does it take to get a full charge off a 220V charger?
Old 02-09-2022, 04:39 PM   #35
Stevecsd2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
Apparently you don’t know the difference between forcing and encouraging.

Mostpost, they are forcing other people, through the taxes taken by the federal government, to pay for this. That one part of the forcing equation.
Stevecsd2 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-09-2022, 04:46 PM   #36
Stevecsd2

Where is all that electricity going to come from? It takes 62 KWH to charge a Nissan Leaf for 226 miles. If a person drives only 1,000 miles a month that is an extra 250 KWH per month. Last month we only used 615 KWH total. That would increase our usage by 30%. Multiply that 250 extra KWH per month by the millions that will need it for electric cars and you're talking a huge amount of new electricity that will be needed. Just look at what happened in Texas during the month of February, 2021. Not only would those people been without heat, they could have been stranded with electricity in their cars.
Old 02-09-2022, 08:36 PM   #37
Marshall Bennett

Technology is lagging way behind this fairy tale. To completely eliminate fossil fuel, well it just ain't gonna happen. The atmosphere is fine and those that whine "aren't really following the science" as they say.
Marshall Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-09-2022, 09:00 PM   #38
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post
Technology is lagging way behind this fairy tale. To completely eliminate fossil fuel, well it just ain't gonna happen. The atmosphere is fine and those that whine "aren't really following the science" as they say.
Amen!
Old 02-09-2022, 09:52 PM   #39
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post
Except in dimwit mindset, the way to encourage new technologies is to eliminate and discourage existing technology. Even if it means relying on
'enemies' to fill the needs for new technologies and to help replace stuff needed after killing own internal supply.

Out of sight, out of mind. As long as it does not wreck our backyard, it is alright to get it from the other side of the world.

Europe likes green energy, but they have not figured out what to do during the winter in a blizzard
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-10-2022, 10:27 AM   #40
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevecsd2 View Post
Where is all that electricity going to come from? It takes 62 KWH to charge a Nissan Leaf for 226 miles. If a person drives only 1,000 miles a month that is an extra 250 KWH per month. Last month we only used 615 KWH total. That would increase our usage by 30%. Multiply that 250 extra KWH per month by the millions that will need it for electric cars and you're talking a huge amount of new electricity that will be needed. Just look at what happened in Texas during the month of February, 2021. Not only would those people been without heat, they could have been stranded with electricity in their cars.

On top of that California is eliminating small internal combustion engines and phasing out natural gas on new construction. An all electric house can consume triple in KWH of one with natural gas, there is no such thing as efficient electric heating elements. A good example is my range, dryer, and water heater draw the same as my central AC unit. The central electric heat consumes double the AC, and it is a dual stage heat pump. I am sure everyone who doesn't crunch numbers knows how much a hot summer does to an electric bill in a house that heats with gas. Think if you had multiple things in a house that draw what the AC does or more.
Old 02-10-2022, 04:36 PM   #41
Zydeco

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
“Assured Clear distance ahead”

I must of written those words a million times in the 90’s

I hated that shit………
Well it was a Columbus Police Officer!
Zydeco is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-10-2022, 04:38 PM   #42
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zydeco View Post
Well it was a Columbus Police Officer!
These new cars stop for ya.
Old 02-26-2022, 02:29 PM   #43
BIG RED
Son O'War

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
When they stop lighting people's houses on fire, I might consider them....

Maybe our good VP should put that money towards making them safer...instead of bribing people to buy "ol' SPARKY"
just seen this poking around. They believe the fire was caused by the batteries in the electric cars. 4,000 Luxury vehicles.

Old 02-26-2022, 02:57 PM   #44
Stevecsd2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG RED View Post
just seen this poking around. They believe the fire was caused by the batteries in the electric cars. 4,000 Luxury vehicles.

$400 million! That's going to be quite the insurance claim!

They had better start shipping them without the batteries installed.
Old 02-26-2022, 03:24 PM   #45
davew

They are saying China has been opening a coal operated electrical plant every week. Maybe the democrat leaders could buy electricity and infrastructure from China for all of the new electric cars.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply